Avoid Tolls in Google maps on android auto

gmshaikh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, Corolla, Passo
Hello Everyone,

When I use google maps through android auto on my dash screen i can see not option in settings to avoid tolls. even though i have set to avoid tolls on mobile app but when a search for any location through android auto it only shows me route will tolls.

Can any one tell me how to set this?

Thanks
Sponsored

NiGHTS4EVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
paseo
Once you've typed in an address and tapped navigate you'll see the route overview window. At the top of that window you'll see a gear icon, tap that and you'll have your toll options there.

zan5hin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hi, I don't own the new Civic (which only came out recently in Australia) but I am looking to get one. Am very interested in avoiding tolls in Android Auto (which I have never used except during test drive).

I just want to let you know, that if you are running the beta version of Google Maps, you can now say "Ok Google, Avoid Tolls" without having to go to the menu. I have been using this feature since it came out three weeks ago and it really worked great for me today, I avoided a clogged toll road, and a clogged freeway and took backstreets and made my trip really fast.

Not sure if it works with Android Auto, and this feature may now be in the proper version of Google Maps, so feel free to let me know how it goes.

http://www.androidauthority.com/goo...custom-lists-local-guides-v-9-36-beta-713539/

NiGHTS4EVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
paseo
Hi, I don't own the new Civic (which only came out recently in Australia) but I am looking to get one. Am very interested in avoiding tolls in Android Auto (which I have never used except during test drive).

I just want to let you know, that if you are running the beta version of Google Maps, you can now say "Ok Google, Avoid Tolls" without having to go to the menu. I have been using this feature since it came out three weeks ago and it really worked great for me today, I avoided a clogged toll road, and a clogged freeway and took backstreets and made my trip really fast.

Not sure if it works with Android Auto, and this feature may now be in the proper version of Google Maps, so feel free to let me know how it goes.

http://www.androidauthority.com/goo...custom-lists-local-guides-v-9-36-beta-713539/
I'll try it next time I'm on the highway. Good info though!

eXultanCe

eXult
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag

I really hope this one works, because having to stop the car to change route settings sucks.

NiGHTS4EVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
paseo
Just to update everyone, it does work. Once you get into Android Auto, press and hold the Voice Rec button, and say it, it works instantly.
Does it work even after you've started a destination?

zan5hin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None