Axxess AXDSPX-HN3 specs: bypass amp on 12 speaker audio of Sport Touring/Type R?

vblue42

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Insight
Country flag
So I didn't want to read the 16 pages lol although it would be quite entertaining haha
It says that the product is out of stock or discontinued. I am trying to install an android unit in my 2017 civic SI but the volume is not working , I suppose I have to bypass the amp.
Did anyone try to do that or know of the existence of a harness for that ?

Thanks so much
Do you have a Touring trim with the premium sound system?
Sponsored

RBZIC

First Name
RAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI 2017
Country flag
Do you have a Touring trim with the premium sound system?
Hello , sorry for the late reply.

I have the SI with premium sound system. Same as the touring I suppose.

Honda Civic 10th gen Axxess AXDSPX-HN3 specs: bypass amp on 12 speaker audio of Sport Touring/Type R? 20200922_172222

vblue42

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Insight
Country flag
Hello , sorry for the late reply.

I have the SI with premium sound system. Same as the touring I suppose.

20200922_172222.jpg
This thread discusses what’s required to bypass the amp. But if you’re trying to replace the head unit in your car you are wasting your time. A lot of the vehicles functions are controlled by the head unit so it’s really not practice. But much info is in this thread.

vblue42

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Insight
Country flag

RBZIC

First Name
RAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI 2017
Country flag
This thread discusses what’s required to bypass the amp. But if you’re trying to replace the head unit in your car you are wasting your time. A lot of the vehicles functions are controlled by the head unit so it’s really not practice. But much info is in this thread.
Yeah i am trying to replace my head unit. I ordered a Tesla style android unit, and i just returned yesterday as there was no sound because of my high system on the 2017 SI.
These plugs were no were to go in the new unit lol

Honda Civic 10th gen Axxess AXDSPX-HN3 specs: bypass amp on 12 speaker audio of Sport Touring/Type R? 20200922_195552

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hoping to have mine next week .. ( fingers crossed )

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

Iceyankee-Tsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR
Country flag
Has anybody installed this lately? Just curious if the newHas anybody installed this lately? Just curious if the new AXDSPX-HN3 versions (and associated software) do not have the issues experienced by vblue42. Otherwise, I would also think it is a deal breaker.

But damn, we need a relative affordable solution to improve the sound system in this car!

Hate to say it, but it is almost making me consider selling it.:(

Be sure you test for phone call echo when you get it installed. Mine was severe to the point that it was a deal breaker.

OP
OP

bernardos70

First Name
Bernardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I should be having it installed fairly soon, this week or next hopefully, pending a few things. I will report back on it when I do.

vblue42

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Insight
Country flag
Has anybody installed this lately? Just curious if the newHas anybody installed this lately? Just curious if the new AXDSPX-HN3 versions (and associated software) do not have the issues experienced by vblue42. Otherwise, I would also think it is a deal breaker.

But damn, we need a relative affordable solution to improve the sound system in this car!

Hate to say it, but it is almost making me consider selling it.:(
Last I talked to Metra before I sent it back they weren’t able to eliminate the echo with a firmware update. Clearly something in the amp is doing this and it is not duplicated in the Axxsess device. Or at least in my case. YMMV.

I was told that several issue had been addressed based on my feedback however so they do appear responsive. Whatever you do don’t call them however. Contact them over email. Something about talking to them on the phone at least initially I met a stone wall. Likely because there is a “paper trail” on email so it’s harder to blow you off.

slab42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Si Sedan
Country flag
Last I talked to Metra before I sent it back they weren’t able to eliminate the echo with a firmware update. Clearly something in the amp is doing this and it is not duplicated in the Axxsess device. Or at least in my case. YMMV.

I was told that several issue had been addressed based on my feedback however so they do appear responsive. Whatever you do don’t call them however. Contact them over email. Something about talking to them on the phone at least initially I met a stone wall. Likely because there is a “paper trail” on email so it’s harder to blow you off.
My guess would be the BT module is ignoring the caller's audio it hears, but when you delay the audio to some speakers, the BT module has a hard time ignoring the caller's voice because the voice is arriving late to the mic than it is expecting, and/or it is arriving to the mic more than once since the time alignment is for the driver's seating position, not the mic location. Just a guess.

My experience with metra's support over the phone is they appear to be scored on call time, so they try to get off the phone quickly. Email is better, but may be drawn out longer obviously

vblue42

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Insight
Country flag
My guess would be the BT module is ignoring the caller's audio it hears, but when you delay the audio to some speakers, the BT module has a hard time ignoring the caller's voice because the voice is arriving late to the mic than it is expecting, and/or it is arriving to the mic more than once since the time alignment is for the driver's seating position, not the mic location. Just a guess.

My experience with metra's support over the phone is they appear to be scored on call time, so they try to get off the phone quickly. Email is better, but may be drawn out longer obviously
The problem exist over Apple CarPlay which doesn’t use BT. It is also an issue with Android Auto as well but BT is in use there.

It was suggested by Metra that TA may be the source of the issue but I tested without it and the problem was still present. I even reconnected the ANC module to see if there was echo canceling tech there but the problem still existed. Once I reconnected the factory amp it went away. So something appears to be missing in the Metra piece to eliminate this issue.

RBZIC

First Name
RAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI 2017
Country flag
So this Axxess AXDSPX-HN3 is to bypass the amplifiers ?
Sponsored