Bad gas?(!) Every idiot light imaginable is lit. Car driving fine. What's the issue?

AmyChris13

First Name
Amy and Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic sport coupe
Country flag
Greetings! We installed our v1.2 back in September, and have had zero issues. We've run 93 pump gas exclusively since the upload.
Last Friday, before Amy was to drive to Boston, I put a half tank of Sunoco 91 in- about a half tank. No issues on the trip home, or for Amy after she departed. Her first issue began at a rest stop she paused at en route. About an hour out or so. Upon restart (warm engine), every imaginable warning and light appeared. The lane assist and other items are disabled, as well as the cruise control.
The trip was fine otherwise. I checked fluid levels before and after the trip, and everything is the same. I drove the car out on the local highway at reasonable commute speeds and (I hope) datalogged the entire trip. Nothing appeared out of the ordinary, nor was my drive any different than normal. I checked during the trip for error codes. All sensors were green light- although I did at one point see the engine running lean.

Wondering if y'all can offer any advice? I'm honestly not sure if I even logged it right. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Crowe

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I've had a bunch of lights pop up from a battery going bad, although at that point it went so bad that I was unable to start it. Had to get a jump and make the rest of the drive home without shutting it off. If everything appears to be running fine, it may be worth getting a battery test done.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Are warning lights still on? If not then dying battery or a loose battery cable was likely.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
You wouldn't get a Christmas tree of lights from bad gas. It would likely mean elevated knock control and not much else.

The lights could be from a myriad of things; sometimes it's just a glitch and they will go off after a few drive cycles.

Did you get a CEL?

OP
OP
AmyChris13

AmyChris13

First Name
Amy and Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just got home- so I’m going to check for codes. Not sure what a CEL is gtman. Gimme a few moments to grab this code.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
This has happened to a lot of people with 10th gens. There is no common denominator as to why it happens. Mine went away on its own with no intervention.

OP
OP
AmyChris13

AmyChris13

First Name
Amy and Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Lmao gtman... figured it out as I was grabbing the laptop and headed for the garage. Yes, the CEL was on.
Guess what? As predicted here, the issue is completely resolved. A drive to the grocery store, then home... just plugged in and started her- no codes anymore.
thanks Honda!

Thank you ALL sincerely for the advice. It appears resolved for now.