Backup Camera lines slightly off??

Garagegoblin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
Country flag
I traded in my Tacoma for this car, and I was always able to perfectly park my truck backing in. I turned off the dynamic lines feature, because they seemed to frustrate me. But has anyone else felt like the lines are not accurate? I am not sure, maybe I just need more time to get used to it. Looking for other's opinions and thoughts. I am wondering if these are even adjustable at all. Let me know what you think.
Sponsored

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
You might review p468 in the Owner's Manual. It lists what distances the guidelines indicate.

OP
OP
Garagegoblin

Garagegoblin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
Country flag
I will check that out, thanks. The issue to me, seems it doesn't feel or seem centered correctly.

OP
OP
Garagegoblin

Garagegoblin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
Country flag
I am planning to find an empty parking lot and do a few checks against the painted lines to the lines on the camera. Maybe I am just crazy or my head is tilted wrong. :)

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
... or my head is tilted wrong. :)
Not sure about adjusting the guidelines but I can help with the tilting head! Procedure: You have to be outside and looking off towards the distant horizon, stand on one leg, put both arms out straight and level on each side of your body. Here comes the tricky part: you have to bob up and down at least six inches (150mm if in Canada) five times and bending at the knee while observing the horizon. It's critical that you keep your upper body plumb. If you fall over then yes, you're tilting you head too much. Incidentally, this is the same procedure Grampa taught me to make sure our outhouses were built level. :)

t3hub3rk1tten

Threads
Reaction score
Website
mwe.st
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring MSM
Dealer can recalibrate the guidelines if you feel they're off. There of course is the possibility of the dealer not doing it right.

Why did you turn off the dynamic guidelines? I love them. Still getting used to reversing into spots perfectly, but I think that's just my error.

nicoled985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan
Country flag
Lines are a little off on this car. I had 2015 civic and the lines were spot on

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
The camera is offset to the left in the 10th gen where it was dead center on the 9th gen. Assuming Honda kept the guidlines and software the same, yea, it's off a little.

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There's this wonderful thing between your head and shoulders that pivots....

Just funnin'. Takes a little to get use to the new angle compared to previous gen, but it's not bad. I don't even notice it myself.

mixedupfiles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
A generous youtube poster detailed how to adjust / calibrate the guidelines for his HR-V here:

On my 2016 Civic EX, the procedure was almost identical to what he demonstrated except that (1) the Civic's service menu is accessed by holding AUDIO+MENU+DAY/NIGHT together for a few seconds, and (2) The menu button is the soft menu button on the infotainment unit itself, and NOT on the steering wheel.

Obviously, any and all disclaimers about accessing the service menu should apply.

Last edited:

jcadams5

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX, 2012 CR-V EX
Country flag
A generous youtube poster detailed how to adjust / calibrate the guidelines for his HR-V here:

On my 2016 Civic EX, the procedure was almost identical to what he demonstrated except that (1) the Civic's service menu is accessed by holding AUDIO+MENU+DAY/NIGHT together for a few seconds, and (2) The menu button is the soft menu button on the infotainment unit itself, and NOT on the steering wheel.

Obviously, any and all disclaimers about accessing the service menu should apply.

Does anyone know the procedure for getting into this menu on the LX without the touchscreen. My guide lines are off about 8 to 10 inches to the left. I would love to adjust them but can not get into the menu using any combination that I have read worked in previous gen civics, or other Hondas. My Wife has a 2012 CR-V and it has what looks to be the same infotainment system from the user interface perspective, and I can get to her menu just fine to adjust hers. I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks
Sponsored