Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Where about a are you located??

Never thought for that but definitely a possibility. Guess we will have to wait and see until these turbos are released.

It’s not that there is nothing he can do. Cause really he can turn knock control off. But do you know what happens when we disable knock control?

Have you put it through the gears? Cause I don’t see mosterous climbs till I hit 4th 5th 6th.

I’ve had James (Ktuner) D-Rob (amazing tuner) and Vit all look at the logs. There is nothing wrong with the software. Mechanical there is nothing broken or problematic. It’s something else. There is something that’s going on that’s causing it to climb with some people and not others. That’s why I said maybe elevations.
What brand gas are you using and 91 or 93 plus the E85?

OP
OP
GTAHatch

GTAHatch

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic 1.5T Sport Hatch MT
Vehicle Showcase
I've had my throttle body coupler pop out once with high boost. Knock control went up to 1.3... there is something clearly wrong somewhere.
I agree. The microphone is picking something up from somewhere...
What brand gas are you using and 91 or 93 plus the E85?
I was using Esso 93 and then I switched to Petro-Canada 94. I did this for elimination processes.

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe, 2010 Accord Crosstour, 2008 Civic LX Coupe(Totaled), 2005 Acura TL(Sold), 1996 Accord EX Coupe
Country flag
Where about a are you located??

Never thought for that but definitely a possibility. Guess we will have to wait and see until these turbos are released.

It’s not that there is nothing he can do. Cause really he can turn knock control off. But do you know what happens when we disable knock control?

Have you put it through the gears? Cause I don’t see mosterous climbs till I hit 4th 5th 6th.

I’ve had James (Ktuner) D-Rob (amazing tuner) and Vit all look at the logs. There is nothing wrong with the software. Mechanical there is nothing broken or problematic. It’s something else. There is something that’s going on that’s causing it to climb with some people and not others. That’s why I said maybe elevations.
I'm located in Kansas City, Missouri. Flat midwest. Heat the past few days has been in the mid 80's with decent humidity.
The only time I see k.cntrl rise is when i'm going WOT in higher gears at lower RPM. Which is about normal from what i've heard.
I go WOT getting on the interstate every morning. All the way 1-3 and half of 4th before I shift into 6th to cruise. (I love highway on ramps :cool:)

EDIT: Also not sure what fuel quality is where you are, but most stations around me sell straight garbage. Might wanna test that as well. At some gas stations here I would fill up with 91 or 93 and could definitely tell the octane was not at that level in datalogs. Only places i've gotten decent fuel in KC is BP and Phillips 66. Quiktrip, Hyvee, Shell etc. All make my kcntrl shoot up.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree. The microphone is picking something up from somewhere...

I was using Esso 93 and then I switched to Petro-Canada 94. I did this for elimination processes.
Ok good to know and is every part on your car tuned by Vit like up to date?

OP
OP
GTAHatch

GTAHatch

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm located in Kansas City, Missouri. Flat midwest. Heat the past few days has been in the mid 80's with decent humidity.
The only time I see k.cntrl rise is when i'm going WOT in higher gears at lower RPM. Which is about normal from what i've heard.
I go WOT getting on the interstate every morning. All the way 1-3 and half of 4th before I shift into 6th to cruise. (I love highway on ramps :cool:)

EDIT: Also not sure what fuel quality is where you are, but most stations around me sell straight garbage. Might wanna test that as well. At some gas stations here I would fill up with 91 or 93 and could definitely tell the octane was not at that level in data logs. Only places I've gotten decent fuel in KC is BP and Phillips 66. Quiktrip, Hyvee, Shell etc. All make my kcntrl shoot up.
Do a test for me. When you hit 3rd come off the throttle and then back on it but only enough to build boost. Once you've done stay steady on the boost without doing WOT. Like I said I get the most climb in 4th, 5th, and 6th. See if you can get it to climb a bit. When you get some time..
Ok good to know and is every part on your car tuned by Vit like up to date?
Yes my latest tune is with everything that is on my car now. I'm just waiting for another turbo before I get re-tuned. No point in me paying to re-tune what i have now. But the reason why I don't think that it could be the tune is because only some people getting this and not others. Also it doe it on more then one tune.

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe, 2010 Accord Crosstour, 2008 Civic LX Coupe(Totaled), 2005 Acura TL(Sold), 1996 Accord EX Coupe
Country flag
Do a test for me. When you hit 3rd come off the throttle and then back on it but only enough to build boost. Once you've done stay steady on the boost without doing WOT. Like I said I get the most climb in 4th, 5th, and 6th. See if you can get it to climb a bit. When you get some time..

Yes my latest tune is with everything that is on my car now. I'm just waiting for another turbo before I get re-tuned. No point in me paying to re-tune what i have now. But the reason why I don't think that it could be the tune is because only some people getting this and not others. Also it doe it on more then one tune.

Will do it on my way home today. I'm running about 22% Ethanol mixed with 91 according to my tuner. Which means I should be sitting around 94ish octane according to my calculations.
Weather is windy, mostly cloudy. 82 degrees Fahrenheit.

OP
OP
GTAHatch

GTAHatch

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Will do it on my way home today. I'm running about 22% Ethanol mixed with 91 according to my tuner. Which means I should be sitting around 94ish octane according to my calculations.
Ok perfect.. Thank you. Im on E right now as well. Although we just had our temperature drop, we should be getting some warmer weather in the next couple days. see what your out come is and what mine is. Sorry did you mention your elevations????

OP
OP
GTAHatch

GTAHatch

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just looked up Kansa City elevations and you’re at 277 meters above sea level. I’m 106 meters above sea level so that may be a factor.

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just looked up Kansa City elevations and you’re at 277 meters above sea level. I’m 106 meters above sea level so that may be a factor.
I don't know if it would be. The air is less dense the higher up you are but I think since we're talking turbocharged cars with electronic wastegates rather then supercharged or N/A, the elevation change between 106 and 277 should be minuscule. The wastegate is looking for a certain amount of pressure, right? The difference between higher altitude and lower altitude is barometric pressure. All that changes is that the turbo has to work harder to reach the target pressure before the wastegate control electronics start their wastegate duty cycle. The lower oxygen density is a direct relation to the air being thinner. There will be a difference. but it would be slight I think.

I may also be terribly wrong though as i'm not an expert on tuning. :imnew:

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hi guys,
Unfortunately I’m having the same problem. I have a 1.5T base model (CVT hatch). I uploaded the dual 21.5 psi starter ktuner tune and I use 91oct fuel all the time. Even at 30 % throttle position my knock goes up to .8 and if I got WOT as I did today until 100mph I got 1.20 K. Con . I’ve done couple tests on how to decrease it but then at a slight acceleration it goes high again. Please help. No performance mods, just a tune!

3912E35F-652D-44EB-8727-B0AFF288A9E7.jpeg
Can you get higher octane fuel and test? I'm assuming its a fuel issue since you're only using 91.

OP
OP
GTAHatch

GTAHatch

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys,
Unfortunately I’m having the same problem. I have a 1.5T base model (CVT hatch). I uploaded the dual 21.5 psi starter ktuner tune and I use 91oct fuel all the time. Even at 30 % throttle position my knock goes up to .8 and if I got WOT as I did today until 100mph I got 1.20 K. Con . I’ve done couple tests on how to decrease it but then at a slight acceleration it goes high again. Please help. No performance mods, just a tune!

Yeah seeing your post. That’s why I figured we can get all the base engine guys in here and put our minds together and maybe figure this out or find a solution.

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just did the pull. Pulled until 3rd. Let off the throttle. Then gradually applied the throttle to build boost.

Highest count I registered is .52
IAT was at 91F.
Ethanol steady at 21%
Boost at 19psi at the max.

Maybe the tune is too aggressive? Mines pretty conservative(tuned myself)

:dunno:

OP
OP
GTAHatch

GTAHatch

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just did the pull. Pulled until 3rd. Let off the throttle. Then gradually applied the throttle to build boost.

Highest count I registered is .52
IAT was at 91F.
Ethanol steady at 21%
Boost at 19psi at the max.

Maybe the tune is too aggressive? Mines pretty conservative(tuned myself)

:dunno:
Damn she didn’t even move. So jelly. I’m going out in a bit and I’ll do a datalog and video.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Hi guys,

Do you hear any knocking sound when you rev the engine up in neutral
Sponsored