Average Fuel Economy?

PaperWingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WOP Civic EX-T
Country flag
Has anyone found a way to see the vehicle's lifetime average fuel economy? The only two options I see are looking at the average fuel economy for trip A and trip B. When going into the info screen it only shows previous trip A averages with no mention of a lifetime average.

As of right now I haven't reset my trip B readings since I bought the car a few weeks ago so I suppose I could just permanently leave it like that as a way to keep track of the lifetime average but I was just wondering if anyone else has found a way to display it?
Sponsored

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
Has anyone found a way to see the vehicle's lifetime average fuel economy? The only two options I see are looking at the average fuel economy for trip A and trip B. When going into the info screen it only shows previous trip A averages with no mention of a lifetime average.

As of right now I haven't reset my trip B readings since I bought the car a few weeks ago so I suppose I could just permanently leave it like that as a way to keep track of the lifetime average but I was just wondering if anyone else has found a way to display it?
There might be something buried in the diagnostic menu, but the the trip computer only stores the current and the last 3 values since reset.

Fuelly.com is a pretty handy website for tracking this yourself. Takes about 30 seconds to enter the data while you fill up.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I use a combo of Fuelly and Trip B. Not the most elegant solution, but it works.

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Cosmic Blue, 2014 Mazda CX-5
Just FYI, I had a CR-Z with trip B and it does reset after a while so it won't always be there. I think maybe 10,000 miles or so but I don't quite remember.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just FYI, I had a CR-Z with trip B and it does reset after a while so it won't always be there. I think maybe 10,000 miles or so but I don't quite remember.
I thought this would be the case as well, but I just crossed over 10k this weekend and the MPG did *not* reset, good news going forward.

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Use fuelly, or get a little notebook to keep in the console. When you fill up, write it down. I use to do that before there was fuelly.com or an average mpg meter.
Sponsored