Auto Rev Match Question

Hungryhippo96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3, E92 M3, 991.2 GT3 (incoming)
Country flag
Is there a certain RPM the car needs to see to initiate the auto rev match? I notice sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesn't. I can rev match myself, but when I'm expecting it doesn't do it I'm kind of in limbo land.

PS. How do I turn it off? lol
Sponsored

MonkeyBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #680 CW, 2011 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
Is there a certain RPM the car needs to see to initiate the auto rev match? I notice sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesn't. I can rev match myself, but when I'm expecting it doesn't do it I'm kind of in limbo land.

PS. How do I turn it off? lol
It seems to not do it when the rpms are low, but ive noticed the same thing. Switching to +R seems to make it do it reguardless.

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It will always rev match if you are down shifting & the transmission speed is faster than the engine speed. If the transmission speed is slower than the engine speed of the gear you are shifting into, it will not blip the throttle as there is no need. Like Monkey said, if the RPM's are way low, it won't rev match.

I have to say, I love the rev match feature on the CTR. I can down shift like a pro now, much better than I was able to do with my own heel/toe. I was never able to master seamless manual rev matching on my own.

Onyx_901

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Personally, I found the rev match to be annoying, especially when downshifting to slow down. I turned mine off...you can turn it off through the infotainment system. I believe its somewhere under vehicle settings.
Sponsored