Axxess AXDSPX-HN3 specs: bypass amp on 12 speaker audio of Sport Touring/Type R?

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Im not sure I understand what you’re referring to.
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/2019-head-unit-diagnostic-mode.30845/#post-602748

Post #9. You can use the audio diagnostic to turn the speakers on one at a time and all on at once. I know that page might be useless depending on how you map the speakers in the DSP, but I'm just wondering. You could mess up your car's configurations if you don't know what you're doing in the secret menu so if you're not comfortable of going in there, I would understand.
Sponsored

Last edited:

vblue42

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Insight
Country flag
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/2019-head-unit-diagnostic-mode.30845/#post-602748

Post #9. You can use the audio diagnostic to turn the speakers on one at a time and all on at once. I know that page might be useless depending on how you map the speakers in the DSP, but I'm just wondering. You could mess up your car's configurations if you don't know what you're doing in the secret menu so if you're not comfortable of going in there, I would understand.
Ah, you were referring to the head unit! I played with all of that last year with my 2019 in the hopes of being able to use Honda Hack. Unfortunately the Insight has the updated Android Security patch that prevented any access to the browser so although the secret menus were accessible, you really couldn’t do anything cool in those menus.

As far as if they’re still available I haven’t checked but I see no reason why anything there would have changed.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ah, you were referring to the head unit! I played with all of that last year with my 2019 in the hopes of being able to use Honda Hack. Unfortunately the Insight has the updated Android Security patch that prevented any access to the browser so although the secret menus were accessible, you really couldn’t do anything cool in those menus.

As far as if their still available I haven’t checked but I see no reason why anything there would have changed.
I didn't mean if the page is still here. I'm sure it is still there. I meant does that Detail Information->Audio Check page still functions? In that page, it cycles thru all 10 speakers independently tuning each on, then off. If you run that page, does it still cycle thru all 10 speakers on and off independently?

vblue42

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Insight
Country flag
I didn't mean if the page is still here. I'm sure it is still there. I meant does that Detail Information->Audio Check page still functions? In that page, it cycles thru all 10 speakers independently tuning each on, then off. If you run that page, does it still cycle thru all 10 speakers on and off independently?
Ill see if I can look into it but I don’t remember having access to anything like that last year.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ill see if I can look into it but I don’t remember having access to anything like that last year.
It's no big deal. I'm just wondering.

Another question is in your video, there's one (or two?) scene(s) where the pink noise drops out for a second or two while you were adjusting the equalizers. What caused those?

vblue42

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Insight
Country flag
It's no big deal. I'm just wondering.

Another question is in your video, there's one (or two?) scene(s) where the pink noise drops out for a second or two while you were adjusting the equalizers. What caused those?
Thats an issue with the audio file I was using.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
@vblue42 One more question for you since you have installed this and have experience with the harness. The question I have is the RCA connections, it shows 10 channels but the RCA's are a bit confusing from the pictures they show it almost seems like the have 1 female RCA for left and right combined unless I am totally misunderstanding the way RCA's work .( usually the left and right are white / red ) but the picture below and PDF instructions leave a lot to be desired. If you can shine some light on this on how your RCA's hooked up and when to your amps it would be a huge help ( or if you need me to explain a bit better I can )

Honda Civic 10th gen Axxess AXDSPX-HN3 specs: bypass amp on 12 speaker audio of Sport Touring/Type R? 1596913006391

Honda Civic 10th gen Axxess AXDSPX-HN3 specs: bypass amp on 12 speaker audio of Sport Touring/Type R? 1596912745055

OP
OP

bernardos70

First Name
Bernardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Here’s the demo vid guys. Hope this answers your questions and let me know if you guys need anything else.

