Backup Camera Problem?

mike_b_sfo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-T
Hello all. I've had my EX-T for 3 days now and I came from a car with a very accurate back-up camera. I used my Civic's just as I would my old car, and I almost backed into another vehicle. It looks as if my camera is not parallel to the ground and it's throwing me off. I've searched other threads and found various posts about similar issues, but adjusting the guide lines doesn't seem like it will fix the problem. Do you see the same tilt in your backup camera that I see in mine? Am I just hyper critical or does this seem off?

Honda Civic 10th gen Backup Camera Problem? 20160923_112056_zpssobagpye
Sponsored

OP
OP

mike_b_sfo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-T
Good point. I'm using the fence and concrete block as a reference and I'm parked on a flat surface. It's all 3 from what I can tell, but at some point I'll go double check just to be sure.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Stupid question - but is your camera physically tilted? Maybe it was installed incorrectly, and a slight angle would look dramatically worse on the head unit.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
^He might be right.

The top yellow guideline seems to be paralell to the top edge of the screen, so it's not actually the guidelines, it's the actual video feed.

In any case, if you don't want to deal with it yourself, and if it is truly crooked, that's a pretty clear cut warranty fix.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
^He might be right.

The top yellow guideline seems to be paralell to the top edge of the screen, so it's not actually the guidelines, it's the actual video feed.

In any case, if you don't want to deal with it yourself, and if it is truly crooked, that's a pretty clear cut warranty fix.
Yep! And we've all seen our fair share of warranty-worthy issues here...this would definitely qualify. I wouldn't just twist my camera to make the guidance lines flatten out...

OP
OP

mike_b_sfo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-T
Welp, I went out and checked and one side of the camera housing was popped out of the trunk. I applied a very light touch and it popped back in. I'll keep an eye on it every time I close the trunk and if it continues to shift, I'll bring it to the shop. Thanks!

Honda Civic 10th gen Backup Camera Problem? 20160923_201004_zpsa58e8kmi
Sponsored