B1 Maintenance Question

DmK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I’m slowly getting to my second Oil change and it’s also showing B 1 code.
As most of you notice B code have a bunch of inspection items, I don’t really want to take car to a dealer, so my question is can you do it buy yourself and is it just a simple visual inspection that everything is in place and nothing leaking or is it more complex?

Any help and explanation would be much appreciated!
Sponsored

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I’m slowly getting to my second Oil change and it’s also showing B 1 code.
As most of you notice B code have a bunch of inspection items, I don’t really want to take car to a dealer, so my question is can you do it buy yourself and is it just a simple visual inspection that everything is in place and nothing leaking or is it more complex?

Any help and explanation would be much appreciated!

The most important things are changing the oil and rotating the tires (i get free tire rotations from Les Schwab because i bought one tire from them). All other items are just checking. Sounds like your car is new, 2nd oil change, there won't be anything wrong with car. However, dealerships will always recommend you buy their services.

Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
The most important things are changing the oil and rotating the tires (i get free tire rotations from Les Schwab because i bought one tire from them). All other items are just checking. Sounds like your car is new, 2nd oil change, there won't be anything wrong with car. However, dealerships will always recommend you buy their services.
Yup, pretty much. You should definitely know what to look out for and inspect for when things get old down the road. But yeah, TC, if you can go under the car and inspect it a bit and make sure things aren't leaking or any rubber boots or hoses aren't cracked that would be what the B service has you do. They also want you to inspect the brakes, which you can do while you take the tires off to rotate them. You don't even need to open the caliper, just a visual inspection and use a ruler if you really wanna measure how much material the pads have left. Up to you though!

Honda Civic 10th gen B1 Maintenance Question 1591882857532
Sponsored

Reactions: DmK