This is incredibly valuable. Thank you so much for the light you've shed on this subject!

vblue42

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Insight
Country flag
@vblue42 One more question for you since you have installed this and have experience with the harness. The question I have is the RCA connections, it shows 10 channels but the RCA's are a bit confusing from the pictures they show it almost seems like the have 1 female RCA for left and right combined unless I am totally misunderstanding the way RCA's work .( usually the left and right are white / red ) but the picture below and PDF instructions leave a lot to be desired. If you can shine some light on this on how your RCA's hooked up and when to your amps it would be a huge help ( or if you need me to explain a bit better I can )

1596913006391.png

1596912745055.png
So with the HN3 harness that comes with this set up you have Grey, White, Green, and Purple for your typical Front and Rear, the other channels 5-10 are simply labeled by number. For instance I have the colored RCA’s going to one amp that powers my Front and Rear midrange. Channels 5 and 6 are assigned to my front Tweeters and 7 and 8 go to the Center channel. Those are on the the second amp. There is a dedicated sub channel that goes to the powered sub. All connections are female RCA connectors. If you want to go high level from the DSP you will simply cut off the RCA connectors and go positive and negative to those channels. I think that answers your question.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
@vblue42 Thank you I understand now:thumbsup:

Iceyankee-Tsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR
Country flag
Vblue42:

Thank you for this review and great information to improve this "premium" sound system.

I wanted to ask: What happens with the head unit's sound controls (bass, treble and mid) once upgraded to this DSP? Do they still do something when you operate them? Do they work at all?

I would assume you set them all flat since you have full tuning control now from the Axxess app. However, just curious on what happens if you mess with them after you install and tune the Axxess system.

Thanks

vblue42

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Insight
Country flag
Vblue42:

Thank you for this review and great information to improve this "premium" sound system.

I wanted to ask: What happens with the head unit's sound controls (bass, treble and mid) once upgraded to this DSP? Do they still do something when you operate them? Do they work at all?

I would assume you set them all flat since you have full tuning control now from the Axxess app. However, just curious on what happens if you mess with them after you install and tune the Axxess system.

Thanks
It is recommended you set all sound controls to flat before tuning. Usually most people leave them that way but there is nothing that says you have to. It’s your car and your ears if you want to use those controls to further tailor your sound. And yes they do work as they did before.

Iceyankee-Tsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR
Country flag
Thanks for the super quick response vblue42:

This is pretty good. Not that many people would mess with it but say you sell the vehicle and leave it "as is" or you feel any particular day you want a slight adjustment, you don't have to run the app for this.

Technically, it allows everything to operate as an improved "stock" setup.

Cheers.

It is recommended you set all sound controls to flat before tuning. Usually most people leave them that way but there is nothing that says you have to. It’s your car and your ears if you want to use those controls to further tailor your sound. And yes they do work as they did before.

slab42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Si Sedan
Country flag
The video is great and covers alot of questions people might have around this product.

I have been contemplating getting this piece, but I would literally be using it as a DAC LOC and not the DSP (I have an audiocontrol D-6.1200 going in), so I have a hard time spending that kind of cash when I won't be using the DSP portion of it...plus first-to-market stuff makes me hesitant, especially when there are other companies that have solutions like the Maestro AR and PAC AmpPro that haven't got this SPDIF setup sorted yet, and they are typically better at that part of the business than Metra IMO, so who knows if the Metra piece was rushed to be first or if the other guys just haven't cracked it.

slab42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Si Sedan
Country flag
Thanks for the super quick response vblue42:

This is pretty good. Not that many people would mess with it but say you sell the vehicle and leave it "as is" or you feel any particular day you want a slight adjustment, you don't have to run the app for this.

Technically, it allows everything to operate as an improved "stock" setup.

Cheers.
The big issue with using the OEM controls is you are basically undoing alot of the fine tuning done by using the OEM 3-band basic EQ. I usually tell customers that if they want it to sound different, we can fine tune it using the much more precise EQ built into the DSP for a much better result. The OEM adjustments should really only be used to adjust when you switch between music types or sources or something, not as a permanent adjustment, since it is only 3 huge bands.
Sponsored