apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 23 Integra aspec MT
Country flag
We have the specific GS and DS setup threads so lets have a video sharing section!

Both GS and DS videos welcome along with any other classes these civic making it in like STU and STH!!

Feel free to post videos along with any info you would like to share!

Let have fun this season!
Sponsored

bcskelly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here's my best lap at autocross yesterday. Wasn't exactly smooth as you'll hear my all seasons complaining the whole way, but the lap was good enough to beat a GTI that I kept jockeying places with. :)

I'm pretty new to autocross so I don't mind constructive criticism if anyone has some!

Also I was playing around with Harry LapTimer, which didn't auto start/stop nor map quite right, though it's still a cool app.

OP
OP
apexit53

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here's my best lap at autocross yesterday. Wasn't exactly smooth as you'll hear my all seasons complaining the whole way, but the lap was good enough to beat a GTI that I kept jockeying places with. :)

I'm pretty new to autocross so I don't mind constructive criticism if anyone has some!

Also I was playing around with Harry LapTimer, which didn't auto start/stop nor map quite right, though it's still a cool app.

Awesome! It always makes it fun when you have similar competition to play with!

Hmm as far as constructive criticisms, the one thing I noticed was the slaloms. They could be a little smoother. it looked like you would get through one slalom cone the turn sharp to make the next rather than trying to make it one smooth transition.. that may not make sense

I was trying to find one of my videos to explain it better but..

Either way man stick with it, keep having fun and keep learning!

OP
OP
apexit53

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Video from Saturdays event in Iowa. Car was a bit of a handful at first with the cold weather, new tires and just overall getting used to it! had some good runs but kept getting quicker but hitting cones, had to find the edges of this thing lol. My last run I was able to lay down a 53.7, enough for top pax, top raw and top DS time.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Detroit Region season opener was this past weekend. True to form the weather was shit and high of 37 with rain the entire day. Made for a pretty bad day to autoX. Not much options on tires with RE71R mounted and my DD wheels being 18s(and thus not DS legal) I chose to run the REs. 275/245 stagger also means the car was pretty loose and also not at all able to put power down. Between that and cone trouble I think we were just participants....

This is definitely not the fast run but just maybe the more interesting one to look at. The mic got pretty wet so the sound is pretty muffled...

My Codriver's fastest run. As you can see he has the patience to just tickle the throttle and ran an OK time but we were pretty far off...

Top PAX car was a stock GS GTI on all seasons, so I guess that was pretty telling....FTD was a F30 335xi on PS4Ss....

Hope for better weather next time out I guess...

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
First concrete event of the year in 40-50f weather but sunny and dry. Finished 2nd in Pro Street tires index class for NWOR SCCA. Pretty far back from the winning STX car in the same index class and ended up a tenth off open DS winning Evo. Still getting used to the car and driving Bridgestone again though.

EDIT: 12th out of 179 on Pax, better than expected....

Last edited:
OP
OP
apexit53

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

event from this Saturday. this club has different rules than the m=normal scca stuff so I was placed in a prepared class(with a DS car) and the don't run a PAX.

that said I still ended up 3rd overall behind an STX car that took FTD and and an STR car. Pretty happy with that. car needs some adjusting for my next event next weekend.

slvrsrpnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Yellow SI Coupe
Country flag
Did my 1st AutoX in the new Si today (odometer turned 1000 miles en route to the airstrip.) Just a bit of a difference from my previous car.
Had a good time, and won't be able to make another session until September. I just used the free Track Addict and a windshield mount. I miss my PDR from the 1LE!

OP
OP
apexit53

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sorry for the bad angle on my fast run so I included my 2nd fastest run as well. Car was a lot of fun but quite tail happy and couldn't put a lot of the power down as you can hear. still was a good day!!

slvrsrpnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Yellow SI Coupe
Country flag
Looking great, I turn too late and too much! Squeel alot. I need to smooth things out and go faster. Still fun a good day!

destoups

First Name
Des
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Country flag

Clearly my windshield mounted tablet isn't going to work long-term for video. I'll stick GoPro on the windshield and jam the tablet between the seats going forward.

First time I've used SoloStorm as a solo driver. In this run, the f*ck! at the end is because it was a great run with a big screwup; the data confirm it: Lost 7/10 at the pivot just before the finish, more than enough to catch Mr. Otis in his FoRS for competition runs.

Vrruumm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
This is from the event in Cincy today. Finished 1st in Street Open(GS PAX) and 4th overall in PAX. Even though this was my fastest run, I was down 0.3s in the 1st sector from my previous run.
Sponsored