rallyered225

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
Anyone else hearing there's a 3 month backorder on OEM parts for Honda? Someone hit my car on the way to a funeral and the repair facility is telling me this is a nationwide backorder for parts to repair it.
Sponsored

booost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Anyone else hearing there's a 3 month backorder on OEM parts for Honda? Someone hit my car on the way to a funeral and the repair facility is telling me this is a nationwide backorder for parts to repair it.
It depends on what it is. A lot of dealers stock different things. If you need the part now, try contacting another dealer and see if they have it in-stock.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
What parts? I got rear ended the other week and am going through the insurance process. Not looking forward to a potentially long wait...

OP
OP
rallyered225

rallyered225

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
What parts? I got rear ended the other week and am going through the insurance process. Not looking forward to a potentially long wait...
Front bumper, hood, headlight, etc.

OP
OP
rallyered225

rallyered225

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
It depends on what it is. A lot of dealers stock different things. If you need the part now, try contacting another dealer and see if they have it in-stock.
That's the thing, this isn't a dealer, this is coming from the repair facility telling me Honda is quoting a 3 month wait.

booost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
That's the thing, this isn't a dealer, this is coming from the repair facility telling me Honda is quoting a 3 month wait.
I'm saying the repair shop is probably using a dealer they have a connect with. Reaching out to another dealer and checking their stock may help expedite.

OP
OP
rallyered225

rallyered225

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
I'm saying the repair shop is probably using a dealer they have a connect with. Reaching out to another dealer and checking their stock may help expedite.
I'll try that and see. Thanks.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Seems that for the most part it is not dealer specific, but internationally. Others have posted on the forums complaining of 6+ months waits.

Never hurts to call around to see who might have stock, but don't get your hopes up.

Tonycivicboi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
Kind of unrelated but when you guys order parts of the dealership, is it completely new?

i bought some bolts for my rear motor mount and the bolts were all scratched up

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Kind of unrelated but when you guys order parts of the dealership, is it completely new?

i bought some bolts for my rear motor mount and the bolts were all scratched up
Yes, they should be new.

Bolts should be new too. Depending on what you mean, surface scratches are fine. They result from the manufacturing and shipping. They should not have wrench marks, thread deformation, or head rounding. Take a look at the bulk bolts you find at a home improvement store, similar types of marks are fine.

OP
OP
rallyered225

rallyered225

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
Seems that for the most part it is not dealer specific, but internationally. Others have posted on the forums complaining of 6+ months waits.

Never hurts to call around to see who might have stock, but don't get your hopes up.
That's what I assumed they meant when they said from Honda. Thanks for the reply.
Sponsored