Axxess AXDSPX-HN3 specs: bypass amp on 12 speaker audio of Sport Touring/Type R?

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Lets get this back to the top...
Sponsored

abstractls

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
OK so I am having a hard time trying to figure out which one to use.

AXDSPX-HN3 vs AXDSPL-HN3

It's not very clear from the website what the differences are. I will be running an AudioControl D6.1200 amp. Will either of these units retain the center channel, since that is where the cars sound for notifications comes from. Since I have the AudioControl amps DSP which of your interfaces will make the most sense for my 2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback with the 12 speaker system. I plan on replacing the front and rears and a new sub enclosure.

Also I have the 12 speaker system where the speakers are ALSO behind the rear passengers on the pillars. What are you guys doing there? Anyone know what size? Should I do a 3 way setup back there or just nix them

MrStix

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I read through this post and will re-read. It's a shame about losing bluetooth. I'm on the fence of whether or not to pull the trigger on one.

I currently have the factory amp going to an Audiocontrol D6.1200 to handle the signal. I had my wife call me while in the car and using Apple Car Play and she said she heard a slight echo, only sometimes, and it was also a distorted echo. Essentially, very functional.

Reading this thread confirmed it, but I have spent some time playing around with the Audiocontrol DSP interface and it is clear the amp does some weird stuff. My biggest concern is with the subwoofer signal. I have confirmed both audibly and visually that the sub signal is out of phase with the bass signal coming from the front speakers. The audiocontrol allows you to correct this, but I hate to think about how this is negatively affecting the signal, especially at the crossover points. The sub crossover is also too low and only a few genres of music will benefit from where its set. I can only imagine what the amp is doing to the other speakers and at what frequencies...

Anyways, I hardly take/get calls, especially in the car, but I listen to music every minute I'm behind the wheel. That is making me lean pretty hard towards getting this device, getting that terrible amp out, and getting a nice clean signal to the D6.1200, but also losing the ability to take calls.

I am still hoping that Metra comes out with a fix or (fingers crossed) Maestro allows us to replace the headunit!

I think if Metra fixes the bluetooth issue it will just be icing on the cake. The real prize is getting rid of that shitty amp signal.

slab42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Si Sedan
Country flag
I read through this post and will re-read. It's a shame about losing bluetooth. I'm on the fence of whether or not to pull the trigger on one.

I currently have the factory amp going to an Audiocontrol D6.1200 to handle the signal. I had my wife call me while in the car and using Apple Car Play and she said she heard a slight echo, only sometimes, and it was also a distorted echo. Essentially, very functional.

Reading this thread confirmed it, but I have spent some time playing around with the Audiocontrol DSP interface and it is clear the amp does some weird stuff. My biggest concern is with the subwoofer signal. I have confirmed both audibly and visually that the sub signal is out of phase with the bass signal coming from the front speakers. The audiocontrol allows you to correct this, but I hate to think about how this is negatively affecting the signal, especially at the crossover points. The sub crossover is also too low and only a few genres of music will benefit from where its set. I can only imagine what the amp is doing to the other speakers and at what frequencies...

Anyways, I hardly take/get calls, especially in the car, but I listen to music every minute I'm behind the wheel. That is making me lean pretty hard towards getting this device, getting that terrible amp out, and getting a nice clean signal to the D6.1200, but also losing the ability to take calls.

I am still hoping that Metra comes out with a fix or (fingers crossed) Maestro allows us to replace the headunit!

I think if Metra fixes the bluetooth issue it will just be icing on the cake. The real prize is getting rid of that shitty amp signal.
Metra makes a radio install kit now for the upper trims, but it's pricey. Last I heard about the maestro stuff is they were closer to a solution, and it looks like they are planning to release a RR and an AR for the car, but not sure if one is gonna launch before the other or when...still patiently waiting myself!

MrStix

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Metra makes a radio install kit now for the upper trims, but it's pricey. Last I heard about the maestro stuff is they were closer to a solution, and it looks like they are planning to release a RR and an AR for the car, but not sure if one is gonna launch before the other or when...still patiently waiting myself!
[/QUOT
Do you have a part number? I’m guessing it’s expensive because it will have to include theA/C controls or a harness that allows the radio to do it along with the right turn and rear cameras..

I’m super interested. I went to Metras site and it doesn’t list the module this thread is about as compatible with my 2020 Sport Touring but if I pick the 2018 year it does...
In both cases I didn’t see a dash kit so any info you have, I’d appreciate. I’ll do some searching around the site.
Thanks,

slab42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Si Sedan
Country flag
Do you have a part number? I’m guessing it’s expensive because it will have to include theA/C controls or a harness that allows the radio to do it along with the right turn and rear cameras..

I’m super interested. I went to Metras site and it doesn’t list the module this thread is about as compatible with my 2020 Sport Touring but if I pick the 2018 year it does...
In both cases I didn’t see a dash kit so any info you have, I’d appreciate. I’ll do some searching around the site.
Thanks,
http://www.metraonline.com/part/99-7821B

MrStix

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Holy mother of pearl!

? I just told my wife last night if there was a way to replace the head unit, I would not be able to make the money leave my account fast enough!

Only problem now is finding a dealer. Probably any local Metra dealer would be able to order it. Might be able to get a hold of a contact through my work. I’m cool with msrp, as long as I can get a legit long warranty on all those buttons and that screen, lol. If I can get it through work with a discount, even better.

Thank you so much!
Any other info you see pop up on it please send my way. I obviously can’t navigate metras site and my search for touring dash kit on this site didn’t give me any results so thank you again.

905User

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Yeah, doesn't seem to be available for the 2016 touring either, and interestingly it says:
If the vehicle has a factory amplifier that needs to be retained, the AXSP-HN (sold separately), should be purchased.

Can't find that part either ;-)

I'll definitely be interested when available

slab42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Si Sedan
Country flag
Holy mother of pearl!

? I just told my wife last night if there was a way to replace the head unit, I would not be able to make the money leave my account fast enough!

Only problem now is finding a dealer. Probably any local Metra dealer would be able to order it. Might be able to get a hold of a contact through my work. I’m cool with msrp, as long as I can get a legit long warranty on all those buttons and that screen, lol. If I can get it through work with a discount, even better.

Thank you so much!
Any other info you see pop up on it please send my way. I obviously can’t navigate metras site and my search for touring dash kit on this site didn’t give me any results so thank you again.
Yeah, I am hesitant to rely on that screen and those buttons, especially at that price, so I am holding out for the maestro stuff since they are typically better. For some reason this kit doesn't show up when you input some trims like Si either, even though the picture in the instruction manual is clearly in a 2020 Si (red trim around the vents, but gray on the fake carbon weave parts). I was able to find the kit by putting in a 2020 ex sedan, which should have the same radio package as every non-lx (or sport hatch).

slab42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Si Sedan
Country flag
Yeah, doesn't seem to be available for the 2016 touring either, and interestingly it says:
If the vehicle has a factory amplifier that needs to be retained, the AXSP-HN (sold separately), should be purchased.

Can't find that part either ;-)

I'll definitely be interested when available
I couldn't find that AXSP-HN either, but didn't look too hard since I would not be retaining oem amp. I have a D-6.1200 amp already installed, but not connected fully since I am waiting on the maestro AR interface.

MrStix

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I couldn't find that AXSP-HN either, but didn't look too hard since I would not be retaining oem amp. I have a D-6.1200 amp already installed, but not connected fully since I am waiting on the maestro AR interface.
Assuming the dash kit doesn’t have any issues, longevity or functionality, the advantages of the maestro are being able to use a more discreet dash kit and guaranteed compatibility with certain head units, right?
I kind of would like to wait too, but damn, some people have been waiting since 2016, lol. You know?

And would there be any negatives to getting the dash kit then changing to the maestro later other than cost?
I got a killer deal on the d6.1200 and all my gear, so I’m not worried about eating costs elsewhere.

And if the dash kit does work, I could be enjoying much better audio while I wait ?

Am I missing something?

slab42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Si Sedan
Country flag
Assuming the dash kit doesn’t have any issues, longevity or functionality, the advantages of the maestro are being able to use a more discreet dash kit and guaranteed compatibility with certain head units, right?
I kind of would like to wait too, but damn, some people have been waiting since 2016, lol. You know?

And would there be any negatives to getting the dash kit then changing to the maestro later other than cost?
I got a killer deal on the d6.1200 and all my gear, so I’m not worried about eating costs elsewhere.

And if the dash kit does work, I could be enjoying much better audio while I wait ?

Am I missing something?
If the maestro RR solution is like any of their other solutions, it would keep the oem hvac controls there, and simply provide a gui for hvac and vehicle settings on the new radio (would have to be a maestro compatible stereo to work)

I am waiting for the maestro AR solution since I don't care about replacing my radio, I just want to take the spdif signal from the factory stereo and turn that into an analog signal that is not equalized to use into my amp.

for maestro models, RR=radio replacement and AR=amplifier replacement

Andruboine

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Where’d you hear this rumor?

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI , 2023 Civic Sport
Country flag
Last edited:

Andruboine

First Name