Axxess AXDSPX-HN3 specs: bypass amp on 12 speaker audio of Sport Touring/Type R?

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Long time lurker, first time writer.

I was looking to see what metra had for our cars and I saw the aforementioned dsp with this list of features:

General Features:
  • Includes a DSP (Digital Signal Processor)
  • 31 Band graphic EQ
  • Bass Knob Included
  • 10 individually assignable outputs
  • Independent equalization on each of the 10 outputs
  • Independent high pass, low pass, and bandpass filters
  • Each channel can be delayed independently up to 10ms
  • Clipping detection and limiting circuits
  • Designed for amplified models
  • Amplifier Does Not need to be retained
  • Retains ability to work with SPDIF digitally controlled systems
  • Includes an amp bypass harness
  • Retains level control of subwoofer through the factory radio
  • Settings adjusted via Bluetooth® in a smart device application (tablet or mobile phone), compatible with both Android and Apple devices
  • Read, write, and store configurations for future recall
  • Password protect feature available in the mobile app
  • Micro-B USB updatable
So since amplifier does not need to be retained, does that mean this thing gets a clean signal from the head unit?

Thank you for entertaining my n00b question
That's what it looks like. The Amp unit in our cars contains the DSP, so the Metra unit should be flat, clean digital signal from the head unit.

The box honestly looks awesome, especially at the $240 pricepoint at sonicelectronix.

Full, independent crossover and equalization per channel with a harness to connect amplifiers to the OEM speaker wiring sounds amazing.

I'm eyeballing it, although having to amplify 10 channels seems a little inconvenient and expensive. I've already installed tweeters and woofers on all channels with no crossovers because the OEM system is digitally crossed over. It would be a pain in the ass for me to tear the car apart again to wire in crossovers to reduce the number of channels needing amplification to 6.

Also with how thin the OEM speaker wiring is, it makes sense to keep the tweeters and woofers separate to allow the most power to the woofers.

I just came across this the other day and it seems like the magic box everyone has been looking for.

OP
OP

bernardos70

First Name
Bernardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Exactly!

If that's the case I got an lc.6-1200 arriving Tuesday that'll be perfect for that. The subwoofer control retention in the year unit would be very welcome also, although not sure how that would jive with bass restoration on the amp.

I was able to find the app but it doesn't look like it has a demo mode unfortunately. Here's the link for the android app on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ckt_works.AX_DSP_XL

This is promising. Going to call metra tomorrow to confirm and if the answer is satisfactory I'll be getting it

Last edited:
OP
OP

bernardos70

First Name
Bernardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
This is in the wrong forum, I wonder if mods can move it to the correct one?

I'll do a copy/paste in the correct place and edit/delete it here.
Sponsored

Last edited: