xstkx07

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic si
Country flag
Is anyone else having trouble with production times with AWE? I understand the slow down with covid but I’ve been waiting 2 months for my exhaust with no update. I’ve called multiple times now and each time they’ve told me the delay is because of something different. They originally told me it would be done the 15th, then today, and now it’s been moved back to the 5th of next month. There also have been 0 updates to my awe profile on their website about how my exhaust is doing. I’m not usually one to rant like this but on a near $1,500 investment I expected a little more. I was just wondering if anyone is having or has a had a similar experience.
Sponsored

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
Is anyone else having trouble with production times with AWE? I understand the slow down with covid but I’ve been waiting 2 months for my exhaust with no update. I’ve called multiple times now and each time they’ve told me the delay is because of something different. They originally told me it would be done the 15th, then today, and now it’s been moved back to the 5th of next month. There also have been 0 updates to my awe profile on their website about how my exhaust is doing. I’m not usually one to rant like this but on a near $1,500 investment I expected a little more. I was just wondering if anyone is having or has a had a similar experience.
Just be patient. I waited a little over 2 months as well, but at the time I ordered, the world wasn't in as much disarray.

I know it might be hard, but I've currently been waiting 4 months on a set of wheels.

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
I ordered my track edition on black friday and it came in on the first week of Jan. Mind you I'm Canadian so I knew there were delays especially since it was shipped via ground

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Hey Seth, I hear you and I wanted to let you know the wait you are experiencing is both unfortunate and unavoidable. Your choice to invest in AWE is valued, and we will work hard to crank everything out. I believe you've been in touch with our support team here and I feel like what we could have been better with is clear, proactive communication. I can assure you that this is very important to me, and to AWE, as I strive to be super transparent with this community. Give me some time to work through this with my crew, and understand I'm here for you and the CivicX community to make things right.

OP
OP
xstkx07

xstkx07

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic si
Country flag
I ordered my track edition on black friday and it came in on the first week of Jan. Mind you I'm Canadian so I knew there were delays especially since it was shipped via ground
I mean if they know there are delays like you and the guy after you are talking about why aren’t they warning people. Every other site has some warning of some sort about shortages. If it said that I would be waiting that long or if they warned me ahead of time I would be a lot more understanding.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Personally I waited something in the neighborhood of 4 or 6 weeks for mine last summer. The supply chain is affecting all of the aftermarket right now, not just AWE. Be patient.

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
I mean if they know there are delays like you and the guy after you are talking about why aren’t they warning people. Every other site has some warning of some sort about shortages. If it said that I would be waiting that long or if they warned me ahead of time I would be a lot more understanding.
We are working on a full website migration to a new platform that will allow us to have better control over everything including mass updates, etc. Anyone that I speak with directly, I inform them of the current lead times, but when you hit the website and order, you don't receive that info.

Also, there are things that happen with the supply chain that I never even considered until I began working here. Tubing that is drawn slightly out of spec and can't be used (would not bend properly), scratches to components in transit making them unsaleable, suppliers going out of business, raw material supply issues, weather delaying freight. These sound like a bunch of excuses, but sometimes its hard to seemingly get ahead when your clamp supplier runs out of bolts to complete your clamp order, etc.

It sounds like one big step that we need to be taking is interacting with all of the web orders we receive in a more real-time, personal manner. I will bring this up to the Director of Sales and let him know this is needed.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
We are working on a full website migration to a new platform that will allow us to have better control over everything including mass updates, etc. Anyone that I speak with directly, I inform them of the current lead times, but when you hit the website and order, you don't receive that info.

Also, there are things that happen with the supply chain that I never even considered until I began working here. Tubing that is drawn slightly out of spec and can't be used (would not bend properly), scratches to components in transit making them unsaleable, suppliers going out of business, raw material supply issues, weather delaying freight. These sound like a bunch of excuses, but sometimes its hard to seemingly get ahead when your clamp supplier runs out of bolts to complete your clamp order, etc.

It sounds like one big step that we need to be taking is interacting with all of the web orders we receive in a more real-time, personal manner. I will bring this up to the Director of Sales and let him know this is needed.
You sound like a purchasing guy or quality control ?

OP
OP
xstkx07

xstkx07

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic si
Country flag

I really appreciate the response and I apologize for not considering y’all more. I look forward to seeing the new website and customer interaction feature for all us online consumers. Thank you for taking the initiative to better communicate with customers there aren’t many companies who care that way.

B with da R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

B with da R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Order my AWE Track edition on August 20 it went into Production Que on October 16 and still not shipped. Was told 7 to 10 weeks. Going on 12 now

svffr

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 PMM Civic EX, '19 CBP Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Exactly, the supply chain in manufacturing can be volatile, we experience the same conditions at my plant. One month you are good to go with a supplier and then next week you are told it's a 6 month lead time on components when it used to be a few weeks! A lot of companies are effected by this, it sucks!

VTecYoSelfB4UWreckYoSelf

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Country flag
I ordered an AWE from MAPerformance and it shipped same day

Cody FKH8R

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Honestly dude pretty much everyone is having delays. I was very fortunate to have found a company that had one exhaust left in stock. I’ve been thinking wiring for a set of Rays lug nuts for about 3 months just for some perspective. Just gotta be patient bro.
Sponsored