Back in the Honda family!

decafjack

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
It's been awhile since I've owned a Honda.. picked up my 2019 Sport Touring on Friday!

I'm coming from a WRX.. and while it's been a blast to drive, my girlfriend and I both experienced bearing failure in our transmissions. I got sick of being worried if I would make it to work or not so I said screw it, time for something quiet, economical, and road trip worthy!

I don't spend too much time on the forums but will be lurking around asking questions here and there as they arise.. looks like a great resource :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Back in the Honda family! IMG_1298
Sponsored

Last edited:

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
It's been awhile since I've had a Honda.. picked up my 2019 Sport Touring on Friday!

I'm coming from a WRX.. and while it's been a blast to drive, my girlfriend and I both experienced bearing failure in our transmissions. I got sick of being worried if I would make it to work or not so I said screw it, time for something quiet, economical, and road trip worthy!

I don't spend too much time on the forums but will be lurking around asking questions here and there as they arise.. looks like a great resource :)

IMG_1298.jpg
Congrats on the sweet ride! You'll be pleased for sure. :headbang:
Did you get a manual or smooth and economical CVT?

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congrats man. I also recently got into a Sonic Grey hatch (mine's an EX, though). I'm loving the color. Enjoy the ride.

Gunnslinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Honda Civic
Welcome back!! I love that color! I should have got that color but I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to match anything except black to it.. haha! Lame I know..

OP
OP
decafjack

decafjack

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Thanks guys! I'm really loving the color, I was actually going for white but the only white one on the lot had beige interior.. That was a no go for me, I would ruin it so fast. The grey pearl looks amazing in the sun.. can't stop lookin at it!

OP
OP
decafjack

decafjack

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
It's the CVT.. as far as I know they don't offer a Sport Touring manual in the states.. I wish they did. It does have paddle shifters though and a "S" mode which I haven't tried yet. Waiting till the odometer ticks over 600 to give it a go! :D

OP
OP
decafjack

decafjack

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Welcome back!! I love that color! I should have got that color but I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to match anything except black to it.. haha! Lame I know..
It does match up so well with black though! I've always been into modifying my cars but It's going to be a bit different with this one.. The only things on my to do list are a modest tint and smoking the side markers. I think it will look so good, I'll be sure to post pics when that happens.

OP
OP
decafjack

decafjack

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
It does match up so well with black though! I've always been into modifying my cars but It's going to be a bit different with this one.. The only things on my to do list are a modest tint and smoking the side markers. I think it will look so good, I'll be sure to post pics when that happens.
... Oh, and LED fog lights! That's also on my list lol. If anyone has any recommendations that'd be awesome.

ER6Zen

First Name
Jimmy Wong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback Touring
Country flag
Nice Civic colour! I recently traded in my 2017 340i for a 2019 Civic Sport Hatchback Touring in Gunmetal. Loving it so far as well!

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
... Oh, and LED fog lights! That's also on my list lol. If anyone has any recommendations that'd be awesome.
Their fogs. Just get whatever you want they all do the same thing. I bought $10 yellow LEDs off eBay. That’s all I’m willing to pay for that mod. Headlights on the other hand you should put some thought into it. I have $43 cougars off amazon but my sister has $25 slvanias that look better or equal to mine. If you want max output the morimoto $100 LEDs are they way to go unless you wanna waste time and money on HID retrofit for a minuscule improvement in light output. You’re call.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag

With oil dilution issue, yes in 2019 too, no economical CVT
CVT is nosy at high speed, MT is less noisy

OP
OP
decafjack

decafjack

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
With oil dilution issue, yes in 2019 too, no economical CVT
CVT is nosy at high speed, MT is less noisy
Mine is completely smooth and silent so far. I think "noisy" is entirely relative. Like I said, I'm coming from a WRX. A car so loud it literally set off car alarms. I'm less concerned with the oil dilution issue, I have a lifetime powertrain warranty for as long as I own the vehicle.

OP
OP
decafjack

decafjack

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Their fogs. Just get whatever you want they all do the same thing. I bought $10 yellow LEDs off eBay. That’s all I’m willing to pay for that mod. Headlights on the other hand you should put some thought into it. I have $43 cougars off amazon but my sister has $25 slvanias that look better or equal to mine. If you want max output the morimoto $100 LEDs are they way to go unless you wanna waste time and money on HID retrofit for a minuscule improvement in light output. You’re call.
Doing a headlight retrofit is the last thing on my mind.. the headlights are actually one of my favorite things about it. Not to say I wont upgrade the bulb(s?) at some point. I'm mainly getting at the fact that they paired halogen fogs with LED headlights. I'd like to have white light output matched between them.

I did a Morimoto Mini H1 projector retrofit on my 96' EX ..turned out great. No need to do anything like that to the Touring though.

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
Doing a headlight retrofit is the last thing on my mind.. the headlights are actually one of my favorite things about it. Not to say I wont upgrade the bulb(s?) at some point. I'm mainly getting at the fact that they paired halogen fogs with LED headlights. I'd like to have white light output matched between them.

I did a Morimoto Mini H1 projector retrofit on my 96' EX ..turned out great. No need to do anything like that to the Touring though.
Then just get their LEDs. Plug and play and nearly equal to their hids
Sponsored