auto insurance during covid 19

Mae22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatch Sport Touring Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
Meza, AZ had bicycle congestion too? I tell you what tho, it was much more civilized and pleasant to cycle in my city before 10-15 years ago. Greg Lemond and Lance got me hook on cycling and unfortunately, they also got lots of other aholes hooked. lol... Back then, people single file on traffic lights and yell out when they're passing you. I was cycling in the city a couple years ago, and aholes were going left and right of me at stop light. Ironically, it was safer to cycle before they put in all these bike lanes. Now I hear lots of car hitting cyclist, cyclist hitting cyclist, and cyclist hitting people.

And this pandemic just bring out the worst of all people. I see people running red-lights. People passing me between parked cars on one lane traffic in 25 MPH Zone. Crazy!

And actually, my insurance company raised my insurance after my initial 6-month policy. When asked why, they said it was because their cost of doing business in my area went up because of all the looting that happened.
This wasn't exactly what you'd think of as an experienced bicyclist...this was an uninsured, mostly-homeless-but-staying-with-relatives dude with a federal record riding his bike down the wrong side of the street, and running a red light. He then got up after causing over $8000 worth of damage to my car and ran from the scene. I posted the link to the whole story in another post in this thread, it's quite comical looking back now. They only even caught him because there happened to be a cop behind me when it happened, and he chased him down the street as he tried to run off...

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Anything more than minimum Insurance is never needed until you need it!
PS - Most minimum state auto liability insurance does NOT cover you out of state or in Canada.

Just get the coverage you want and be done with it.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Anything more than minimum Insurance is never needed until you need it!
Amen to that. PA minimum is $5000 property coverage. That probably won't even cover a scratch on a Mercedes. lol...

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This wasn't exactly what you'd think of as an experienced bicyclist...this was an uninsured, mostly-homeless-but-staying-with-relatives dude with a federal record riding his bike down the wrong side of the street, and running a red light. He then got up after causing over $8000 worth of damage to my car and ran from the scene. I posted the link to the whole story in another post in this thread, it's quite comical looking back now. They only even caught him because there happened to be a cop behind me when it happened, and he chased him down the street as he tried to run off...
He was probably one of those fools that blows thru stop lights without stopping or slowing down. I see more and more of those morons in my city and I shake my head every time I see one. In my prime years, I use to only slowing down before I blow thru a red light and not gonna lie, I had a few close calls because sometimes it's hard to judge perpendicular traffic. Now I mostly stop at a red light unless it's a really small intersection in which case, I'll slow down then blow thru.

Last edited:

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
He was probably one of those fools that blows thru stop lights without stopping or slowing down. I see more and more of those morons in my city and I shake my head every time I see one. In my prime years, I use to only slowing down before I blow thru a red light and not gonna lie, I had a few close calls because sometimes it's hard to judge perpendicular traffic. Now I mostly stop at a red light unless it's a really small intersection in which case, I'll slow down then blow thru.
The problem with bikers is they want to be able to ride their bikes alongside traffic but not adhere to traffic laws but the moment they are inconvenienced they cry about how theyre entitled to be able to share the road with vehicles. and or have the right of way. Well guess what buddy, plenty of cyclists in the cemetery had the right of way too.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The problem with bikers is they want to be able to ride their bikes alongside traffic but not adhere to traffic laws but the moment they are inconvenienced they cry about how theyre entitled to be able to share the road with vehicles. and or have the right of way. Well guess what buddy, plenty of cyclists in the cemetery had the right of way too.
Damn I hope you're not *that* guy I see sometimes pass a cyclist real close just to make a point.

Believe it or not. Most cyclists do adhere to all traffic laws. And in some states, it's ok for a cyclist to treat stop lights as stop signs. And many cyclists would actually rather ride on the sidewalk than sharing the road with motor vehicles, but that would be unfair to pedestrians and it's also illegal.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Damn I hope you're not *that* guy I see sometimes pass a cyclist real close just to make a point.

Believe it or not. Most cyclists do adhere to all traffic laws. And in some states, it's ok for a cyclist to treat stop lights as stop signs. And many cyclists would actually rather ride on the sidewalk than sharing the road with motor vehicles, but that would be unfair to pedestrians and it's also illegal.

Luckily im not that guy, im not that big of an asshole. But I certainly do roll my eyes when I see a group of cyclists on a 2 lane country road straying away from the shoulder. I understand the passion to do something you like but to put yourself in harms way to do it seems silly to me, especially when there are plenty of paved trails you can ride. But I digress, if its your passion more power to you, I didnt mean to open this can of worms lol.

If youre one of these people, ride safe. No matter how right you think you are, youre no match for a half ton of metal going 30+ miles an hour.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Luckily im not that guy, im not that big of an asshole. But I certainly do roll my eyes when I see a group of cyclists on a 2 lane country road straying away from the shoulder. I understand the passion to do something you like but to put yourself in harms way to do it seems silly to me, especially when there are plenty of paved trails you can ride. But I digress, if its your passion more power to you, I didnt mean to open this can of worms lol.

If youre one of these people, ride safe. No matter how right you think you are, youre no match for a half ton of metal going 30+ miles an hour.
I don't see too many cyclist groups around here, but when I do, I wouldn't mind sitting behind them patiently until traffic opens up for me to pass. Yeah I have no idea why they stay away from the shoulder either, but speaking for myself, I don't ride on narrow shoulders to avoid debris, potholes, and drainage grates. And the worst enemy of them all: lane markers. If the marker is the slightest damp and you hit it straight on, then buckle up 'cause you're hitting the ground fast. I hit the ground hard a few times from sliding on trolley tracks and wet sidewalks. AND I'm still alive!

No I'm not one of those people. The only rides I use to do are city, bike trail, and sponsored rides, like MS 150. Now I mainly do city rides if at all.

OP
OP

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag