Axxess AXDSPX-HN3 specs: bypass amp on 12 speaker audio of Sport Touring/Type R?

vblue42

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Insight
Country flag
Interesting... did he have just music playing or did he showcase that all the nav prompts, etc still worked?
There’s not much to the video but I’m assuming no one would sacrifice any of those features. I did message them if they were able to retain chimes and such but there has as of yet been no response.
Sponsored

slab42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Si Sedan
Country flag
There’s not much to the video but I’m assuming no one would sacrifice any of those features. I did message them if they were able to retain chimes and such but there has as of yet been no response.
I think I found the same video and saw your comment. Did you recently make a video about a VZ52 a few months ago? ;)

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
But I still don’t understand why even the debate on this.
That's what I said to myself! It was because you kept insist the Metra DSP is digital only. I had to set you straight. :rofl:

Almostfast

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Sport Touring
Country flag
how many people actually have this in their civic? I see an insight, but are there any civics yet? how many amps do you have to use on this? The diagram posted makes it look like 3

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There is a video on YT of an installer demoing the DSR1 with an Accord. I commented on the video how was this hooked up and all he said was it is installed as a Universal DSP.
I have actually captured and decoded the Honda SPDIF2 signal and it indeed has standard SPDIF frames. From whatever SPDIF spec I googled, it doesn't look like standard two channel PCM but it could just be I need the complete SPDIF spec to know for sure.

If you can find a DSP that will decode the Honda SPDIF2 and that DSP can be control using custom software via UART/IC2/SPI/USB whatever, then I have done everything that are needed to make this build possible. I've decoded the RS485 protocol and can write software that can translate the RS485 message to control third party DSP. As for the SPDIF2 connector. you can buy one of them cheap 9th gen antenna converter and hack out the circular connector and solder the other end to a RCA and you'll have something that mates with that little white SPIDF2 connector. I know for sure the antenna harness for the 9th gen Civic works because I have brought a Honda cable for around $15. The ebay one's a cheaper but don't know if it's good enough.

vblue42

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Insight
Country flag
how many people actually have this in their civic? I see an insight, but are there any civics yet? how many amps do you have to use on this? The diagram posted makes it look like 3
Well it’s a 10-12 speaker system so unless you can find a multichannel amp to supply that many channels you’re going to have to use as many amps as it takes. I’m using 8 of the 10 channels in my car across 2 amps and a powered sub. So I have 3 amps in my car.

vblue42

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Insight
Country flag
That's what I said to myself! It was because you kept insist the Metra DSP is digital only. I had to set you straight. :rofl:
What was the original question again? I don’t remember.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Output from the headunit is simply 2 channels digital. There are no analog outputs from the headunit. All other functions work as intended including chimes and Navi.
What was the original question again? I don’t remember.
I was asking if you got the center channel from digitally L+R or hardware L+R and you stated there're no other analog outputs from the head unit. So I corrected you by citing the service manual and you insisted the service manual was incorrect. So I did some tests to show the service manual was correct.

vblue42

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Insight
Country flag
I was asking if you got the center channel from digitally L+R or hardware L+R and you stated there're no other analog outputs from the head unit. So I corrected you by citing the service manual and you insisted the service manual was incorrect. So I did some tests to show the service manual was correct.
So again why does any of this matter? It is still handled by the DSP regardless!

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So again why does any of this matter? It is still handled by the DSP regardless!
Fuzzy requirement = fuzzy product. If you do not know the value of accuracy in your statement, then I do not know what to tell you!

It matters because some of us would like to know more about how the product works. Instead of if it works or not.

vblue42

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Insight
Country flag
Fuzzy requirement = fuzzy product. If you do not know the value of accuracy in your statement, then I do not know what to tell you!
Regardless of if there is analog as well as digital output from the headunit and if I was wrong in my statement. As it stands now, if you want to bypass the factory amp to achieve a true premium audio system in these cars, this is the only product that allows you to do such without hacking up the wiring and that is what this thread was about. And that was the reasoning for my statements. Maybe you have proven there are other signals being output from the head unit but it doesn’t from what I can see lead to another solution. So therefor your inquiries and finding still appear to me moot!

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Regardless of if there is analog as well as digital output from the headunit and if I was wrong in my statement. As it stands now, if you want to bypass the factory amp to achieve a true premium audio system in these cars, this is the only product that allows you to do such without hacking up the wiring and that is what this thread was about. And that was the reasoning for my statements. Maybe you have proven there are other signals being output from the head unit but it doesn’t from what I can see lead to another solution. So therefor your inquiries and finding still appear to me moot!
I careless if you think my inquiries and findings are moot. My only reason for correcting you was to make sure people who're reading this thread do not get misinformed by your statements.

vblue42

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Insight
Country flag
I careless if you think my inquiries and findings are moot. My only reason for correcting you was to make sure people who're reading this thread do not get misinformed by your statements.
Again what have you gained here? What can you accomplish with this product or even without it with what you’ve learned?

RBZIC

First Name
RAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI 2017
Country flag
So I didn't want to read the 16 pages lol although it would be quite entertaining haha
It says that the product is out of stock or discontinued. I am trying to install an android unit in my 2017 civic SI but the volume is not working , I suppose I have to bypass the amp.
Did anyone try to do that or know of the existence of a harness for that ?

Thanks so much
Sponsored