Batch of issues (audio system, hvac, window, steering wheel)

finalnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just wanted to post about my first batch of issues and their resolution:

EX-T Sedan, manufactured November 2015, purchased April 2016.

Bought it from a dealer that has only sold a few EX-T, EX-L, and Tourings.

Issue 1: Steering wheel seam on the outer edge has a 1/4" opening in the seam at the bottom of the wheel.
Issue 2: Entertainment system power button doesn't do anything
Issue 3: Slow/inconsistent pairing on both bluetooth and android auto
Issue 4: Temperature settings don't show up on screen
Issue 5: Driver side window slows down and gets noisy about halfway down

Dealer was surprisingly great about the issues. A lot of the issues they hadn't heard about yet but they were refreshingly happy to get my printout about the new audio system update. They said they really appreciated the legwork I had done researching the issues as it made things easier for them. They didn't try to deflect the issues' causes or blame me.

I dropped off the car at 7:30 AM for service. They called me with it all fixed by 12:30 PM. They were especially happy about the tip I gave about contacting Honda Tech Line about the HVAC system. They confirmed that Honda is saying that the Turbos (maybe others too) were turned off at the factory before the process had been completed so they redid that factory process with Tech Line's instructions.

Issue 1: They actually ordered me a whole new steering wheel, I would have been happy just getting the seam re-sealed. I get the wheel installed when it comes in on Wednesday.
Issue 2 and 3: They did the usb software update to the audio/entertainment system.
Issue 4: Did the tech line process as I mentioned above.
Issue 5: They confirmed it was an under lubricated window channel as I suspected but they also said that the channel was not seated properly either so the two issues combined were causing the windows to bind up. Reseated and lubricated and its fast now. They didn't say anything about my window being tinted either.
Sponsored

OP
OP
finalnight

finalnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update now that I have had a bit of time driving it:

Audio/Entertainment system is faster and more responsive, less lag. Power button is working Rear and side cameras are a bit clearer. Now I have a menu that pops on the rear camera where I can change the viewing angle of the camera.
Bluetooth seems to be working better, pairs quicker. Will test Android Auto later tonight.
Looks like it was a big reset of some kind because my Maintenance Minder is at 100%.
HVAC is working great and showing both zone temperature settings now.

For the audio/entertainment system:
Previous version: Ver.1.F183.52
New version: Ver.1.F186.69
Sponsored