McdSto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic coupe
Country flag
On a 2019 Civic, if I change my battery and keep a 12 volt supply on the ECM connector to not loose settings, is there something else that have to be done to avoid problems. Some car need the ECM to be "tell" that the battery has been changed. Is this applicable to a 2019 Civic.
Sponsored

Yoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX MT
Country flag
Don't know about 2019, but I changed the battery in my 2016 in a Costco parking lot in 10 minutes and there was nothing to reset, not even the radio.

logan5

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
On a 2019 Civic, if I change my battery and keep a 12 volt supply on the ECM connector to not loose settings, is there something else that have to be done to avoid problems. Some car need the ECM to be "tell" that the battery has been changed. Is this applicable to a 2019 Civic.
If you reconnect the new battery quickly (within 5 min or so), the system will retain all settings. I suspect there's some capacitor or some other short-term power storage that holds settings for just a bit. Just connect the power leads first thing before you retighten the new battery back to the car.

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
Are there any settings that are stored in ram on our cars? When my battery went to hell none of my settings were reset besides the clock. The only time I lost my car’s settings is during my failed radio installation. The only things that got reset were the instrument panel I had to restore

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
the radio looks for a matching vin number in the ecu to power on with no code. Should never have to worry about a code or setting in the radio.

Non matching vin, it asks for a code.

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
the radio looks for a matching vin number in the ecu to power on with no code. Should never have to worry about a code or setting in the radio.

Non matching vin, it asks for a code.
Ah. Just like the 90s Honda’s. I have a friend that used to own a late 90s accord with a bricked radio

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
changed mine yesterday at first 4 lights were on on the dash, traction control, tire inflation, and two others but after driving for 20 minutes they each went off. Looks like the car relearns everything all by itself.

TimberWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had to replace my battery earlier this year. I removed the battery, took it to a local shop to find the same sized replacement, then installed it in the Civic. No relearning, no warning lights, radio worked. Not sure if Canadian cars are different.

jeeva86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Acura TL-S 6MT
Country flag
I disconnected my battery for 12 hours, connected it back then radio code was required. I shut off the car and went back 4 hours later and this time radio worked without asking for the code. Is this automatic on the Canadian models?

1981CBX

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Touring Coupe (owned) 2018 Accord base model (leased) 1981 Honda CBX motorcycle
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Battery change procedure 73BF056B-51B9-4301-8DFA-1AD3524DEA96
Don't know about 2019, but I changed the battery in my 2016 in a Costco parking lot in 10 minutes and there was nothing to reset, not even the radio.
I had the battery out of my car since Thanksgiving of last year, set the battery back in the car, brought the keys over and started it right up.
Sponsored