bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid Pearl, 1983 Foxbody 4 eye Notchback
Country flag
Been a while for an update, nothing done except a good cleaning job since the last update and installing the rear arms...

Quite a few updates coming though:) First - due to my parents divorcing I will be getting my old engine from a previous build back Sportsman Block 4 bolt mains, 347 Stroker with AFR 205 worked Heads contained in 'mustang talk here so most won't understand" a 1986 4Eye'd Fox Notchback Mustang.

Alot wrong with the way my dad built it but due to budget will be making changes to it slowly - First order of business will be 5 lug swap, Cobra Brakes on front, rear Axle will be getting 31 spline axles along with disk brake conversion, c-clip eliminators and a full spool;-) That will address strenght and braking issues as well as a full range of wheel and tires for it as it's a designated track toy now but will become a Street/Strip car. It's an Auto now but it's built auto so will rock that for a whle until I can afford a 6 speed swap with twin disk etc, after that of course will come Large Single turbo Twins, but that is a lifetime build and will be handed down to one of my 3 kids. As it sits runs 10's and is caged for that level:) Pretty stoked.

With that knowledge - I will be putting my Cat back on the car and selling the DP/FP, already sold my catch can. Will probably take my Cobra Race intake off and go back to stock on it as well. Will do swaybars, and found my dream wheels and tires for this and currently in conversation for them Right now for this car. If I can land them - hoping to get TODAY, I will not do much else to the car for a WHILE as I officially went out of Warranty today on the way to work! At 36,068 as of arriving at work today:) Not bad for around 12 months...

Anyway - Pics of the incoming Stang, and of the car as of Sunday as well:) The BBS's will be coming off and getting Sandblasted but in no hurry at all! Will more than likely refinish them from completely bare metal and then sell them to help finance other items. Car will stay lowered, will move the Sub and stereo upgrades a bit as it will Only serve as Daily if the car deal goes through, but will be doing Fiberglass for the stock location of the rear sub and speakers and going with MB quart replacement components throughout and probably a JL Sub with re-enforcement for the stock location, will measure out the air space for whatever sub I go with.

Anyway, first pic is the Wheels and tires - Rota Grid V in 17x9.5 ET30 on 245/40/17 with new tires. Waiting on the counter offer and if I can pick them up today but have the funds right now and I want an aggressive fit and he Grid V's are some of my favorite wheels of all time, only if they have the concave face though like these do. Will be no other wheel changes once I get these so wish me luck. Will break out the old fender roller and heat gun to ensure fitment though, will also be selling my 20mm spacers SOON if this goes through:)

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build aggessive.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_5299.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_5300.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_5303.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_5305.JPG

OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Forgot about the Mustang pic's - throwing some in now - Long way to go with it but like stated above - Lifetime project and I have built mild to wild Stangs in the past:) So lookign forward to making it my own and making a Drive to the Track, throw down consistent 9's and drive home type of car:)
Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build Dads car

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_5272.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_5273.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_5274.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_5275.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_5277.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_5278.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_5280.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_5281.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_5282.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_5284.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_5285.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_5286.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_5287.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_5288.JPG

OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Change of plans on the wheels, the guy wouldn't budge so started looking and found a 15% off coupon for Ebay - have some other wheels on my short list thanks to blackfc1, and his pics I have found:)

18x9 ET35 Montegi Traklites in Copper arrive on Nov 28th:) Will take the tires off the BBS's and throw on those new wheels and call it done, then will refinish properly the BBS's and sell them. Have around 450 in them so far but will just have to decide if I want Silver or Anthracite after blasting them and will sell them just wheels with the centerbore properly bored out and completely refinished to pay for the new wheels I just got and some other items as well. The 18x9 is aggressive but won't rub anywhere and I can stop running spacers going that route:)

So look for these wheels to be on my car by Christmas at the latest:) When swapping the tires over will pully my DP/FP off and put it up for sale as well, Will let it go for like 165 shipped with the Heat wrap on it, that will make my wife happier but I will miss the pops and extra power.

Here are blackfc1, pics I stole to show you all:) Love that concave look and I have ran Montegi's on the track in the past so no worries on these flowformed wheels:)

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build 55

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build 44

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build 33

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build 22

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build 11

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Forgot about the Mustang pic's - throwing some in now - Long way to go with it but like stated above - Lifetime project and I have built mild to wild Stangs in the past:) So lookign forward to making it my own and making a Drive to the Track, throw down consistent 9's and drive home type of car:)
Dads car.jpeg

IMG_5272.JPG

IMG_5273.JPG

IMG_5274.JPG

IMG_5275.JPG

IMG_5277.JPG

IMG_5278.JPG

IMG_5280.JPG

IMG_5281.JPG

IMG_5282.JPG

IMG_5284.JPG

IMG_5285.JPG

IMG_5286.JPG

IMG_5287.JPG

IMG_5288.JPG
Notchbacks were the best looking ones IMO.

OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Notchbacks were the best looking ones IMO.
I agree, I will be correcting alot of crap my father did, Chrome trim will go to Satin black, the bumper and side panel moldings will go back to black, the center grill piece will go to black as well as headlight surrounds. He did do top of the line suspension components so will be lowering the coilovers a bit and using 17's or 18's for daily driving and after it's all dialed in probably autocross occasionally. Suspension is all tubular, lightweight, and coilovers are all 12 way adjustable as well so can be dual purpose build, he also converted to fast manual rack when I prefer as the old fords have issues with power steering and that alone dropped around 40 lbs. Will update here occasionally on the Stang build but have to get to La to pick it up hopefully before Christmas, there is a Pinks All Out event December 12-14th in Orlando, would love to have it here and to go as it sits to start getting baseline passes during that event:)

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice man. That sounds great. Here in PA, we just hibernate until April lol. My Si will sit in the garage mostly, except for a World of Wheels show I am doing in February.

OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Traklites are on National backorder, they had 2 of them but had no expected delivery date until next year so they gave me an option to upgrade of about 15 different wheels. I went ahead and grabbed the Konig Ultraforms in 18x9 ET38 so should set perfectly flush, for the 18x9’s they are also only 18.6 lbs a piece which was a surprise! I decided to go away from the bronze and gold, went with the Gray Gloss Graphite Gray think it will look great with the white and be a bit less flashy while still having the aggressive fitment I desired!

Here is a pic, will be here before December:)

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build B9302D5A-088F-4BB3-A52C-B2E9E1F3BE54

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build FCBA282C-4CAB-4D5C-B185-B47CCD2B4186

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build F817E3C5-E068-4069-81D6-2AC98F99610E

OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just FYI won’t post till removed but will wait till after Black Friday sales and Cyber Monday sales then remove my PRL Cobra Race Maf setup and be selling. Have around 7k on it in perfect condition thinking 350 shipped with USPS priority shipping but may drop as know the pricing during this time of year. That’s basically 25 for shipping.

Will also sell my wrapped Redline 360 DOwnpipe and Frontpipe for 165 shipped! The downpipe is 3” for the 90 degree off the turbid down to 2.5” all the way through bolts up perfectly.

Will do a resonator delete to have some of the sound I got used to and will be pulling the little glass pack off when I pull the downpipe and resonator. I have a 5 ft length if stainless pipe to replace that all.

Kinda looking forward to just driving it, keeping it clean, getting best MPG I can and keeping it super clean all the time and tweaking the bass and stereo in the apring next year!

OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Downpipe, Cobra, Hasport all out and for sale. Trying local first as don't want to ship but I'm sure after a few flakes will put on here:)

Wheels arrived today:):):) 18x9 looks so damn good, in my car but not getting mounted till tomorrow after a doctors appointment and choosing the media blaster for my BBS's at this time and getting quotes to powdercoat. As they are cut for our centerbore, once completed I will probably put them on eBay to get a larger market but we will see. They will be Perfect when I let them go - saw a set sell for 1600 in same specs on ebay the other day:)

I am hoping for 1200 when I sell them, but time will tell!

I can say when I cranked the car this morning I almost re-cranked it due to the stock downpipe and frontpipe being back on along with the window welded stock mount, car was extremely quiet! Since I have the 12" glasspack in front of the resonator I will do the resonator delete and glasspack delete to give it a little more tone but doubt it will ever go catless again.

OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Why the part out?
My Si was purchased as a commuter - 38k miles in 12 months. I now have designated drag car so putting car back to gas miser status. Selling parts to be able to afford some dyno time as well as a wideband setup as I’m not good with carbs. After one dyno session will just get best out of what I have with the old Notchback! Eventually it will go Fast EFI and 6 speed swap but that’s way down the road, Huge Single turbo or twins is even further down the road and will weigh Coyote swap or Dart block at that time, cost would be relatively close and with the Fast EFI setup at that time the Dart will hold 1500 hp easily, coyote is done around 750... Si is fun with the eibachs, wheels, and tuner. That’s all it needs and focusing mods on track car!

Real reason is my wife won't let me have two toy's, and I need a reliable ride that I don't have to dump money in - Once the clutch goes I will do Clutch/Flywheel and ethanol at that time but that's pretty much it except for a detailed out Stereo upgrade sometime next year. I will still take to track and autocross occasionally but not all that much. If I get a job change honestly I will sell and get a truck as only reason I don't have one now is my commute! I miss having a 4wd!

Last edited:
OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Konig's are on - when these tires wear out will definatley be going larger, I'm not a fan of stretch look, we will see if i can make it through the life of the tires lol.

Probalby 245/40 or 255/40 will go on at that time.

18x9 ET38 on 225/40/18

Car is dirty and it's rainy out so no good pics but you get what you see right now:) I think it will grow on me but do prefer the Copper I just removed right now, will go with Chrome lugs and chrome valve stem covers later down the road but this is Great for now:) The lugs and valve stems will tie in the Chrome above the windows once I get all the black vinyl removed:)

Fitment on the wheels is perfectly flush - and I'm off the spacers now as well:)

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_5750.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_5751.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_5753.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_5754.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_5755.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_5756.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_5757.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_5758.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_5759.JPG

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks great man. Also I agree on the stretch... I am not a fan of the stretch on my setup... but I just couldnt let new tires go to waste lol

OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah - sucks - but the tires have maybe 5k on them so will get new ones in a year or so DONE messing with wheels and tires for a while!

Well - till I get the BBS's redone and sold, and then that money will go towards 5 lug swap, Cobra front brake swap and rear disk for the Foxbody which leads to more wheels...
Sponsored