Bad Noise

Julio-Junny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback 2017 EX 1.5T
Country flag
I have this bad noise on Stop or Low Rev... On Hogh Rev it dosen’t crackle, Normal PSI, Normal Knock on .49, no check engine lite and no power lose. Jusy wanted to ask for opinions and if someone had the same sound or issue!

OhMyItsKev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you talking about the sound that sounds like something is knocking on something?

IIRC it's what direct injection engines just sound like on idle... Not sure though.

Also people will point out to get rid of that Injen intake. I personally had one and it caused issues.

skottharrison

First Name
Skott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan, 2021 Subaru Crosstrek
Country flag
I have this bad noise on Stop or Low Rev... On Hogh Rev it dosen’t crackle, Normal PSI, Normal Knock on .49, no check engine lite and no power lose. Jusy wanted to ask for opinions and if someone had the same sound or issue!
To me, DI sounds like clicking, this is more of a clacking, like valve chatter. A valve lash adjustment may be in order. Do you recall if anything happened to the motor recently, and did this gradually get worse or just show up one day?
How many miles on your vehicle and are there any other mods besides the intake?

OP
OP

Julio-Junny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Are you talking about the sound that sounds like something is knocking on something?

IIRC it's what direct injection engines just sound like on idle... Not sure though.

Also people will point out to get rid of that Injen intake. I personally had one and it caused issues.
Yes, that hard knocking sound

OP
OP

Julio-Junny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
To me, DI sounds like clicking, this is more of a clacking, like valve chatter. A valve lash adjustment may be in order. Do you recall if anything happened to the motor recently, and did this gradually get worse or just show up one day?
How many miles on your vehicle and are there any other mods besides the intake?
Yes it just happen when I stopped the car, never had that noise, its milles are 33,000.
I haver, Intercooler and intercooler piping, front and downpipe with costume exhust! Never has that nosie, just recently as yesterday and when i stopped the car in a parking.

when its on high rev the sound desappears and crackles again like than when stop and low rev

skottharrison

First Name
Skott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan, 2021 Subaru Crosstrek
Country flag
Yes it just happen when I stopped the car, never had that noise, its milles are 33,000.
I haver, Intercooler and intercooler piping, front and downpipe with costume exhust! Never has that nosie, just recently as yesterday and when i stopped the car in a parking.

when its on high rev the sound desappears and crackles again like than when stop and low rev
I want to say a valve fastener (screw) may be coming loose. I'm not 100% sure how much a valve adjustment costs at Honda, I paid $125 years ago on a 4cyl S2000, but the L15 is a little more involved, and normally the car needs to be bone cold to do the valve adjustment so it may be out for a day.
It's possible to do it yourself, it's not that hard, I've done it on my previous cars but I can't comment on how easy (or hard) it is on the L15.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I understand that the noise goes away at higher revs. But until it goes away; does the rate of the clicking/knocking increase with the RPMs? If so... I'd peek around the belt area. If not; I'd look for something loose with your aftermarket parts.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Looks like valve lash. you need to adjust it. If you can DIY open valve cover and adjust it using feeler gauges. you can check service manual in the forum
Sponsored