bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid Pearl, 1983 Foxbody 4 eye Notchback
Country flag
Updated first post but have PRL Cobra Race sitting on desk here at work as well as Acuity shifter cable bushings, installed a Boomba Black weighted shift knob and by far the best weight and finish of all of them I have had, also doesn't get hot it's actually WAY cooler than my stock Steering wheel in Florida Sun!

I picked up the TSP Stage 1 a few weeks back as well and love it, then ordered the Cobra Race and they sent me the updated MAP which is Amazing! Can't wait to hit up track again soon! I should have most items installed tonight, but can't pull into garage so may end up being this weekend unfortunately.

And some random pic's lol because who doesn't love pictures:)

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_3327.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_3326.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_3318.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_3314.JPG

OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Power and performance, Injen my short term fuel trims were WAY off even worse than when I put the MAPerformance Intake on. The Injen sounded great and when I sold it I bought the K-tuner from the money from the sell which is a WAY better first mod!

OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh some other pic's including the hood vents that I bought and will be installing soon!!!!!!!!!!!!! Think I'm going to just go with the two towards the center to begin with, will be removing the spray foam from the inside of the fenders as well, it has brought my temps up and I didn't realize till it got hot! I think with that and the vents in the hood it will bring it way down, if not will do a turbo blanket and open up the front a bit more... I will probably remove and sell the leaf covers as well if the air doesn't go down enough after removal of the foam, and the vents being added. It's hot here in Florida and Man does heat REALLY kill our power, pulls SOOOOO much timing! REmoved the top strip of vinyl in the front as well as it was too much, and happy with the strip tieing in the grill to the bottom!

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build GFZU4679.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_3557.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_3556.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_3555.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_3554.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_3552.JPG

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Did you switch from the PRL Street to the PRL Race? If so, how big was the change?

OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No, have ran my stock modified Airbox - which I will be selling soon, Injen CAI, MAPerformance intake, and about to put on the PRL Cobra Race tonight or this weekend along with the TSP tune for it. I have never ran PRL before

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Awesome. I'm thinking about switching to the Race MAF. If you wouldn't mind, would you let me know what your LTFT's look like?

OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Awesome. I'm thinking about switching to the Race MAF. If you wouldn't mind, would you let me know what your LTFT's look like?
sure will, it will be a few days didn’t get to work on anything tonight and have dinner plans after work tomorrow night!

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Enjoying the thread. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Power and performance, Injen my short term fuel trims were WAY off even worse than when I put the MAPerformance Intake on. The Injen sounded great and when I sold it I bought the K-tuner from the money from the sell which is a WAY better first mod!
I agree, my fuel trims are not to my liking. I'm in the midst of switching over to the PRL CAI with a race MAF too. I'm using Hondata though so hopefully their Race MAF map will smooth everything out.

OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Updated first post - have the PRL Cobra Race MAF on, put in Husky liners, tires arrived for the BBS's today should be mounted by next week but will not paint the rims until after I have tires on and have a little more prep work to do - I decided to take ALL the paint off of them as can be seen progress below - and I'm going with this setup for the vents soon:) I also went down to 225/40/18's as the BBS's are only 7.5 instead of 8" width and they will primarily be my daily driver rims - the track rims and tires will be next hoping for another set of 16 or 17" rims for slicks and a separate set of lightweight rims for autocross and road race with an 8" or 9" width and lower weight as well as stepping down to 17" for those dedicated track rims.

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_3995.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_3934.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_3933.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_3899.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_3885.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_3884.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_3882.JPG

OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
UPdating the rims and tires situation - I will NEVER not pay for blasting on Rims/Wheels again.

I always forget I'm OCD bout this stuff and I have easily spent 50 bucks on solvents and tools/items to get these stripped and not ot mention easily 8-10 hours due to my perfectionism on things like this...

I should have known as did this in the past on my BMW refinishes as I have always had a thing for stock name brand rims and refinish. first set on BMW did the same ting, second set I paid the local powdercoater to blast and I have seen the error of my ways yet again...

