slow_delsol

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I was shopping last spring for a tanabe exhaust for my Del sol. No where in North America had one in stock. They were all made to order with a 4-5 month wait from Japan . I wanted it before summer was over. Everywhere wanted it paid for in full non-refundable before an order was placed with no guaranteed ETA. I actually found the same exhaust I wanted on Amazon but it was out of stock with no ETA. Amazon said they would not charge my credit card until it was back in stock and shipped. They allow you to cancel at any time as long as it was not shipped. 2 months later it arrived.

I refuse to lock my money in on a non-refundable back order part. There is no incentive for the company to produce and ship the part once they have your guaranteed money in hand.
Sponsored

OP
OP
epryor

epryor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 RR CTR, ā€˜16 Audi Q5
Country flag
yeah thats always a good (?) sign lol. what are you waiting for anyways?

that wasnt the case with my diffuser. I saw people who order after me receive it and stuff so i was getting pretty upset.

Currently waiting for Spoon bumpers (the items that prompted this thread) and Eventuri inlet pipe (ordered last week, May/June eta).

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
Currently waiting for Spoon bumpers (the items that prompted this thread) and Eventuri inlet pipe (ordered last week, May/June eta).
Good luck with that ETA, hopefully it's not what I had recently experienced where the ETA kept getting pushed back.. pushing me to just cancel.

OP
OP
epryor

epryor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Good luck with that ETA, hopefully it's not what I had recently experienced where the ETA kept getting pushed back.. pushing me to just cancel.

If youā€™re talking about bumpers, my experience so far is what you mentioned. Ordered June 2020 with an eta of years end.

While production issues and logistics are certainly factors, Iā€™m being told Spoon Japan doesnā€™t give any updates to GoTuning. I have a hard time believing that.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Have 2.5 month wait for my new ce28s which is a bummer.

Considering ordering the whole new jā€™s racing front lip, canard, side bumper stuff. They said 3-4 month wait but I expect that to double easily ?

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If youā€™re talking about bumpers, my experience so far is what you mentioned. Ordered June 2020 with an eta of years end.

While production issues and logistics are certainly factors, Iā€™m being told Spoon Japan doesnā€™t give any updates to GoTuning. I have a hard time believing that.
Yeah that's a bit much for me, especially when communication from some of these companies is next to nil, I just get fed up. It's worse when you pay in full and are left there with an empty hand. Can't stand my money being tied up like that unless it's a shop I'm good friends with.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2-3 month delays are very common in today's market. Seeing a lot of 6 month or so waits as well. A year or more? Yikes!

OP
OP
epryor

epryor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I waited 6 months for Fujitsubo decals. I do put that in a different category as I had very polite and thoughtful emails from them updating me....without prompting them.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I waited 6 months for Fujitsubo decals. I do put that in a different category as I had very polite and thoughtful emails from them updating me....without prompting them.
That's all it takes really, I hate chasing the people I am giving money to, like what.

Sleepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 CW
Country flag
Waiting on Varis hood to arrive I ordered first week of November. It is supposed to ship next month on the 7th. We shall see though...

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I preordered the new 27Won strut bar. They ran into some distribution issues with their materials and kept delaying it a week or two at a time. They eventually just gave up and gave no ETA. I did eventually receive it. I'll likely have it put on next week :p The wait was only like a couple months though.

gMcizzLe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR; 2014 Camaro SS
Country flag
A few weeks for a set of 2020 rear bumper garnish pieces (was quicker than I expected tbh)
A few weeks for a set of AD08R tires
Still waiting for Titan7 center caps (almost a few weeks now)
Still waiting for 27Won strut bar (1.5 months but it's coming in a week)
Waited a month+ for Kics Monolith lugs but luckily found someone selling here :)

But yeah any CTR-specific part from Honda, be prepared to wait at least a few weeks or more.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
A few weeks for a set of 2020 rear bumper garnish pieces (was quicker than I expected tbh)
A few weeks for a set of AD08R tires
Still waiting for Titan7 center caps (almost a few weeks now)
Still waiting for 27Won strut bar (1.5 months but it's coming in a week)
Waited a month+ for Kics Monolith lugs but luckily found someone selling here :)

But yeah any CTR-specific part from Honda, be prepared to wait at least a few weeks or more.
I can't wait to put my strut bar on :p Honda parts in general are really backed up too. I forgot I ordered a steering wheel from them. 6-8 months because some dude named Aaron Shin bought them all :p
Sponsored