AWE Touring Midpipe vs No Midpipe

SperryCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Looking to get the AWE touring exhaust for my whip. Seen a lot of back and forth about the drone without the Midpipe. I had the touring on the Si and it was perfect. Obviously different car and different engine so won’t weigh that too much. Just trying to see if people have experience with and without the Midpipe and if it’s really worth the extra money. With the pro of removing the drone, does adding the Midpipe have any cons to the overall sound? FWIW I only take her out once maybe twice a week, I can handle some drone if it means it sounds better under spirited driving.
Sponsored

Knightof0

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP CTR, 2015 Mitsubishi EVO X MR, 2016 Toyota Rav4
Country flag
I've only had the Touring with the midpipe, I will say that with it the midpipe drops the center clearance by around an inch? so if you going over speed bumps and your lowered you'll likely scrap it if you're not careful.

OP
OP
SperryCTR

SperryCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I've only had the Touring with the midpipe, I will say that with it the midpipe drops the center clearance by around an inch? so if you going over speed bumps and your lowered you'll likely scrap it if you're not careful.
Yeah I’ve seen that reported by a few ppl. Fortunately I’m not lowered and don’t really plan to be so I’m not too worried about that 👍🏻
Sponsored