Anyway - the prep work is at 95% now and I will spend time on them tonight with more sanding, remaining paint removal, and then will take outside and wash and TSP them then let them set overnight, tomorrow morning early will open up the garage and put my filler primer on them and this weekend I have time scheduled to get the tires installed. AT this point in time I want to just be done so will probably spend a few hours in the morning priming them, and painting them, undecided if I will clear them before or after tire install, but I am thinking/leaning towards clearing them as well, then rolling down to the tire shop with the windows open and letting some fresh air sit on them for a while but am scared about all the work getting messed up....

Wish me luck - and here are the last pics i took of the rims, as stated all paint will be removed tonight, 3 of the rims have all paint removed, one has a little bit remaining, all are prepped and if I wasn't OCD they are ready for cleaning, TSP, and primer but I am OCD.... FYI, got offered 1200 for the rims on completion - it's honestly hard at this point to not take that lol...

Car will get a thorough cleaning, wax, in-channel ventvisors installed and will be going with the full gloss black Vinyl around the windows as well this weekend, If i'm really froggy will remove the front seats and do the Butyl and Foam in the exposed portions under the seats but undecided on that ATT as have alot of homework and want to spend some time with the kids as back for the Second Masters and CyberSecurity is Homework and Lab intensive... Can't wait to see the rims on the car and will slow down considerably after this due ot work/school/kids and paying off all the interest free purchases I made since March. Once those are all paid for, I will do Clutch, Flywheel, Clutch line, CDV delete, complete fluid change, and Ethanol sensor all at the same time, but will be surprised if that happens this year will probably be January at the earliest...

I will say there is a slight coolness to the air finally in Florida, so in about 3 weeks to a month my goal will switch to maxing out what I can at the 1/4 mile throughout the winter and once the tires on on will be trying to make at least one or two Autocross events as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't even want to go on the stock all seasons, but the little Z Rated 225's I hope will help a bit, anyway, OUT for now!

First pic is the one that I have some more paint to remove...

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4040.JPG

These 2 are good to go, as well as one other one, will go over with fine tooth comb tonight though to be certain and hopefully get some Primer on them!!!!!!!!!!!
Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4041.JPG

OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well, Wheels complete - NOT HAPPY but will continue to rock them the paint came out perfectly, however the prep wasn't as good as I had hoped, can see a ton of imperfections through the paint, Oh well will rock them for now as sold my Stockers, and these new tires are so light and stick so much better, can't wait for track time:)

Friday night was a late one finished the prep as much as I could but was limited by time, then primed the wheels with filler primer and sanded down, put first coat of copper on and it started raining, i was in garage but the humidity made the remaining finishes tacky, they were still tacky when I got the tires put on and I used a new machine and messed them up as my buddy was unable to do them but he gave me access, so they will be coming off one at a time and I'll do correction and more effort on them going forward, glad I didn't clear them. That night I ALSO did the chrome delete around the windows AND added AVS in-channel vent visors to the doors. Then when finished with that I put in my Mishimoto Catch can and went to sleep around 230:)

Here's some random pics of it all:) CAn't say how great the new rims and tires are as well as the weight loss as I'm still hauling my STock rims and tires in the car as the guy is to pick them up tomorrow so wasn't worth unloading them! Only pics I have without the tires in the rear are the super dirty ones you see when I backed it out of the bay. A bonus was my 20mm Spacers work Perfectly with the 42 offset on the 18x7.5 and couldn't ask for better fitment:)

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4092.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4093.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4095.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4104.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4105.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4109.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4111.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4112.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4114.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4116.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4117.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4118.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4120.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4122.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4124.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4125.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4129.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4137.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4139.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4142.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4144.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4163.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4164.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4166.JPG

OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Lugnuts just came in, and new Plugs - Hit 30k miles this morning and my plugs looked back when I pulled them from all the different tunes I have ran and I believe I got a tank or two of bad gas along the way as well!

Anyway, very happy to report since fueling up yesterday with Marathon 93 which is my preferred I have registered 39.7 mpg over the course of around 180 miles of primarily highway but easily 30 miles of city on the new lighter rims and tires:) That is still running cruise at 79-80 mph, I haven't seen that mpg since I went to the PRL Cobra Race setup! That's an improvement so far of 5 mpg from loosing all the weight on the rims and tires;)

This was one of my goals and will do the new plugs and lugnuts ASAP and with the plugs I would not be surprised to see over 40 mpg average:)
Sponsored