Back Up Camera Went Black & White

rushhd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2016 Honda CR-V Special Edition
Country flag
So about 5 days after I purchased my Touring, the backup camera turned black and white. I called my salesperson and he said to check the settings, but it wouldn't make any sense for a backup camera to have an option for black and white (this isn't Instagram). He later said that he checked it out too on a car at the dealer and there is no such setting.

I took it to the dealer today and they looked it up in their system, apparently there are issues with the backup camera across this generation of Civics. I set an appointment to get mine replaced, but just wanted to share that experience with everyone and give my fellow 10th gen Civic owners a heads up!
Sponsored

Revver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Subaru Legacy SE Sedan
So about 5 days after I purchased my Touring, the backup camera turned black and white. I called my salesperson and he said to check the settings, but it wouldn't make any sense for a backup camera to have an option for black and white (this isn't Instagram). He later said that he checked it out too on a car at the dealer and there is no such setting.

I took it to the dealer today and they looked it up in their system, apparently there are issues with the backup camera across this generation of Civics. I set an appointment to get mine replaced, but just wanted to share that experience with everyone and give my fellow 10th gen Civic owners a heads up!
They actually told the dealers that there are widespread issues with the backup cameras in the Civic X cars? Is there a TSB/recall coming? Also might want to add to this thread so everyone gets a heads up: http://www.civicx.com/threads/any-issues-so-far-fit-finish-panel-alignment-etc.883/
Sponsored