First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan EX - Agean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Check this out guys! it enables the Honda civic to be driven like a Tesla with autopilot with a few parts and free software! Awesome stuff!

Sponsored

chestypuller

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag
damn thats awesome! i was just talking to my wife about if there was anyone that hacked that steering input warning on the civic so it could steer and cruise automatic longer on the highway.

kirkhilles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Cosmic Blue
Yep, it's still pretty early on and it should be noted that you have to have Sensing for it (so like it wouldn't work on my 2016 EX-T, but would work on a 2018 Accord LX).

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Pretty cool.

Depending on your make/model ACC is either handled by openpilot or the stock system. And for the hatch it uses the stock system, which is good for my wallet since I would be a lot more tempted if openpilot handled ACC (in theory could be a lot more refined than the stock ACC).

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The current consumer automated features are like letting your legally blind cousin drive you around. I wouldn’t recommend it.
Yeah. Driving a car is the most dangerous thing most any of us do... even those of us with jobs with a bit more inherent risk. I sure won’t ever try it.

It is cool that the existing hardware on the car is capable of some semblance of auto drive, with some help. Without extensive testing by someone with deep pockets who would be liable if the system isn’t 100% reliable, I wouldn’t touch it with a 10-foot pole... so my first auto driving car will inevitably be released from the factory by a manufacturer... and not as an add-on for a “legacy” car.
Sponsored