Axxess AXDSPX-HN3 specs: bypass amp on 12 speaker audio of Sport Touring/Type R?

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Hmmm...

1. Specs vague and wrong.
2. Not listed by any reputable reseller. And not forsale anywhere at the moment.

Would suck if this turns out to be vaporware. I really want to completely bypass the OEM amp.
Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Hmmm...

2. Not listed by any reputable reseller. And not forsale anywhere at the moment.

Would suck if this turns out to be vaporware. I really want to completely bypass the OEM amp.
vblue42 has installed it. So, it is not vaporware. Just production can't keep up with demand, I guess.

OP
OP

bernardos70

First Name
Bernardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Didn't look like they did online sales on their website so I called them. They said they stopped carrying the axxess because they didn't like it. I asked why and he said Dean? Just didnt like it... He said he recommends dsr1 which I already have, but working with a shit signal from the start sucks. I have a 1kw 4 channel amp (I'm at 4ohm so wired at 600 real RMS) for components with crossover so I too want to sum the mid and tweeter for 4 channel instead of 8. You say that's possible so I'm sold. Just need to find one to buy.
You can use another DSP; does the DSR-1 take low level inputs? If so you can just not use the DSP part of the AXDSPX-HN3 and just use it to get a clean signal. Granted, that's a very expensive product just to get a clean signal, but it's the only one that does it.

Yes. You can sum the mid and tweeter channels together.
This solves my dilemma. Thank you. I got my 6 low level inputs (driver and passenger doors, front and back, center channel and subwoofer) and 5 outputs (same thing but eschewing the center channel) all set!

I backordered it from Sonic Electronix. They charged me already, which I didn't like, but whatever. I'll wait.

slab42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Si Sedan
Country flag
Im currently running lc2 loc to dsr-1 DSP and want to try this. The dsr-1 is a really powerful DSP but it's so hard flattening this shit signal. I'm super anxious to try this but I guess I'll have to wait for the email and then order right away. Can't see anywhere to order or back order.
The DSR-1 has SPDIF input. Have you tried using that to see if it will decode the signal between the OEM radio and amp? I have a DSR-1 around here somewhere and was considering trying it, but I don't wanna splice into the coax line for the SPDIF if it's not gonna work.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
The DSR-1 has SPDIF input. Have you tried using that to see if it will decode the signal between the OEM radio and amp? I have a DSR-1 around here somewhere and was considering trying it, but I don't wanna splice into the coax line for the SPDIF if it's not gonna work.
Even if it does, you won't get any of the car audio signals that are sent on the aux busses which is pretty much everything besides music. Chime, phone call, navigation voice, etc.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Even if it does, you won't get any of the car audio signals that are sent on the aux busses which is pretty much everything besides music. Chime, phone call, navigation voice, etc.
If the SPDIF can be decoded using a standard decoder, then it would be easy to mix in the aux audio using a cheap mixer or a dsp. And if the mixer or DSP allows prioritize inputs, then you could also make the spdif music drop out when the aux audio plays.

Some guy name @SCOPESYS created a thread on the 2018 Premium Audio and he said he tried it with a cheap decoder and it didn't work. https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/2018-premium-audio-system.33835/

I parsed out the SPDIF signal myself and found that the frames are indeed standard SPDIF frames but the control bits (the ones that tell the decoder whether it's PCM or compressed, etc) are different between FM, XM, and Bluetooth. It could be because some sources are encoded as multi-channel and some as two-channel PCM. I don't have access to the full SPDIF spec to know how to decode the control bits. But from what I got from googling, the control bits don't look standard. But I could have made mistakes in my analysis.

Last edited:

vblue42

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Insight
Country flag
Didn't look like they did online sales on their website so I called them. They said they stopped carrying the axxess because they didn't like it. I asked why and he said Dean? Just didnt like it... He said he recommends dsr1 which I already have, but working with a shit signal from the start sucks. I have a 1kw 4 channel amp (I'm at 4ohm so wired at 600 real RMS) for components with crossover so I too want to sum the mid and tweeter for 4 channel instead of 8. You say that's possible so I'm sold. Just need to find one to buy.
It wasn’t in stock at their store when I ordered. They special ordered it and had it shipped from one of the Metra warehouses in FL. I paid 350 for mine shipped. Just contact them back and ask them if they can special order it. The DSR1 won’t work to go before the amp and their 2018 Accord video details why.

slab42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Si Sedan
Country flag
That's a good call, I forgot those were on different channels.

vblue42

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Insight
Country flag
Hmmm...

It is a new product and hasn’t been widely distributed yet. Actually I had to call Metra to inquire as if they had a product such as this to even find out that it was available. When I ordered mine they stated they hadn’t even shipped 10 of them yet. But it is indeed real and it works well. I will say that the first thing you should do after install is update the firmware as the version mine had was very problematic.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It is a new product and hasn’t been widely distributed yet. Actually I had to call Metra to inquire as if they had a product such as this to even find out that it was available. When I ordered mine they stated they hadn’t even shipped 10 of them yet. But it is indeed real and it works well. I will say that the first thing you should do after install is update the firmware as the version mine had was very problematic.
Thanks for the update. I'm glad it's real. I can't wait to get my hands on one once it becomes widely available. I miss my Alpine system in my Prelude. The Premium Stereo just can't "slam" like the Alpine.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
@vblue42 Thank you very much for the video and Insight ( pun intended ;) ) on doing this video for the people that are looking to get the AXDSPX-HN3. Very useful info that you were showing us in this video:thumbsup:. I have one question about the center channel though, I know that you mentioned that this application is not meant for your car but it works.. so my question is .. Does the signal that is going to the center channel actually a summed signal? or is it just a left signal that you were showing in the video? My concern is that on certain Navigation applications for car play is that we are still able to get directions via the center channel.

Thanks again for the help in this thread!! very valuable info!!

vblue42

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Insight
Country flag
@vblue42 Thank you very much for the video and Insight ( pun intended ;) ) on doing this video for the people that are looking to get the AXDSPX-HN3. Very useful info that you were showing us in this video:thumbsup:. I have one question about the center channel though, I know that you mentioned that this application is not meant for your car but it works.. so my question is .. Does the signal that is going to the center channel actually a summed signal? or is it just a left signal that you were showing in the video? My concern is that on certain Navigation applications for car play is that we are still able to get directions via the center channel.

Thanks again for the help in this thread!! very valuable info!!
I have tested both the internal Garmin navigation as well as the Navigation with Apple, Google, and Waze maps and they all work as they should. Audio also plays from the center channel as it should. The output harness has a dedicated Center channel output and that is why there is no change in the way it is suppose to work. I honestly don’t know why the Center Channel software option doesn’t work but I still get what I need with choosing any other available channel is demo’d in the vid.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah thanks @vblue42 for the video. One question I have is does the secret audio diagnostic page still work?