Civicturboed

First Name
Yussuf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport 2019
Country flag
My auto driver front window won’t work. Going down there’s no problem, but when I auto roll the window up, it comes right back down. In addition I see that my window is crooked and wobbles a bit. If I manually put up the window by holding the button it goes up. I went to the dealer and they said to look at it they would charge $150 and it might/might not be covered under warranty depending on whether it’s a manufacturer error or my fault for having tinted windows installed on it. I don’t wanna pay $150 just for them to look at the car and the on top of that maybe paying for the repair if they deem it ‘my fault’. Has anyone had any problem/ solution like this? I have a 2019 Civic Hatch Sport
Sponsored

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah what he said^

but also odd that the dealer isn't covering it.. that's a very common problem on our platform and I've gotten it fixed twice before at the dealer when I had to go in for some other stuff, they understood right away what the problem was and didn't ask any questions and covered it all. Might be time to look for another dealer lol

OP
OP

Civicturboed

First Name
Yussuf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport 2019
Country flag
Yeah what he said^

but also odd that the dealer isn't covering it.. that's a very common problem on our platform and I've gotten it fixed twice before at the dealer when I had to go in for some other stuff, they understood right away what the problem was and didn't ask any questions and covered it all. Might be time to look for another dealer lol
Yea, once I knew he mentioned how it might/might not be covered I knew he was trying to scam me out of $150. I put WD40 in it but it didn’t solve the problem, I’m gonna try the silicone spray, thanks!

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
The master window switch needs to relearn the "up" and "down" locations. With the key in the "ON" position, hold the drivers window switch in the full down/auto down position, continue to hold for 3 seconds when the window reaches the bottom and stops. Now go full up in the full up/auto up position, wait til the window gets all the top and hold the switch for an additional 3 seconds.

Try the auto function now after the relearn. If it still doesn't work you will need to do the full procedure to relearn the master window switch positions. This is a position learn issue, not a run channel issue.

rileyj98

First Name
riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe
Country flag
I work at a dealer and any diag even with warranty they have to tell you it may or may not be covered, it’s not a scam lol cause if it is not a warrantable defect they still have to charge labour as the technician is flat rate so they only get paid on jobs they work on if you go to any dealer it will be the same situation, I have had customers get pissed about it even though 98% of the time it is covered under warranty but there are the few odd ones that won’t get covered and cust. Will be paying diag time. Had one person with a civic under warranty for the rear defrost inoperable and the cause was it was unplugged from Tint being installed. Not a warrantable defect so we had to charge for diag as an example

OP
OP

Civicturboed

First Name
Yussuf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport 2019
Country flag
I work at a dealer and any diag even with warranty they have to tell you it may or may not be covered, it’s not a scam lol cause if it is not a warrantable defect they still have to charge labour as the technician is flat rate so they only get paid on jobs they work on if you go to any dealer it will be the same situation, I have had customers get pissed about it even though 98% of the time it is covered under warranty but there are the few odd ones that won’t get covered and cust. Will be paying diag time. Had one person with a civic under warranty for the rear defrost inoperable and the cause was it was unplugged from Tint being installed. Not a warrantable defect so we had to charge for diag as an example
Yea but tbh the dealers can easily not cover any warranty issue just because I have an aftermarket tint they can make any claim they want right?

rileyj98

First Name
riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe
Country flag
Yea but tbh the dealers can easily not cover any warranty issue just because I have an aftermarket tint they can make any claim they want right?
I’m not 100% sure but I don’t see how tint would affect a window going up and down that seems ridiculous to me haha. The window not going up with the auto up is only cause of two reasons though, the window senses something in the way on the way up that’s causing more power to move it up like the run channel and then it goes back down to prevent it from squishing something or the “learned” position is farther then the max of the window it’s self. I can find the reset for the window switch through Honda and post it on here and then it will need to be relearned and if it is still having issues after that then it is most likely the rubber run channel it’s self
Sponsored