awesome gas mileage with civic hatch

HatchorNada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic Hatch
Is it just me using TOP TIER gas or does this car really YIELD great GAS MILEAGE. Is it the fact that the ECU learns and get smarter or some other magic ferry dust cuz this is just dreamy. I think the fact that I use this Idemitsu 0w-20 engine oil which is all the rage and all they use in Japan along with the fuel dilution, in these small displacement turbos, in unison with the top tier gas. Since the gas gets in the oil, you might as well have the best engineered at both, and not something magical although the results feel like it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

raynist

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Cosmic Blue Civic EX-T Manual
Country flag
I get up to 48-50 mpg on the highway using any gas and the factory oil. These cars just get great mileage if you drive with a light foot. Mine is a 2018 EX-T manual.

rraayy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
I’m at 33mph mixed (lot of traffic when I usually drive) - still loving life as I still spend a fraction (literally, 1/4) of what I used to each month on gas

Oh, and the Hatch Sport is a blast to drive with plenty of storage?! I love this car - so much.

solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6MT
Country flag
42.5 mpg on my last Tampa to Jacksonville trip. It’s actual mpg too, I divided the gallons into the miles after a couple “fill ups”. The dash showed 39.3 overall, but that is just a “average”.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
I get up to 48-50 mpg on the highway using any gas and the factory oil. These cars just get great mileage if you drive with a light foot. Mine is a 2018 EX-T manual.
Same with my LX with any regular gas and 0-20 synt oil and no using eco mode

OP
OP
HatchorNada

HatchorNada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic Hatch
Same with my LX with any regular gas and 0-20 synt oil and no using eco mode
yeah, I was using the 0w-20 syn oil by Honda in conjunction with Shell gasoline but when I changed to Idemitsu oil and Exxon gasoline, the changes were jaw-dropping 5 stars! And the reason I quoted your post and not everyone else's is I get them whether I use Econ mode or not. It is so buttery smooth but my point is it is an economy engine to begin with so Econ mode doesn't mean as much in this venue and platform.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Bottom line, Honda nailed the whole economy/performance equation with the 10th gen Civic. Plenty of power when you need it and hybrid-like mileage cruising on the highway.

Partinrn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6mt
Bottom line, Honda nailed the whole economy/performance equation with the 10th gen Civic. Plenty of power when you need it and hybrid-like mileage cruising on the highway.
Completely off topic GT, but how’s the Hondata? Could that have also been helping in the mpg department?

vidguru

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, 1976 Corvette Stingray, 1969 Firebird
Country flag
Civic SI to and from work 38 miles each way. (34 of the 38 are expressway)

Honda Civic 10th gen awesome gas mileage with civic hatch 20174

Honda Civic 10th gen awesome gas mileage with civic hatch 20171

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
Got 45 mpg on a 200 mile road trip yesterday doing 75-80 mph with AC on, hilly area, regular gas (87 octane), and 2 passengers.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Gas mileage is the main advantage of the turbo. A pocket rocket. If one doesn't care about gas mileage, why even look at a turbo car? I would get a bigger NA engine if I didn't care about gas mileage. Such as the 300 hp Nissan Maxima.

Econ mode will make negligible difference when driving steady on a freeway. If you are lightfooted and trying to hypermile you are already doing most of the job of the econ mode.

OP
OP
HatchorNada

HatchorNada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic Hatch
^this but I knew this from the jump, but in addition to highway mileage, add urban or more city/hwy mileage as just as good. I am getting mid 30s in less pure highway which is my point that I tend to discard or weigh less the average and the extreme in the whole mean, median, mode of data analytics. In city driving, I am getting close to 40 and definitely median 35s. This is where top tier gas and elite full syn oils come in.

Lxvpq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2018 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I previously had the 1.5t coupe with a cvt, got better numbers in City with it but less fun. No mods on both. But surprisingly on the highway with eco on, in the manual hatchback sport on 91oct fuel I ended up burning a little less. I did a 300 km trip on mostly flat very light hills and got 5L/100km which is like 47mpg? For 180 miles I guess... Best I got with the coupe was 5.3L/100km which was still an improvement on my 9th gen which did at best 5.7-5.9L/100km.

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (polished metal)
I’ve only got 600 miles on my ST hatch, and in mostly city driving (20 miles a day, roughly 6 of those are on the hwy) I’m only getting around 25. :( still better than my Jeep at 15.5 average.
Sponsored