Auto theft security brand names on stock 2018 civic si

What do you think about insurance companies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
First Name
Arran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
My boyfriend and I own 2018 civic si. He is now a high risk driver because the car is so fun to drive. Trying to find best insurance companies and brand names of the stock auto theft security systems. We are one car family and the new policy is expensive. He has to sign consent form stating he will not drive or sit in driver seat. He has a kid and needs to drive. Any suggestions ? I heard TD car insurance maybe a possibility? Please I need all the help I can get. Can't afford $460 and $1000 down payment. Insurance seem like a scam. Before this car only had one no fault accident and my record is good.
Sponsored

aymehr

Ari
First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
check out costco... they have special rate for their members through their affiliates.

NHWhite2019SI

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI sedan, 1997 Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
Hold on....your insurance is $460 dollars a month? Holy shit thatā€™s high! I pay $156 a month for full coverage on a 2018 CRV EX and my 2019 Civic SI through Geico. I had to put 0 down also. High risk or not, that seems excessively high. Iā€™d quote out a bunch of different companies and then contact a few ā€œmom and popā€ insurance brokers to find someone not bending you over the hood of your new Civic. Good luck!

OP
OP
Nice&WhiteSi2018
First Name
Arran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
Our first policy was around $150 until all the incidents happened. They cancelled that policy and offered this crazy expensive one. We haven't agreed to except this outrageous offer. Called other companies and they said basically we are f***ked. I heard TD car insurance might be affordable(ish). One of their questions is about auto theft security systems on the car. Does anyone know what brands this car has? Tracking system, Immobilizer etc .

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
1) Sorry about the insurance issues..It sounds like there is a lot more background baggage than you are sharing. And yes, its not uncommon for either a) the ins co to drop you if you have a large claim or b) raise your rates. They are in business to make money. You have cost them money. They essentially want it back. I would imagine any other companies search a database for your driving record, see the history, and adjust accordingly.
2) As I understand it, you are ok, but your boyfriend causes a rate issue? - How much would it be if it was just you?
3) The us market Si does come listed with a "security system" and "factory immobilizer" but I can't find any more specifics about the features of the items. They are factory equipped. The insurance company should know that when the pull the VIN data.

OP
OP
Nice&WhiteSi2018
First Name
Arran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
Thanks for the reply. Not much more too say. My boyfriend had some bad luck this year. One at fault and 2 speeding tickets and 1 he ran a red light / speeding. He was caught by a camera.

Is there any way I can be primary driver and he can be occasional driver? Or I just get insurance and he just drives rarely. We don't want to sign the exclusion contract. Anyone else a high risk driver with any info on cheap insurance companies in Ontario ?

I really need a life saver out there in the civic world.

Thank you

Last edited:

NHWhite2019SI

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI sedan, 1997 Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
Even if you tell the insurance company he is an occasional driver, they will quote him on the insurance regardless of time, at least for what Iā€™ve seen. New Hampshire doesnā€™t require insurance to drive a car on ā€œpublicā€ streets, however the RSAā€™s (what we call our laws) state you must have enough liquid capital to pay for any damages you are deemed as causing (basically accidents or incidents you are found to be at fault). Now I donā€™t know if you have this in your state but in NH there is a something called a SR-22. It is usually used when you cause an accident and canā€™t pay, you drive drunk and/or high and get caught, or cause serious bodily injury to another. This insures the individual (and not just the vehicle) regardless of what mode of transportation they drive. This may be a way around the high insurance if your state accepts them and is cost effective.
Also, I donā€™t know if this is the case anymore, but years ago if a person you allowed to drive your car but doesnā€™t live with you, they are covered automatically by your insurance. If your boyfriend doesnā€™t live with you, Iā€™d look at the policy and see if he would be covered.
Good luck with this. Yesterday I just sped out of a ticket that surely would have jacked my insurance up (30+ MPH over the limit). I know the pain.

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
I would say that perhaps the BF needs to work on his driving habits and credit in order to achieve the goal of better auto insurance. Thatā€™s the best advice I have.
It can take a long while for that to happen as driving records can stick 3-5yrs depending on the infraction.

