bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid Pearl, 1983 Foxbody 4 eye Notchback
Country flag
Lugnuts are on, plugs tonight or this weekend although heading camping his weekend through mid week next week so may be next weekend.

Got my Track rims now as well:

Now tell me this shit ain't funny...

I looked for one of 3 different rims for my car (Rota 3 different styles, BBS RK, and MB Battles), none popped up when i had the cash and bought the RK's a few months back to refinish. Well from selling my stock rims I had not deposited the money yet and now I have two full sets the BBS RK's in Copper, and now Rota SDX in Gold...

Rota SDX in 17x7.5 size weigh in at 16.2 lbs and have new tires - I won't say what I paid as eventually I may resell them, but it was enough that I'm kicking myself for puttin this much work in the BBS's.

So will be mounting these up - taking the 18" BBS off and redoing them ONE at at time with Blasting so that when they are repainted this time, they will be perfect and won't be rushed. When that is done, I will have the BBS as my daily rims with the new tires I just put on, and the 17" rotas will get some 200 series rubber on them for Autocross and road course work:) So expect the Rota's to go on sometime next week, the one down size is they have a 215/45/17 tire on them which knocks my rpms down a bit so I'll be over 3k running 79 mph which may make me take a hit on mpg - so I may just start driving slower in the interest of MPG till I get the BBS back on.

FYI, these Rota's will probably end up with a 245/45 or a 255/40 when I put track tires on them:)

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build image1

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build image2

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build image3

OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Rota's are on - BBS are in garage, will be buying a new Air Compressor and renting a blaster setup to get the BBS's down, also decided I will drill the center bore out even futher to 73 so can run hubcentric drop down to 64.1 as not 100% happy with the fitment at this point, will be spending some time on the BBS's again, but they will ultimately be my dailys:)

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4295.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4296.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4219.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4295.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4297.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4298.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4299.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4301.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4302.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4304.JPG

OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OH, weather allowing will be hitting up Orlando Speedworld on Sept 29th for some passes:) Can't wait alot done to the car since the last trip out -and also these tires on the rota's, even as cheap as they are definitely grip better than the stock All-Seasons - will be removing CDV valve this upcoming weekend as well I hope to assist with the launches as well:) Hoping for good air as last time i went - it was hot as balls!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shadowfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport manual
Country flag
I think the wheels look great on the car. Do you think the smaller tires will affect traction at the track? Will you do a stainless steel clutch line when you do the CDV delete? I wish I had. I'm not looking forward to bleeding that again.

OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think the wheels look great on the car. Do you think the smaller tires will affect traction at the track? Will you do a stainless steel clutch line when you do the CDV delete? I wish I had. I'm not looking forward to bleeding that again.

I will be running the 17's as they are stickier than my old stocks were even at 215 opposed to the 235's... additionally they are cheap so don't mind playing more with them on;-) I will air down and we will see if the 215 series will get it done but time will tell I guess:) From launches since I put them on it feels like it grips better and I KNOW they are better in the corners than the stock ones were!

I have been back and forth on the clutch line when I do CDV delete but I think i'm going to order it today from somewhere that can get it to me this weekend... So going to go look for that right now;-) I'm also over 31k now so probably do a full brake refresh/refill as well - UGH not looking forward to that...

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I will be running the 17's as they are stickier than my old stocks were even at 215 opposed to the 235's... additionally they are cheap so don't mind playing more with them on;-) I will air down and we will see if the 215 series will get it done but time will tell I guess:) From launches since I put them on it feels like it grips better and I KNOW they are better in the corners than the stock ones were!

I have been back and forth on the clutch line when I do CDV delete but I think i'm going to order it today from somewhere that can get it to me this weekend... So going to go look for that right now;-) I'm also over 31k now so probably do a full brake refresh/refill as well - UGH not looking forward to that...
Eman sells modified Type R slave cylinders for the Si I believe, going to be buying one from him myself after my recent clutch job.

Edit: Scratch that, he sells the CMC and not the slave

OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well - have track time on Saturday so went ahead and changed my plugs and went through all my tunes on my ktuner to have them set up and I'm going to run the TSP Stage 1 for the PRL Race MAF the next few days so there is no learning while at the track. Well put the new plugs in and noticed that despite my searching - they are a different part number than what was inside the car:

NGK 95660 ILZKAR8J8SY Laser Iridium Plug is what was in the Car - everything I found on here stated that https://www.ebay.com/itm/4pc-new-Sp...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
was the plug we had. Oh well no loss, my dumbass did NOT check the gap as they are typically pre-gapped. Also wanted to add these are Not 14mm socket to remove - it will work but belive it or not - I didn't at first it's a 9/16th socket to remove with no movement, I have both with the spark plug rubber in the end for removal:) Was surprised, first Non-metric anything I have had on a honda in a long ass time:)

WRONG.

The original Si plugs are set to .027-.029 - these were set to .032-.035 - let me just say that under normal driving it was perfectly fine, but as soon as I put around 15 miles on the car I put the sport mode in and defeated traction control as I haven't driven with the tune in for a few weeks... CAn I say Spark Blowout....

Will be taking the plugs out and gapping them tonight, will also clean the originals and get them ready to throw back in if necessary and will keep them in the car as well as some other items... I will say these plugs are the same - looked at every spec only difference is stock gapping! These were 34.99 shipped, ours run cheapest for around 70 shipped, you make the call:) I will change mine around every 30k as I drive hard during track times, easy ther est of the time.

So - REGARDLESS of what you see - always check your gap as once you throw boost into the mix - spark blowout is REAL! IT was fine up to around 21 psi, anything above that was frightening, thought it was knock at first...

Last edited:
OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thnking about going with Black on the Rota's - the Gold is Too bright, the copper I have on the BBS is perfect, but the Gold makes it feel like a teenager car - just a black plastidip that i can remove, and will put my Bronze back on the BBS's after refinishing them again - what are the thoughts on that?

Could even go anthracite as I have some dip in that color from my 4Runner previously...

I'm pushing 40, the gold rims are too "teenagerish" for me lol. Also a fairly successful guy - wife has me a bit insecure about the full on gold...

SleepyFC1

The Minister of Truth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nothing douchier than the "look at me with $3,500 CASH, BRO' picture...
Was 4500 and that’s the point of the pic lol. Did you not notice the eyebrow and smartass look. I guess we found something “douchier” someone that goes on a lighthearted post and gets offended enough to say something lol, you have taken “douch” award for my build thread!

Have a pic floating around somewhere with 1.5mill as well, sure you would loose your mind over that one. I also like long walks on the beach and blowjobs, those offend you as well?

OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
LMAO - the replacement NGK Iridium plugs were gapped at .038 - hence the spark blowout under heavy boost. I gapped them to .027/28 and am looking forward to the test drive in a bit:)

Just FYI the Si is gapped at .027-.029 if running the same plugs in a non Si they are gapped at .032-.034 range, something I thought was interesting and points to the compression and higher boost abilities of the Si:)

OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
With new plugs properly gapped runs like a raped ape, idle is better as well! Can't wait for track time Saturday - supposedly no rain predicted till Tuesday as well! Hoping for some cooler air - currently 95 here now!

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was 4500 and that’s the point of the pic lol. Did you not notice the eyebrow and smartass look. I guess we found something “douchier” someone that goes on a lighthearted post and gets offended enough to say something lol, you have taken “douch” award for my build thread!

Have a pic floating around somewhere with 1.5mill as well, sure you would loose your mind over that one. I also like long walks on the beach and blowjobs, those offend you as well?
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
:( Track is off for tomorrow night:( Bummed - will get there as soon as possible and super bummed about this one - next weekend will be a tossup - go to track or watch McGregor fight... Leaning towards track honeslty but have buddies coming from out of town this weekend meeting at track and now i'm bailing:(
Sponsored