Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm guessing you frequently take the bumper off? Why is that?
Just makes taking bumper off a bit easier so I can get to the splitter on track if needed.
Sponsored

OP
OP
b2point0h

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Went out to Buttonwillow CW13 for Round 5 of Honda Time Attack challenge with a very specific goal in mind. Go faster than previous PB of 1:57.924. The only difference in car setup this time was the tires, old PB was on 265/35 RE71Rs vs 275/35 Falken RT660.

I hit that goal in Session 2. Temps were perfect around 70F, car and tires weren't overheated yet so conditions were ideal. Car performed flawlessly as usual. After reviewing data and video, I believe the optimal time of 1:56.2 is possible with a few adjustments to line and braking zones.

Enjoy the video! I'll post the recap video soon.

OP
OP
b2point0h

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I presume you needed the rear camber arms and toe arms to reach that? Thank you!
While I am running rear camber and toe arms, I don’t think they’re needed to reach these specs. This is just lowered on Swift springs and removed front guide pins.

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
While I am running rear camber and toe arms, I don’t think they’re needed to reach these specs. This is just lowered on Swift springs and removed front guide pins.
Those specs are odd to me as I have -1.9 front camber L&R with only guidepins pulled and set to max negative.

I would have assumed you would have more negative camber than that on the lowering springs...unless you adjusted it to be less negative?!

In any event, I'm glad to see how capable the car is with such minimal negative camber up front!

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Those specs are odd to me as I have -1.9 front camber L&R with only guidepins pulled and set to max negative.

I would have assumed you would have more negative camber than that on the lowering springs...unless you adjusted it to be less negative?!

In any event, I'm glad to see how capable the car is with such minimal negative camber up front!
Im lowered and I still have pretty minimal camber up front. I think a degree if that, but I cant say for certain, I tossed my sheet.

Once my ball joints go in, im going to max that bitch out tho.

OP
OP
b2point0h

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Thanks! Yes this is the max camber allowed on springs and pins removed. Wish I could get more, but dont want to change ball joints or add coilovers, yet.

Im lowered and I still have pretty minimal camber up front. I think a degree if that, but I cant say for certain, I tossed my sheet.

Once my ball joints go in, im going to max that bitch out tho.
You'll likely get -3 or more camber up front with the ball joints.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Thanks! Yes this is the max camber allowed on springs and pins removed. Wish I could get more, but dont want to change ball joints or add coilovers, yet.

thats about what I was expecting, cant wait.

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
thats about what I was expecting, cant wait.
I was neg 1.5 Left and 1.8 right with the pins pulled on stock springs. Hardrace ball joints in the middle position got me exactly neg 2.5 Left and neg 2.8 right side. Didn't want to go the neg 3.5 as I don't use A052s with their softer sidewall. Likely neg 3 is ideal but can't get there easily.

Saucee

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag

Is there a reason you are holding off on the camber ball joints? I am considering picking up the EVS ones but am unsure is there are any negative effects.

OP
OP
b2point0h

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is there a reason you are holding off on the camber ball joints? I am considering picking up the EVS ones but am unsure is there are any negative effects.
Wanted to keep OEM suspension geometry as close as possible, sans camber since its still street driven sometimes.

Saucee

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Wanted to keep OEM suspension geometry as close as possible, sans camber since its still street driven sometimes.
When you say geometry, you mean the actual suspension stroke/motion and not alignment, correct?

I am trying to figure out in practice what the actual joints do before making a decision. In my best understanding they offset the mounting location of the ball joint to push the bottom part of the wheel/hub out. I am however still uncertain as to what this actually does to the suspension/geometry aside from just changing the alignment.

Your car and videos are awesome though! I am new to this platform, had the car about a month or so now. I should be hitting my first event at Buttonwillow on the 19th this month but will be getting out there somewhat consistently, maybe we can link up at one of these events and I can pick your brain.
Sponsored