Erikkzu

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I was looking at them and they're priced significantly lower than all of the other ones on the market
The quality is on par with all the other Alibaba knock off stuff they sell. I just got a roll cage from them for my S2000 on the black friday sale. The ONLY reason I got the cage was that I knew it was made locally by a good fabricator. I was kinda upset when the cage showed up in clearly chinese packaging, as if it was a table I bought on Wayfair. Looks like they stopped using that guy and just make knockoffs of his work, his name is missing completely from the nameplate now. The welds look okay, but everything they sell now is just knock off garbage. I took the chance on the cage, but I wouldn't buy anything serious like Ballade branded brakes from them. An exhaust part is meh, you can always fix it if it's complete garbage. But avoid any Ballade Brand stuff and just buy name brand parts during sale events.

They went from a semi-reputable shop, doing Long Rod K24 engine builds and stuff and then they just started selling worse and worse knock off stuff over the last 3yrs or so.
It is annoying that the FDA struck down companies with catless downpipes, looking for used ones is terribly marked up. Im not paying $600 for a piece of metal...

OP
OP
Gavin_Danitz

Gavin_Danitz

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
It is annoying that the FDA struck down companies with catless downpipes, looking for used ones is terribly marked up. Im not paying $600 for a piece of metal...
Exactly

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
*EPA

A bunch of diesel dorks went rolling coal so much on soyboys in Prius's that they complained to EPA. EPA went snooping to find out they are selling emissions delete devices, big no no, so they went pushing million dollar fines on the coal rollers. It then trickled down into ecu tuners for making things read "passed" with emissions devices removed.

It's a huge mess. Anyone who is smart right now is in cover your @ss mode trying to avoid jail time from a bunch of tree huggers on a war path. Even fab guys are running scared. They don't want some guy knocking on their doors because they made a $100 test pipe.

Ballade is probably Dgaf-ing it right now because their stuff is made in China. China laughs at the idea of anyone from the EPA telling them off while they run billion dollar counterfit operations lol.

OP
OP
Gavin_Danitz

Gavin_Danitz

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Very impressed with the quality for the price. These welds look great. We’ll see about fitment

Honda Civic 10th gen Ballade catless dp C846394B-743A-4324-BC96-A3F70E20FE2A

Honda Civic 10th gen Ballade catless dp 82DA67B8-A3EC-493D-9FD2-418D1FB3EF0A

Honda Civic 10th gen Ballade catless dp 035F69CB-5249-46BE-929E-792F811E92B5