Badly damaged my left front rim but the tire is ok, any where I can buy another?

ManofGod1000

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Couple Energy Green
Country flag
I was driving and was distracted (No, not a phone) and hit my left front rim into a short concrete midsection in the road. The actual rim is functional and the tire is completely undamaged. Now, however, I need to buy the one rim to replace it and a quick look at ebay was not promising.

Any ideas? It is the same rim and the Sport model if that helps.
Sponsored

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Best bet is finding a used one on here, Craigslist, or buy a set of 4 from a member or craigslist and keep the other three rims as spares. Don’t go to Honda direct because if you do, you’ll be paying the same price for one rim that you could get 4 used ones here. Sometimes they go for dirt cheap on here and they’re like new.

Best of luck!

'19Sport6Man

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport, 2013 Mazda MX-5 Grand Touring
Country flag
Pics?

Is it just road rash?

Might be repairable.

Search "alloy wheel repair" in your area.

I have used shops that repair alloy wheels for about $100-120 per rim, cleaning up the road rash and refinishing/repainting as needed.

Once had a bent Brabus rim off my MB E63 from hitting a pothole, that they were able to repair (thank god as there is no way I would ever have been able to find a replacement, and it was a $1k apiece rim).

OP
OP

ManofGod1000

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Couple Energy Green
Country flag
Pics?

Is it just road rash?

Might be repairable.

I have used shops that repair alloy wheels for about $100-120 per rim, cleaning up the road rash and refinishing/repainting as needed.

Once had a bent Brabus rim off my MB E63 from hitting a pothole, that they were able to repair (thank god as there is no way I would ever have been able to find a replacement, and it was a $1k apiece rim).
The impact did some damage that probably is not repairable. I will post a pic a little later, thanks.

Edit: Here is the picture.

Honda Civic 10th gen Badly damaged my left front rim but the tire is ok, any where I can buy another? 20200919_185157

Last edited:

Habanero

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX. 2012 G25
Country flag
Pics?

Is it just road rash?

Might be repairable.

There are tutorials on YouTube on how to do it yourself but they always end with it being painted - but his damage and mine is on the bare metal so not sure how that is pulled off.

Habanero

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX. 2012 G25
Country flag
Best bet is finding a used one on here, Craigslist, or buy a set of 4 from a member or craigslist and keep the other three rims as spares. Don’t go to Honda direct because if you do, you’ll be paying the same price for one rim that you could get 4 used ones here. Sometimes they go for dirt cheap on here and they’re like new.

Best of luck!
I was shopping for wheels from when I got my car in January and decided on a set 6 months later and that was not my experience at at all- at least when it came to the NEW civic wheels. I maybe saw a set of those twice in all that period and they wanted top dollar- way more than the tire rack set I decided on.

'19Sport6Man

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport, 2013 Mazda MX-5 Grand Touring
Country flag
Ouch that looks pretty bad.

BUT - pretty sure I have had worse damage repaired.

(my wife is brutal when it comes to curbing my wheels, so I have plenty of experience getting them repaired)

Worth looking into, for sure.

Also, if you invest a LOT into a new wheel, you might end up just curbing it again in a week or a month......

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Post a WTB thread here. Keep an eye on eBay. 10th Gen Civic specific Facebook groups are a good option. You can get a full set for ~$600 pretty easily from what I have seen. You can probably get a single for $200 or so.

SDSport6MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6mt
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The impact did some damage that probably is not repairable. I will post a pic a little later, thanks.

Edit: Here is the picture.

20200919_185157.jpg
Oh that’s nothing take some sandpaper to it if it bothers you. Those wheels are pretty bullet proof.