Civictyperyuko

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic type r
Country flag
In percentages how loud are they compared to eachother? Like stock dp being 100% , catted would be 125% ect..? Thank you
Sponsored

Glassjaw121986

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si
Country flag
Did you just install yours? Once broken in, it will get a little better. You’ll still have the echo/ringing sound around cruising speeds though. I recommend removing the trunk spare parts and putting on noico sound deadeners. It reduces the sound SIGNIFCANTLY. I love the exhaust even more now. Message me if you’re interested in doing that... compliments to repyT!
BC0E1759-2C8C-410A-8EC0-8D370DBC9C1F.jpeg

you want a layer like this and another layer of 150mm noico red
Hey Bro sorry to bother you, Any idea how much material you needed to do the trunk? I don't want to buy 5 square feet and be super short but also don't want to buy $100 worth and have a ton of leftovers. Thanks

Res0zsfa

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona N, CTR, G35 (sold), 01 s2k, 370z (sold)
Country flag
Hey Bro sorry to bother you, Any idea how much material you needed to do the trunk? I don't want to buy 5 square feet and be super short but also don't want to buy $100 worth and have a ton of leftovers. Thanks
Mmm I think 5ft may be cuttin it short. Is there like a 10ft? Better to have some left over for other projects. For me, ordered the 36sq ft and 18sq ft deadeners and so many were left over.

Glassjaw121986

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si
Country flag
Mmm I think 5ft may be cuttin it short. Is there like a 10ft? Better to have some left over for other projects. For me, ordered the 36sq ft and 18sq ft deadeners and so many were left over.
From what I found there is 5 and 36 of course lol. It's all good, if it cost me $100 and it actually makes a noticeable difference in drone then it's worth every penny. I have 2 other choices. Duel phase midpipe for $500 from AWE and have no idea if it actually works or welding in a vibrant resonator. Worth trying this first for sure.

Res0zsfa

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona N, CTR, G35 (sold), 01 s2k, 370z (sold)
Country flag
From what I found there is 5 and 36 of course lol. It's all good, if it cost me $100 and it actually makes a noticeable difference in drone then it's worth every penny. I have 2 other choices. Duel phase midpipe for $500 from AWE and have no idea if it actually works or welding in a vibrant resonator. Worth trying this first for sure.
Yeah, I’ve contemplated getting the dual phase as well since I’m going to be keeping this car for a long time. The only thing holding me back is spending up to 1700 dollars total with that set up. Maybe there will be more options when the new type r comes out. Good luck to you though 👍🏼

MS3-FK8

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FK8
Country flag
So the only thing that really helped with the drone was adding 2 additional resonators. Yes I have sound insulation in the trunk too. Save your money with AWE midpipe and just add a pair of resonators. I had a shop weld them in and I have ZERO drone even now with a catless downpipe, yes it gets loud at high rpm’s but ZERO drone

1st resonator is 5” round body and 2nd resonator is 4” round body. Hope this helps.

Honda Civic 10th gen AWE Exhaust for Civic Type R - Comparison of Stock DP / Catted DP/ Catless DP DA4137D5-F05F-416F-8725-8A90C798CADE

Honda Civic 10th gen AWE Exhaust for Civic Type R - Comparison of Stock DP / Catted DP/ Catless DP 8FDCBD1B-93B3-41EE-B005-A0FCCE2A31AB

Last edited:

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
We added it as an additional option for cars running downpipes. While we can’t account for every DP manufacturer's materials, cell count, etc. we implemented our 180 Technology® into the mid-pipe to help kill the overly-raucous frequencies produced when having a DP in the mix. Of pretty important note, our patented 180 Technology® does not utilize packing material in the resonators (at all), and are (literally) straight-through from inlet to outlet.

It’s not designed to muffle your Civic to only be heard at high RPM.

When developing the DualPhase mid, the same DP was used from our initial exhaust development which was a catted unit from PRL. Hope this helps, and feel free to PM me :)

Glassjaw121986

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si
Country flag
We added it as an additional option for cars running downpipes. While we can’t account for every DP manufacturer's materials, cell count, etc. we implemented our 180 Technology® into the mid-pipe to help kill the overly-raucous frequencies produced when having a DP in the mix. Of pretty important note, our patented 180 Technology® does not utilize packing material in the resonators (at all), and are (literally) straight-through from inlet to outlet.

It’s not designed to muffle your Civic to only be heard at high RPM.

When developing the DualPhase mid, the same DP was used from our initial exhaust development which was a catted unit from PRL. Hope this helps, and feel free to PM me :)
Thanks for the reply, It's much appreciated. It's actually the route I'm going. I talked to the owner of Unity Performance last night and he had nothing but great things to say about it. He had the midpipe on his FK8 and vouched that it works really well. I definitely didn't want to hack up my exhaust but was hesitant to spend $500 to find out it didn't cut down the drone enough but I'm pretty convinced at this point that it will. I have the Catted PRL downpipe as well.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Thanks for the reply, It's much appreciated. It's actually the route I'm going. I talked to the owner of Unity Performance last night and he had nothing but great things to say about it. He had the midpipe on his FK8 and vouched that it works really well. I definitely didn't want to hack up my exhaust but was hesitant to spend $500 to find out it didn't cut down the drone enough but I'm pretty convinced at this point that it will. I have the Catted PRL downpipe as well.
Nice to see you on here, Matt :)

Noseknowsall

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hi y'all, total newbie but just installed awe touring on stock downpipe (no midpipe) and it's a lot louder than I expected, not great for my toddler. Love the tone but don't like the drone/resonation at 2.5-3k rpm. I've seen some ppl mention packing the trunk with insulation vs installing a resonator vs buying the dual phase midpipe , curious what your thoughts would be for next steps.
Sponsored

Last edited: