Axxess AXDSPX-HN3 specs: bypass amp on 12 speaker audio of Sport Touring/Type R?

slab42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Si Sedan
Country flag
For shits and giggles I looked at all of the tablet style solutions from Pioneer, Kenwood, and Alpine when I was looking into fixing this system. Although there were good solutions from all, there didn’t appear to be any OEM dash mount solutions to accommodate the OEM look. At least not for the Insight.
The Metra 99-7812B will physically work fine, but no one lists it because you can't replace the OEM stereo without losing the functionality I mentioned before. In order to replace the OEM stereo in an upper trim, you would need something like a maestro RR to be able to retain things like TPMS calibration, vehicle settings, etc, but they haven't released any firmware or harness for them yet.
Sponsored

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
Ahh, I hate to see it lol. I've never tried wiring more than 1 amp before, and wouldn't even know how it would work coming from the battery and all, considering now I'd have to probably add 2 more on top of the mono amp I have installed for the sub. Guess it's just another thing to look into. Thanks for the answer.
Yeah, the Touring editions are the biggest PITA cars I've tried working on, audio system-wise.

Anyone have recommended brands and models of speakers, tweeters and subs. that are drop-in replacements for the stock speakers, tweeters and sub. (will work out of the box with the factory Sport Touring HU)?

vblue42

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Insight
Country flag
Ahh, I hate to see it lol. I've never tried wiring more than 1 amp before, and wouldn't even know how it would work coming from the battery and all, considering now I'd have to probably add 2 more on top of the mono amp I have installed for the sub. Guess it's just another thing to look into. Thanks for the answer.
Wiring multiple amps is done the same way as wiring one amp. Just get a distribution block for the power and ground wires and a rely for the remote wire and some speed wire for the outputs from the amp to the speakers. Simple.

OP
OP

bernardos70

First Name
Bernardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Just a quick update: I got it today. They shipped in a bubble bag which is a bad idea because the cardboard box is flimsy and has 0 foam in it. So the box is pretty beat up, but everything inside looks good. The axxess subwoofer knob was included, as vblue42 had pointed out, in case anyone was wondering about variations on the included package. Can't wait to have it hooked up!

IByrdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Si Sedan
Country flag
Just a quick update: I got it today. They shipped in a bubble bag which is a bad idea because the cardboard box is flimsy and has 0 foam in it. So the box is pretty beat up, but everything inside looks good. The axxess subwoofer knob was included, as vblue42 had pointed out, in case anyone was wondering about variations on the included package. Can't wait to have it hooked up!
Please post an update, and a DIY would be absolutely killer if you could!

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Awesome!!! Can't wait to see it .. Please take lots of pictures of what comes inside and how the product looks please!

Please post an update, and a DIY would be absolutely killer if you could!
^^ X1000

OP
OP

bernardos70

First Name
Bernardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am not a DIY guy when it comes to cars, to be honest. When it gets installed I'll ask the installers to take pics, and hopefully I'll get stuff to share with you guys. But I can certainly take pictures of the stuff that came in the box though.

If you guys want more detailed pictures of any specific part of it I'll gladly take them.
Honda Civic 10th gen Axxess AXDSPX-HN3 specs: bypass amp on 12 speaker audio of Sport Touring/Type R? 20200822_120957
Honda Civic 10th gen Axxess AXDSPX-HN3 specs: bypass amp on 12 speaker audio of Sport Touring/Type R? 20200822_121032
Honda Civic 10th gen Axxess AXDSPX-HN3 specs: bypass amp on 12 speaker audio of Sport Touring/Type R? 20200822_121046
Honda Civic 10th gen Axxess AXDSPX-HN3 specs: bypass amp on 12 speaker audio of Sport Touring/Type R? 20200822_121053
Honda Civic 10th gen Axxess AXDSPX-HN3 specs: bypass amp on 12 speaker audio of Sport Touring/Type R? 20200822_121101
Honda Civic 10th gen Axxess AXDSPX-HN3 specs: bypass amp on 12 speaker audio of Sport Touring/Type R? 20200822_121248
Honda Civic 10th gen Axxess AXDSPX-HN3 specs: bypass amp on 12 speaker audio of Sport Touring/Type R? 20200822_121344
Honda Civic 10th gen Axxess AXDSPX-HN3 specs: bypass amp on 12 speaker audio of Sport Touring/Type R? 20200822_121509

Honda Civic 10th gen Axxess AXDSPX-HN3 specs: bypass amp on 12 speaker audio of Sport Touring/Type R? 20200821_165818

IByrdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Si Sedan
Country flag
I am not a DIY guy when it comes to cars, to be honest. When it gets installed I'll ask the installers to take pics, and hopefully I'll get stuff to share with you guys. But I can certainly take pictures of the stuff that came in the box though.

If you guys want more detailed pictures of any specific part of it I'll gladly take them.
20200822_120957.jpg
20200822_121032.jpg
20200822_121046.jpg
20200822_121053.jpg
20200822_121101.jpg
20200822_121248.jpg
20200822_121344.jpg
20200822_121509.jpg

20200821_165818.jpg
No worries, thought you were doing a DIY install. Btw, you can get that bass knob installed in the blank switches next to the steering wheel. The shop could probably do the install easy enough. I modded the blank switch to fit the bare PCB with just a $10 dremel from Harbor Freight.

Honda Civic 10th gen Axxess AXDSPX-HN3 specs: bypass amp on 12 speaker audio of Sport Touring/Type R? IMG_20200812_184317_01

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Looking at the Harness and instructions it's hard to see where the subwoofer control hooks up to via the Red / Black wires from the control knob?

vblue42

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Insight
Country flag
Looking at the Harness and instructions it's hard to see where the subwoofer control hooks up to via the Red / Black wires from the control knob?
That confused me as well as it only has a red and black wire. It doesn’t appear to hook to the DSP at all. I just used the knob that came with my powered sub instead.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just a heads up for you that are planning to order this from Sonic Electronix... There is a waiting list for this item now 5 people deep and will ship in the order of when they were placed.. so pretty much a 3-6 week waiting list from what I was told today via customer service. Not sure if there is any other place has them. but for $230 it's worth the wait I guess.o_O:oops:

vblue42

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Insight
Country flag
Just a heads up for you that are planning to order this from Sonic Electronix... There is a waiting list for this item now 5 people deep and will ship in the order of when they were placed.. so pretty much a 3-6 week waiting list from what I was told today via customer service. Not sure if there is any other place has them. but for $230 it's worth the wait I guess.o_O:oops:
5 Star Car Stereo in FL had mine ordered and shipped in a couple of days. Ordered straight from a Metra warehouse there in FL.

vblue42

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Insight
Country flag
Any update on this? I am seeing an issue with echo from the other party on BT and CarPlay calls. Wondering if you are seeing the same.

OP
OP

bernardos70

First Name
Bernardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Any update on this? I am seeing an issue with echo from the other party on BT and CarPlay calls. Wondering if you are seeing the same.
Not yet, but I will report back. Won't be able to speak on the CarPlay issue because I don't have any iOS phones though.

vblue42

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Insight
Country flag
Not yet, but I will report back. Won't be able to speak on the CarPlay issue because I don't have any iOS phones though.
Be sure to test calls on both BT and Android Auto if you have it. The other party is hearing their voice echo back in their system when they respond.
Sponsored