rambrosi

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic
Country flag
A light came on that stated "Cruise mode" and underneath that where the distance lines normally appeared it was blank. If I hadn't caught that I would have rear ended someone because I rely on that feature all of the time. The entire system became totally inoperable until I uninstalled the software. The fact is that the radar option was turned off by the software. How I don't know but all I know is that if this happened on my 2020 civic sport it can happen to others as well. You better look into this. I paid 25.00 for something that I don't even use on top of it. I am a Commercial Pilot and I know electronic systems well. The software has a bug in it and is very dangerous to the unwary. The developer of course denied it is the software.
Sponsored

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
What is “autohack”? I don’t think I seen anyone ever mention it here before. You’re going to have elaborate

OP
OP

rambrosi

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic
Country flag
It is a popular software feature for the HUD

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
The only issues I seen in my head unit is unplugging and plugging in the iPhone multiple times breaks CarPlay. I’m required to restart the head unit to get it working again. The CarPlay issue is not a Honda hack bug. It happens on stock units. It’s getting to the point where I’m about to complain to Honda about the issue. Your issue is a Honda software bug like mine

Civii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
The only issues I seen in my head unit is unplugging and plugging in the iPhone multiple times breaks CarPlay. I’m required to restart the head unit to get it working again. The CarPlay issue is not a Honda hack bug. It happens on stock units. It’s getting to the point where I’m about to complain to Honda about the issue. Your issue is a Honda software bug like mine
That was happening with me and it was the cable. The end was bent and the end cover had a hairline crack, so randomly if the cable was moved it would disconnect.

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
That was happening with me and it was the cable. The end was bent and the end cover had a hairline crack, so randomly if the cable was moved it would disconnect.
I don’t experience disconnections. My issue is when plugging and unplugging a random number of times, the unit simply refuses to connect to CarPlay until I force reset it. Then it connects back. Honda hack or no. It’s not my cable because my phone is still charging and flipping the cable doesn’t fix it. I even tried restarting my iPhone. Still refuses to activate CarPlay. Restarting the unit in my case is the only way.

EdwarDallas

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I'm having this same issue. The cord will sometimes charge my phone, but CarPlay is not activated.

NixChixFix

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I don’t experience disconnections. My issue is when plugging and unplugging a random number of times, the unit simply refuses to connect to CarPlay until I force reset it. Then it connects back. Honda hack or no. It’s not my cable because my phone is still charging and flipping the cable doesn’t fix it. I even tried restarting my iPhone. Still refuses to activate CarPlay. Restarting the unit in my case is the only way.
I'm having this same issue. The cord will sometimes charge my phone, but CarPlay is not activated.
Holy moly. I thought I was the only one having this issue, but with Android Auto. Only way to get it working again is to either toggle the Bluetooth from my phone or do a full headunit restart. Every couple of days, this happens to me.

Sorry to derail topic OP lol

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
Holy moly. I thought I was the only one having this issue, but with Android Auto. Only way to get it working again is to either toggle the Bluetooth from my phone or do a full headunit restart. Every couple of days, this happens to me.

Sorry to derail topic OP lol
Toggling Bluetooth off and on? Didn’t think the Bluetooth would fix the issue when it plays zero factor with CarPlay/Android Auto. I’ll have try it to see if it reduces the problem on iPhones.

NixChixFix

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Toggling Bluetooth off and on? Didn’t think the Bluetooth would fix the issue when it plays zero factor with CarPlay/Android Auto. I’ll have try it to see if it reduces the problem on iPhones.
Yeah, anytime my Android Auto acts up, it sees that it's connected with the cable but if I hit the icon it says "Connecting to Bluetooth". I think It uses both bluetooth and the hardwire to connect. I have no clue how much bandwidth Android Auto needs but seeing as fully wireless Android Auto is still relatively new on most cars, it might be using both.
Sponsored