GTAHatch

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic 1.5T Sport Hatch MT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone. I’m calling all base model 1.5T engine owners to come forward with some data logs. Hondata and Ktuner. I’ve seen a lot of post in regards to this but it’s focus on those post are towards the individual. So basically I’m looking for a wide range of people that are using different mods and tunes, but are using Hondata or Ktuner. I’m VitTuned using Ktuner. I can go WOT and make it climb. Start at .49. By the time I get to 6th gear I can between .80 and 1.10. I’ve done test beyond test. I’ve done compression test, intake manifold test and scope, checked plugs and respaced, check MAF, checked ignition boots, and so on and so forth. If I do a gradual throttle I can make it climb really fast.

Things I don’t want to hear.
It’s gas. Nope cause running ethanol.
MAF. Nope brand new.
Sensitive Microphone. Then why are some guys experiencing this and other aren’t?
The base model just does it? Why? Why does it do it? What’s causing it to do it?

Just cursious why this is happening and what we can do to stop it from climbing. Also my actual knock count stays at zero most of the time. I maybe able get a knock count of 3 to 5. Thanks in advance. Hope we can solves this. Also if elevations have anything to with it I’m in Toronto Ontario Canada.
Sponsored

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey everyone. I’m calling all base model 1.5T engine owners to come forward with some data logs. Hondata and Ktuner. I’ve seen a lot of post in regards to this but it’s focus on those post are towards the individual. So basically I’m looking for a wide range of people that are using different mods and tunes, but are using Hondata or Ktuner. I’m VitTuned using Ktuner. I can go WOT and make it climb. Start at .49. By the time I get to 6th gear I can between .80 and 1.10. I’ve done test beyond test. I’ve done compression test, intake manifold test and scope, checked plugs and respaced, check MAF, checked ignition boots, and so on and so forth. If I do a gradual throttle I can make it climb really fast.

Things I don’t want to hear.
It’s gas. Nope cause running ethanol.
MAF. Nope brand new.
Sensitive Microphone. Then why are some guys experiencing this and other aren’t?
The base model just does it? Why? Why does it do it? What’s causing it to do it?

Just cursious why this is happening and what we can do to stop it from climbing. Also my actual knock count stays at zero most of the time. I maybe able get a knock count of 3 to 5. Thanks in advance. Hope we can solves this. Also if elevations have anything to with it I’m in Toronto Ontario Canada.
Well do you have a flex fuel kit first of all because that is needed to run ethanol. Second why do yoy have a new MAF? Third since your vittuned, why don't you ask Vit lol. Forth what are all the parts you have on the car?

OP
OP
GTAHatch

GTAHatch

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well do you have a flex fuel kit first of all because that is needed to run ethanol. Second why do yoy have a new MAF? Third since your vittuned, why don't you ask Vit lol. Forth what are all the parts you have on the car?
Oh boy.
No man I though I would just run ethanol with out a tune or flex kit. Just throw it in and hope for the best.
Brand new car- like new MAF
I’m VitTuned yes but I can go to a staged map and same thing even on ethanol.
If you wanna know my list it’s all listed in garage.
Clearly I’ve asked Vit and his response is the base model just does it. Why? Because it just does. Sorry not good enough.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh boy.
No man I though I would just run ethanol with out a tune or flex kit. Just throw it in and hope for the best.
Clearly I’ve asked Vit and his response is the base model just does it. Why? Because it just does. Sorry not good enough.
You told VIT your running ethonal without a flex fuel kit right?

OP
OP
GTAHatch

GTAHatch

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You told VIT your running ethonal without a flex fuel kit right?
Clearly you didn’t look at my list cause it clearly states that I have a flex kit. Not to mention I ordered it directly from him.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The point of a flex fuel kit is that it allows your ecu to automatically tune your ethonal for any amount of E85 placed into your car. Without it your suppose to adjust it manually each time you put E85 in the car.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Clearly you didn’t look at my list cause it clearly states that I have a flex kit. Not to mention I ordered it directly from him.
Well you did just say you put in ethanol without a tune or flex fuel kit and hope for the beat lol

OP
OP
GTAHatch

GTAHatch

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well you did just say you put in ethanol without a tune or flex fuel kit and hope for the beat lol
Guess you didn’t get the sarcasm with oh boy.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
Oh boy.
You seem a bit angry/frustrated which is probably driving the sarcasm in your response. That sarcasm will probably reduce the number of valuable responses you get in a thread that you are clearly looking for valuable responses in.

My response to your thread is:
Currently tuned with ktuner using 19.5/21 psi map on my 2017 si and I think I saw a highest of .70ish but I'm normally between .49 and .65 under most throttle conditions.

Last edited:

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You seem a bit angry/frustrated which is probably driving the sarcasm in your response. That sarcasm will probably reduce the number of valuable responses you get in a thread that you are clearly looking for valuable responses in.

Currently tuned with ktuner using 19.5/21 psi map and I think I saw a highest of .70ish but I'm normally between .49 and .65 under lost throttle conditions.
Funny thing is he made a custom downpipe and frontpipe himself lol. Not too many people do that. Another thing you listed was Ktuner flex fuel sensor and since you said you ordered the whole kit from Vit the it should’ve been around $600 for his full flex fuel kit?

OP
OP
GTAHatch

GTAHatch

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not angry at all. Sorry that you may have taken it that way. I’m frustrated with this on going problem not with @LilToTo17 responce. I appreciate all responses.

What’s the funny part about getting a custom made exhaust?? That was custom made by very reputable exhaust shop in the Toronto area. What does the price have to do with this thread? Sorry just a little confused by your last post @LilToTo17.

.49 to .70 is very normal. But again I’m focusing on base 1.5T engines. The SI engine isn’t seeing as much fluctuation in knock control.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Currently tuned with ktuner using 19.5/21 psi map on my 2017 si and I think I saw a highest of .70ish but I'm normally between .49 and .65 under most throttle conditions.
Not to take away from your post, but knock control behavior is different on the base vs Si setup. I would not compare them too closely.

@GTAHatch, it may be easier for you to post logs of your own for opinions from others. While they will not all be "valuable", you are likely to get some good input. Personally if I see k.con in the 70's I back off right away, Si or base. Vit is a great tuner, but I think your desire to look into this further is valid.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GTAHatch

GTAHatch

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not to take away from your post, but knock control behavior is different on the base vs Si setup. I would not compare them too closely.

@GTAHatch, it may be easier for you to post logs of your own for opinions from others. While they will not all be "valuable", you are likely to get some good input. Personally if I see k.con in the 70's I back off right away, Si or base. Vit is a great tuner, but I think your desire to look into this further is valid.
Thank you for actually reading my headline. That’s why I put Base model 1.5T. @360glitch I went to a base 21 flex setup last night. Not running the VitTune. Also I’m moving on cause Vits not tuning us anymore. Unfortunately even on E I’m getting high knock control. Don’t really understand the issue or why it’s experiencing this with a very healthy motor.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
GTAHatch

GTAHatch

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Also good idea. I’ll run some logs and post them.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator: