Threads
Reaction score
Website
acuityinstruments.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 3388
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks JT! Good seeing you again as well, glad you and all the vegas crew had fun, that track was a riot.

I recently got some new parts installed and got them out on track for a hot weather summer test. All went well with no major issues, just some minor ones.

Parts
- 27Won Kuro Turbo
- PRL Race MAF
- Paragon Brakes 6-piston BBK

Thoughts

Turbo

- The turbo performed flawlessly, but the ambient temps were in the 85-95F range, so heat soak happened within 2 laps.
- It spools like stock with no sacrifice in lag, something I really like on-track
- Car made about the same power as stock turbo with e50 tune. However this new e40 tune is not quite done, so theres more to come
- Lap times were almost identical to the last time I had it at BW CW13, which had significantly cooler temps. I suspect the lap times to drop by about 3 - 4 seconds once cooler weather hits.
- On the unfinished tune on pump 91, the car made 383/400 without adding any additional boost or timing.

Brakes
- The Paragon 6-piston kit is a nice piece of hardware and was really looking forward to solid performance. Unfortunately the R7 pads are just too much for 200TW street tires and i was locking them up. Currently figuring out the next option that will give me more consistent braking performance.

Video

The video is just session 1, no review of parts. Apologies for the lack of AIM data after coming into the pits. The SOLO 2 likes to create separate files as it thinks you're done with the session. I don't know how to combine data files so theres a continuous stream of data. If anyone knows how that would be greatly appreciated. Enjoy!

Interesting that you were locking up under hard braking, I have been running the R7s on my 6 piston paragon kit and have not run into that many lockups, Maybe I am just not hitting them hard enough though haha.
Sponsored

OP
OP
b2point0h

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting that you were locking up under hard braking, I have been running the R7s on my 6 piston paragon kit and have not run into that many lockups, Maybe I am just not hitting them hard enough though haha.
I didn't bed my pads enough and got really bad smearing at the track. Had to go between session and try to clear the smearing. Got most of the deposits gone, but some still remained. You're also on a 200TW tire right? What pads do you have in the rear? Also - I could not use more than 50% of the pedal or it would lock up right away. On the OEM Brembos, I could STAND on the pedal with no issues, a definite adjustment. Hoping a less aggressive pad compound would allow me to modulate more.

DPL8

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
acuityinstruments.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 3388
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I didn't bed my pads enough and got really bad smearing at the track. Had to go between session and try to clear the smearing. Got most of the deposits gone, but some still remained. You're also on a 200TW tire right? What pads do you have in the rear? Also - I could not use more than 50% of the pedal or it would lock up right away. On the OEM Brembos, I could STAND on the pedal with no issues, a definite adjustment. Hoping a less aggressive pad compound would allow me to modulate more.
R7 front R5 Rear, Hmm interesting I wonder why It smeared soo much, if anything that would help with the lockup issue.

I run a 200TW as well, I think it might just be an adjustment with your driving style, not having to use the pedal as hard.

201FK8

First Name
VINZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC TYPE R FK8, CRX SI 87', MAZDA 3 14'
Country flag
How much weight difference does the paragon bbk vs stock calipers?

OP
OP
b2point0h

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link