AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Yep, I know Jose personally. Great guy, super fast. They hold the FK8 record for Streets of Willow CW, Chuckwalla, and Buttonwillow CW13. His car is in a different league than mine. Full race car, JRZ Pro 2-way coilovers, gutted, staggered wheels on A052 tires and upgraded turbo.

I had the Streets record for exactly 2 weeks then he took it haha. Not exactly a fair comparison though. I’m on stock shocks with a full interior. I do still have the fastest Buttonwillow CCW1 time as far as I know.
yeah that was my next question, whether or not it was based on class cuz Jose is definitely modded to the gills haha.
Sponsored

OP
OP
b2point0h

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yeah that was my next question, whether or not it was based on class cuz Jose is definitely modded to the gills haha.
Yeah his build is for GTA street class which is mostly limited by budget to be honest. They also must run A052 tires.

My build is for Honda Time Attack Challenge Race Modified class. I’m basically maxed out on points and can’t really change much else. My goal is to push the car as far as I can go on stock shocks, full interior, street tires, stock turbo.

Might throw on the JRZs, big turbo and slicks next season and hunt for more records lol.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Yeah his build is for GTA street class which is mostly limited by budget to be honest. They also must run A052 tires.

My build is for Honda Time Attack Challenge Race Modified class. I’m basically maxed out on points and can’t really change much else. My goal is to push the car as far as I can go on stock shocks, full interior, street tires, stock turbo.

Might throw on the JRZs, big turbo and slicks next season and hunt for more records lol.

I support this

hitch

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8
Country flag
Hey Brandon, very sweet setup!
I'm in Australia and in touch with Racebred regarding the front splitter kit.

Just to confirm do you remove yours with the quick release kit when not racing etc?

It looks to be one of the best kits out there but just wanna make sure it's easily removed when not racing!

Cheers :)

OP
OP
b2point0h

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey Brandon, very sweet setup!
I'm in Australia and in touch with Racebred regarding the front splitter kit.

Just to confirm do you remove yours with the quick release kit when not racing etc?

It looks to be one of the best kits out there but just wanna make sure it's easily removed when not racing!

Cheers :)
Thank you!

I actually just leave mine on all the time. But yes, it is easily removable when not in use. Theres 2 pins, a couple bolts to loosen, and 2 side cables then it comes off. You *may* have to take the bumper off if your hands aren't small enough to reach behind the fog grills.

hitch

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8
Country flag
Thank you!

I actually just leave mine on all the time. But yes, it is easily removable when not in use. Theres 2 pins, a couple bolts to loosen, and 2 side cables then it comes off. You *may* have to take the bumper off if your hands aren't small enough to reach behind the fog grills.

Ahh thanks for the quick response. Given the cost for me to get it to Australia will be insane I'd be terrified of leaving it on all the time!

Thanks for confirming the quick release mechanism etc.

And again, love love your car :)
Cheers

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
Thanks for sharing and awesome times. Hope to see you again at the track. Maybe Oct 10 at BW. =) What kinda power w/ your E50 tune? 320-350hp?

OP
OP
b2point0h

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for sharing and awesome times. Hope to see you again at the track. Maybe Oct 10 at BW. =) What kinda power w/ your E50 tune? 320-350hp?
Thanks! Im making 373/411 on e50 on a perfect day haha. I'll be at BW October 10th, hope to see you there! Come by the HTAC group and say hi.

DagCTR

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Country flag
Im guessing you are utilizing Hondata Traction Control? How game changer was that? Think the traction control is worth going Hondata over any others?

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
Thanks! Im making 373/411 on e50 on a perfect day haha. I'll be at BW October 10th, hope to see you there! Come by the HTAC group and say hi.
that's real nice! maybe i'll get those #s one day lol. Yea, for sure we'll chop it up if I go. there should be at least a couple of people that I know of going for sure from socal fb group.

OP
OP
b2point0h

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im guessing you are utilizing Hondata Traction Control? How game changer was that? Think the traction control is worth going Hondata over any others?
I am, but have left it on the stock settings. I have not touched it at all, but at my power levels is seems to work really well, and I would definitely recommend it. It does a much better job that the factory.

that's real nice! maybe i'll get those #s one day lol. Yea, for sure we'll chop it up if I go. there should be at least a couple of people that I know of going for sure from socal fb group.
Yeah it makes a big difference for sure haha. Who alls going? From SoCal CTR group? I should get a post up and get a roll call haha.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you for the videos. You are an amazing driver. Am very impressed. Did you have prior experience before tracking the Type R?

I was pretty stoked getting a 1:34 at Big Willow on my 4th visit…

And you obiterated that by 4 seconds with a 1:30 on the first go around. That’s awesome.:bow:

Watching your performance will definitely help my time as it’s super helpful to see how much speed the Type R is able to maintain at certain parts of the track… for instance I noticed your speed through turn 7-8 was in the 130mph range. I’d always get nervous around 115mph and back off ?

OP
OP
b2point0h

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you for the videos. You are an amazing driver. Am very impressed. Did you have prior experience before tracking the Type R?

I was pretty stoked getting a 1:34 at Big Willow on my 4th visit…

And you obiterated that by 4 seconds with a 1:30 on the first go around. That’s awesome.:bow:

Watching your performance will definitely help my time as it’s super helpful to see how much speed the Type R is able to maintain at certain parts of the track… for instance I noticed your speed through turn 7-8 was in the 130mph range. I’d always get nervous around 115mph and back off ?
Thank you for the kind words Tom! I've been tracking for the better part of the last decade. It has been spread across multiple disciplines. AutoX, RallyX and Time Attack. Most of which were either in my 02 WRX wagon, or 95 S14, more recently (past 2 years) in the CTR.

Big willow just takes.....some big ?? lol. The car has incredible grip so most turns just take a bit of commitment. 1:34 is still really quick, thats nothing to not be proud of.

I hope my videos with data can provide some good insight into what the car can achieve and what YOU guys can achieve with it as well.

OP
OP
b2point0h

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Knocked a project off my list I’ve had for a while.

Got Quik Latches installed on the bumper. Holds the bumper a bit better and makes taking it off easier.

Honda Civic 10th gen b2point0h's track build & fast lap videos A78C694D-E728-4758-9069-78727390C976

chester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Knocked a project off my list I’ve had for a while.

Got Quik Latches installed on the bumper. Holds the bumper a bit better and makes taking it off easier.
I'm guessing you frequently take the bumper off? Why is that?
Sponsored