Axxess AXDSPX-HN3 specs: bypass amp on 12 speaker audio of Sport Touring/Type R?

OP
OP

bernardos70

First Name
Bernardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
You can do either. I use both.
Thank you for answering that. Why though? I mean, it's a signal. Why does it need two wires? It doesn't make any sense to me.

vblue42

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Insight
Country flag
Thank you for answering that. Why though? I mean, it's a signal. Why does it need two wires? It doesn't make any sense to me.
The preouts come in pairs. I hooked up both because they were there. But the biggest reason for L&R sub out in car audio is because many people use two subs. You hook yours up how you see fit.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
It finally shipped yesterday. I'm getting it tomorrow from Sonic Electronix.
They actually have them in stock or did you order it a while back..?? if so how long ago did you order it.. because looking to order from them as well.

Thanks

OP
OP

bernardos70

First Name
Bernardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
They actually have them in stock or did you order it a while back..?? if so how long ago did you order it.. because looking to order from them as well.

Thanks
I ordered it on the 1st of August when it was already on backorder. It shipped on the 19th and is getting delivered today. For USD240 I'm ok with waiting especially because I still have to order the sub and the rears.

rramrattan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring WOP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just don't want to install an aftermarket amp. and have to run new wires everywhere.
I'm really lost when it comes to audio wiring and everything, and I've been trying to wrap my head around this thread for a few days now.

I've replaced all the (10) speakers in my Touring sedan, and could not achieve a sound I was totally happy with - It still felt flat and even tin-y, even after tinkering with Viper4Android. Later on, I learned that the DSP in the factory amp could be a big reason as to why - and that led me here.

Long story short, I already ran an amp and loc for the sub that I replaced in the rear deck, and I'm hoping that I can run the AXDSPX-HN3 without having to install 2 more amps to power the rest of the speakers. Will the remaining 9 speakers be fine without an amp? Would they essentially plug directly into this product (basically removing everything from factory amp, and putting them into here)? I do plan on replacing my HU sometime near the new year, if that makes a difference. I also only currently listen with volumes around 12-14 if that means anything in regards to needing an amp.

slab42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm really lost when it comes to audio wiring and everything, and I've been trying to wrap my head around this thread for a few days now.

I've replaced all the (10) speakers in my Touring sedan, and could not achieve a sound I was totally happy with - It still felt flat and even tin-y, even after tinkering with Viper4Android. Later on, I learned that the DSP in the factory amp could be a big reason as to why - and that led me here.

Long story short, I already ran an amp and loc for the sub that I replaced in the rear deck, and I'm hoping that I can run the AXDSPX-HN3 without having to install 2 more amps to power the rest of the speakers. Will the remaining 9 speakers be fine without an amp? Would they essentially plug directly into this product (basically removing everything from factory amp, and putting them into here)? I do plan on replacing my HU sometime near the new year, if that makes a difference. I also only currently listen with volumes around 12-14 if that means anything in regards to needing an amp.
The AXDSPX-HN3 bypasses the OEM amp, so you would need an amplifier (or amplifiers) to power your speakers

vblue42

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Insight
Country flag
The AXDSPX-HN3 bypasses the OEM amp, so you would need an amplifier (or amplifiers) to power your speakers
Replacing the headunit in the Tuoring systems is both difficult and not recommended. But yes an amp is required with this system.

vblue42

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Insight
Country flag
I ordered it on the 1st of August when it was already on backorder. It shipped on the 19th and is getting delivered today. For USD240 I'm ok with waiting especially because I still have to order the sub and the rears.
That’s a pretty good price. I spoke to them when I was attempting to find one and they had no info. They stated they would research it and contact me back with a price but I never heard back from them.

slab42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Si Sedan
Country flag
Replacing the headunit in the Tuoring systems is both difficult and not recommended. But yes an amp is required with this system.
Replacing it isn't too difficult, but retaining all the vehicle settings and functions that run through the OEM stereo is lol. Yup, definitely not recommended. :D

vblue42

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Insight
Country flag
Replacing it isn't too difficult, but retaining all the vehicle settings and functions that run through the OEM stereo is lol. Yup, definitely not recommended. :D
For shits and giggles I looked at all of the tablet style solutions from Pioneer, Kenwood, and Alpine when I was looking into fixing this system. Although there were good solutions from all, there didn’t appear to be any OEM dash mount solutions to accommodate the OEM look. At least not for the Insight.

rramrattan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring WOP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Ahh, I hate to see it lol. I've never tried wiring more than 1 amp before, and wouldn't even know how it would work coming from the battery and all, considering now I'd have to probably add 2 more on top of the mono amp I have installed for the sub. Guess it's just another thing to look into. Thanks for the answer.
Sponsored