Axxess AXDSPX-HN3 specs: bypass amp on 12 speaker audio of Sport Touring/Type R?

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Is there a place on AXXESS's website were we can leave feedback on trouble shooting this BT/Carplay issue? or possible a Tech line that can be called? So they can try and push an update for the AXSSPX-HN3 to fix this issue or address it.. :coffee:
Sponsored

vblue42

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Insight
Country flag
Is there a place on AXXESS's website were we can leave feedback on trouble shooting this BT/Carplay issue? or possible a Tech line that can be called? So they can try and push an update for the AXSSPX-HN3 to fix this issue or address it.. :coffee:
I have them looking into it but I would like to know if anyone else is seeing the issue.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Any other issues to report...? I'm now #2 on the waiting list for this item from Sonic Electronix ;)

vblue42

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Insight
Country flag
Any other issues to report...? I'm now #2 on the waiting list for this item from Sonic Electronix ;)
The echo issue is the only deal breaker I’ve run into that will cause me to take this unit out if they can’t get it resolved. They claim they are having the engineers look into it and seem to be very receptive.

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
The amps are installed under the passenger seat. I used speedwire to interface to the speaker wires from the amps to the DSP harness. Each channel has 31 bands of EQ. Even the sub channel. This solution completely bypasses the factory amp. In fact you can’t use the factory amp with it. The output from the head unit is digital stereo left and right. All output channels, crossovers, EQing, phasesing, and any time alignment is done from the factory amp. And as you know what’s programmed in the factory amp is garbage to sound quality to preserve the cheaply made speakers. With this DSP solution all of that is removed and you can completely set all of your own EQing, time alignment, level matching and crossover points. My video should answer a lot of questions soon.
If I understand correctly, the Sport Touring has 10 "speakers":
- FL tweeter and woofer -> 2
- FR tweeter and woofer -> 2
- RL tweeter and woofer -> 2
- RR tweeter and woofer -> 2
- Dash speaker -> 1
- Subwoofer -> 1

That makes it a 10-channel system right?

If I use two of the Soundstream ST4.1000D I would get only 8-channels, BUT if I replace the stock FL, FR, RL and RR tweeters and woofers with component sets I'd still be able to connect them all because with these component sets, the tweeters and woofers connect to a crossover THEN the crossover to the amp., right?

So:

FL tweeter and woofer -> crossover -> Soundstream FL
FR tweeter and woofer -> crossover -> Soundstream FR
RL tweeter and woofer -> crossover -> Soundstream RL
RR tweeter and woofer -> crossover -> Soundstream RR
=======================================
Soundstream amp. #1

Dash speaker -> Soundstream (which speaker out on the Soundstream would this connect to?)
=======================
Soundstream amp. #2

That leaves the dash speaker. What would I connect it to on the Soundstream #2?

vblue42

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Insight
Country flag
- FL tweeter and woofer -> 2
- FR tweeter and woofer -> 2
- RL tweeter and woofer -> 2
- RR tweeter and woofer -> 2
- Dash speaker -> 1
- Subwoofer -> 1

That makes it a 10-channel system right?

If I use two of the Soundstream ST4.1000D I would get only 8-channels, BUT if I replace the stock FL, FR, RL and RR tweeters and woofers with component sets I'd still be able to connect them all because with these component sets, the tweeters and woofers connect to a crossover THEN the crossover to the amp., right?

So:

FL tweeter and woofer -> crossover -> Soundstream FL
FR tweeter and woofer -> crossover -> Soundstream FR
RL tweeter and woofer -> crossover -> Soundstream RL
RR tweeter and woofer -> crossover -> Soundstream RR
=======================================
Soundstream amp. #1

Dash speaker -> Soundstream (which speaker out on the Soundstream would this connect to?)
=======================
Soundstream amp. #2

That leaves the dash speaker. What would I connect it to on the Soundstream #2?
I have mine connected to amp 2 on channel 3. It’s just a simple + and - connection to the speaker. The RCA is connected stereo from the DSP to the amp. So it basically sums left and right to mono.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
The sport touring actually has 12 speakers. 2 in each door, one center, two satellite by the C-Pillar, and one sub.

OP
OP

bernardos70

First Name
Bernardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Im curious as to what a Satellite speaker is.
I've never heard of them referred to as such, but I know what speakers he's talking about: it's the C-pillar tweeters. Those look like such a major pain in the butt to remove that I'm not gonna even try.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have mine connected to amp 2 on channel 3. It’s just a simple + and - connection to the speaker. The RCA is connected stereo from the DSP to the amp. So it basically sums left and right to mono.
So you assigned one RCA output of the DSP to be L+R? Or you just hardware the L and R RCA output from the DSP together?

Also does the DSP also allows the analog sound from the head unit? Like nagivation, beeps? You still get navigation and beep sounds? If so, how many analog inputs does it allow? The 2020 Si has additional 4 wires in the RS485 connector. I don't if those are for the adaptive engine analog sounds or for its controls.

vblue42

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Insight
Country flag
So you assigned one RCA output of the DSP to be L+R? Or you just hardware the L and R RCA output from the DSP together?

Also does the DSP also allows the analog sound from the head unit? Like nagivation, beeps? You still get navigation and beep sounds? If so, how many analog inputs does it allow? The 2020 Si has additional 4 wires in the RS485 connector. I don't if those are for the adaptive engine analog sounds or for its controls.
Output from the headunit is simply 2 channels digital. There are no analog outputs from the headunit. All other functions work as intended including chimes and Navi.

Last edited:

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Output from the headunit is simply 2 channels digital. There are no analog outputs from the headunit. All other dictions work as intended including chimes and Navi.
That's not according to the service manual. The service manual indicates beeps and voice guidance and voice recognition prompts are carried in the RS485 connector.

In the 2020 Si, there should at lease one more analog signal for the adaptive engine sound.

vblue42

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Insight
Country flag
That's not according to the service manual. The service manual indicates beeps and voice guidance and voice recognition prompts are carried in the RS485 connector.

In the 2020 Si, there should at lease one more analog signal for the adaptive engine sound.
Post a pic of what you are referring to and which connector you are referring to as the 485 connector. Also, the engine noise is part of the ANC module and that needs to be disconnected anyway.

slab42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Si Sedan
Country flag
I am also curious how the center channel audio is handled. I am planning on not using any center channel, do you need to sum the center channel signal with the fronts to keep your BT calls, nav prompts, etc.?
Sponsored