OP
OP
Nice&WhiteSi2018
First Name
Arran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
I wish my boyfriend would drive better. I'm tired of telling him too slow down or don't run that yellow light. All I can think of is he got his license later life so he still in the 'teenage stage' of driving. I received mine around 18 to 20. I drive like an old lady. I follow the rules of the road to the best of my ability. I just wish insurance companies were for the people and not the money. I'm afraid of calling them and pray that I never get in an accidnet. I shouldn't feel like this. Insurance is there for accidents and mistakes. Maybe they should go after the people who are scamming them . Pretending they are hurt and off work for years. We work everyday 8 to 12 hours 5 to 7 days a week.
I would say that perhaps the BF needs to work on his driving habits and credit in order to achieve the goal of better auto insurance. Thatā€™s the best advice I have.
It can take a long while for that to happen as driving records can stick 3-5yrs depending on the infraction.
He is a good driver but he went from a shitty car to a Honda civic si. I even have a hard time not speeding. The car is awesome to drive. We have been good drivers for ever but sometimes life shits on you. Maybe every year you don't get in trouble you should get a percentage back or leniency when you do mess up. We are human after all.

Does anyone have actual info about a good insurance company? If you are only going to reply about my BF's driving habits please keep it to yourself. I'm stressed to the max and I only need help. He knows what he did was wrong and stupid. Telling me he needs to be a better driver is unnecessary. I already know, I live with him. Should we sign the exclusion agreement or should I just get insurance and he can drive rarely?
Sorry for sounding bitchy I do appreciate the replies.
Thank you ā˜ŗ

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
If it will bankrupt you to have the BF on the insurance policy then guess what, BF is off the policy and finds Uber/public trans/Bicycle to get his ass around.. Preserve your own finances, especially if only living together (unless Canada has common law)... Its a tough life lesson. And it sucks.. but it might be the best cure?

I am sure you have plenty of TV/internet ads etc about "cheap car insurance" where you live.

His driving record is the issue.. and I hope the BF is actively looking for a solution. If its only YOU looking for the solution, the best one might be to ditch the BF.

If you both joint own the car.. then the Exclusion policy sounds like the better alternative.

OP
OP
Nice&WhiteSi2018
First Name
Arran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
If it will bankrupt you to have the BF on the insurance policy then guess what, BF is off the policy and finds Uber/public trans/Bicycle to get his ass around.. Preserve your own finances, especially if only living together (unless Canada has common law)... Its a tough life lesson. And it sucks.. but it might be the best cure?

I am sure you have plenty of TV/internet ads etc about "cheap car insurance" where you live.

His driving record is the issue.. and I hope the BF is actively looking for a solution. If its only YOU looking for the solution, the best one might be to ditch the BF.

If you both joint own the car.. then the Exclusion policy sounds like the better alternative.
Thank you for your reply. I'm not going to break up with my boyfriend over this. You don't know us or what we have gone through. If everytime something bad happend in a relationship and your answer is too ditch your partner then have fun being lonely for the rest of your life. I was hoping someone would help me out with a good insurance company, now I have realized that is not going to happen.

Thanks for nothing,
Hope everyone who said anything negative will become a high-risk driver.

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
Thank you for your reply. I'm not going to break up with my boyfriend over this. You don't know us or what we have gone through. If everytime something bad happend in a relationship and your answer is too ditch your partner then have fun being lonely for the rest of your life. I was hoping someone would help me out with a good insurance company, now I have realized that is not going to happen.

Thanks for nothing,
Hope everyone who said anything negative will become a high-risk driver.

You are in a shitty situation and having a bad time. There is no magic cure all.. The state requires you to have insurance. The companies have said that the high risk driver is going to cost you $ xxxx amount of money. Your choices are limited and they all seem to suck. Go banktrupt paying for insurance. Keep your insurance but sign the exclusion clause. Go without insurance. Make a decision for the BF to find alternate means of getting around.. whether its you driving him, or he walks/bikes/buses/ubers.

OP
OP
Nice&WhiteSi2018
First Name
Arran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
You are in a shitty situation and having a bad time. There is no magic cure all.. The state requires you to have insurance. The companies have said that the high risk driver is going to cost you $ xxxx amount of money. Your choices are limited and they all seem to suck. Go banktrupt paying for insurance. Keep your insurance but sign the exclusion clause. Go without insurance. Make a decision for the BF to find alternate means of getting around.. whether its you driving him, or he walks/bikes/buses/ubers.
Luckily we work at the same place and on the same shift. We make decent $ so I'm not worried about bankruptcy. Thank Gosh. Money will be tight but we will survive. I'm just looking for guidance or knowledge of a decent and honest insurance company in Ontario Canada. If I have to drive for the next three years that is not a huge problem. I'm am worried about the exclusion agreement. I'm thinking I'll just get insurance on my own.
Thank you ā˜ŗ

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Iā€™m with Pembridge insurance, thru PC insurance brokers. $1,350/year with clean record. I got a small discount because our other cars are covered by them too. I checked TD, and their rates were $1,800. As far as decent and honest; I doubt any are.
Call up PC insurance and see what they have to say. They have a pool of a dozen or so companies to choose from
Sponsored