DadBodMod17

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic 4dr Si.
Country flag
‘19 Si here with ~42k on it. No issues other than warped front rotors at about 32k and now noticing clutch slip with the Phearable 1.5R tune and some bolt-ons. ‘Twas expected… RV6 Retro and Stage 0 is in order for install in June-ish.
Sponsored

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Consumer Reports-LMAO! Learned not to trust their bogus info years ago.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
OP, I looked at your post history. You've been deciding whether or not to get a 10th gen since 2021??? :oops: o_O

OP
OP

JMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Honda Accord
Country flag
OP, I looked at your post history. You've been deciding whether or not to get a 10th gen since 2021???
Waiting for used car prices to go down and doing my research while still driving my dependable '07 Accord. I didn't like the overpricing of the used car market because of the pandemia and the chips shortage.

Last edited:

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Almost 40k on my ‘21 sport hatch and have had literally zero issues other than tearing my skid plate off and the hyper-sensitive paint. All I have done so far is regular maintenance. It’s a 6MT and still on stock clutch with no signs of it needing replacement.

Well, the head unit tweaks out every now and then, but I can’t fault the car for that.

mrburgerUS

First Name
Nicholai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Si Swap
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
78,000 miles here. The reliability is pretty spectacular on parts I haven’t messed with (built motor). Even beating on it, doing 5-7k oil changes, the body and both engines still test perfect. I have a 6MT Si Transmission. Consumer Reports I think is full of crap, they have a massive bias and claim to be impartial. My mothers lexus RX350F has had some really lame parts break, seals fail, and suspension problems. Anecdotal, but yeah.

Reactions: JMM

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hondas generally hold their value. If you're expecting a huge drop in used car prices, its probably not gonna happen anytime soon or its going to be very minimal as demand is still high. Also, don't look at car sites like Shift, Carvana and CarMax if you want a lower price, they overcharge and you can't negotiate a lower price.

Sadé Smoove

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
2020 Si Owner here. I have 27,000 miles on it.

I bought it in Sept 2021 from Carmax. It lasted 1,000 miles before the clutch went. Carmax replaced it (with a stock clutch).

Then I threw on an intake, down pipe, front pipe, intercooler with piping, sway bars, and a tune. The clutch lasted until 26,300 miles and blew up. I read sevral posts and watched videos from performance garages and the consensus appears that the stock clutches will start to go with the tiniest bit of torque.

The only issue I had so far were leaky wheel bearings which I had done when I replaced my clutch with the ACT Street Kit with SMF.

I noticed the A/C was rated poorly. While it works, it does take a bit for the car to cool down on warm days. I am sure the all black interior does not help things.

Beyond the clutch and wheel bearings, no problems yet.
Did the leaky wheel bearings make a certain sound? I'm wondering if what I'm hearing in my car is just that

Sadé Smoove

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
i got one of the unicorn clutches! 76k miles on my 2020 and it still holds stage 1+ in MAP 3. but only over like 4k rpms. if i build more rhan like 12lbs of boost under 4k, itll slip a bit. but morale of the story is, its lasted this long!
Same here. Bought the car used at 46,000. Fbo/ Tuned it shortly after and I now have 62,000 all on the first (i presume stock clutch. I only daily drive it on map 1 21psi... Yeah 5th gear likes to disappear on me sometimes above 5K lol

Longislandcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 hatchback
Country flag
My civics been fairly reliable l, but luckily I have honda care. Front bearing and brake booster went out way too early. Had some honda sensing issues and other small annoyances. Oh yeah and busted ac.

Pauleo1214

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si, 1974 MB 450SE, 1982 MB 300TD
Country flag
Did the leaky wheel bearings make a certain sound? I'm wondering if what I'm hearing in my car is just that
I had a squeaking sound that occurred almost every time I turned my car left. Occasionally it would disappear and then the sound would appear again. I thought it was my brake rotors; an inspection at my mechanic revealed it was the bearings.

Zavage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6, FC1, Accord CU1
Country flag
2018 Civic Executive aka Touring with Honda sensing, so every options.

50k and replaced ac condensor twice. Clutch is still fine and no problems so far.
Stock engine.