Muturuc

First Name
Alexi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sedan Executive (EU)
Country flag
I dunno if its something wrong or if this is how they work but the feature has the high beams all the time. In the owners manual says that when it detects headlights ahead of you it goes to low beam, but it's not the case for my civic. It just stays on high beams and I have to manually go back to low beams. Is it an issue?? and also: The Traffic Sign Recognition feature is showing the traffic signs after I pass them. At the test drive it showed them 100m ahead of the car. Is it normal?
Sponsored

LeaveEarly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB LX HS
I dunno if its something wrong or if this is how they work but the feature has the high beams all the time. In the owners manual says that when it detects headlights ahead of you it goes to low beam, but it's not the case for my civic. It just stays on high beams and I have to manually go back to low beams. Is it an issue?? and also: The Traffic Sign Recognition feature is showing the traffic signs after I pass them. At the test drive it showed them 100m ahead of the car. Is it normal?
You have a civic with traffic sign recognition?

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
You have a civic with traffic sign recognition?
When I was test driving Accords last month, the guy told me it is strickly on the Accord....I liked it, would be nice in the Pilot, especially in a location you aren't familiar with, but not something I would need 99% of the time

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
A
are you sure your car has auto high beam? It’s only on the sport tutoring models. Here’s how you enable and disable auto high beam

Last edited:

joecin

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Touring-'18 Acura RDX Advance
I don't see it in my Touring.

LeaveEarly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB LX HS
I have auto high beam on my lx hatchback
However I do have Honda sensing so maybe it's part of the package?

BogdanM

First Name
Bogdan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Plus 1.5 MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Speed , overpass restrictions are in effect once you have passed them, not before them. The car shows you the speed limit or restriction in effect at that moment, so why should it be showing the restriction before it being in effect? Displaying the traffic signs just as you pass them is correct and logic behavior for the type of traffic signs this car recognises.
In regard to the high beam, are you sure they are on? I mean, do you have the blue high beam marker and the green one for the auto high beam, both showing up in the same time inside the instrument cluster?
I have this feature on min, active since i got it and it has never switched to high beams while in an city / village (correct behavior) or when in traffic with other cars around. The only times i saw the high beams ON was on empty roads, without any cars in sight and without public illumination.

Last edited:

GixxerMKD

First Name
Baze
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5 Hatchback Sport 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Speed , overpass restrictions are in effect once you have passed them, not before them. The car shows you the speed limit or restriction in effect at that moment, so why should it be showing the restriction before it being in effect? Displaying the traffic signs just as you pass them is correct and logic behavior for the type of traffic signs this car recognises.
In regard to the high beam, are you sure they are on? I mean, do you have the blue high beam marker and the green one for the auto high beam, both showing up in the same time inside the instrument cluster?
I have this feature on min, active since i got it and it has never switched to high beams while in an city / village (correct behavior) or when in traffic with other cars around. The only times i saw the high beams ON was on empty roads, without any cars in sight and without public illumination.
+1 on what this guy said, and make sure the knob is on Auto. Works flawlessly on mine.

OP
OP
Muturuc

Muturuc

First Name
Alexi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am sure, I have to everytime turn them off. In Iasi there are a lot of cars in the city and the high beams go on randomly and I get flashed all the time

OP
OP
Muturuc

Muturuc

First Name
Alexi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am sure, I have to everytime turn them off. In Iasi there are a lot of cars in the city and the high beams go on randomly and I get flashed all the time

OP
OP
Muturuc

Muturuc

First Name
Alexi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

BogdanM

First Name
Bogdan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Plus 1.5 MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would you mind filming this, if it happens so often? I'm quite sure we are missing something here.

mar6o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 5D Elegance Navi MT 1.0
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The auto high beams work fine on my Civic. They're not too quick to switch back on after someone passes me, but they work.
The thing is, when I manually intervene (switch off the high beams or flash someone) I have to "reset" the auto lights. Just flick the switch to another position and then to AUTO again.

Traffic sign recognition works very precisely- indicates the change in speed limit the moment I pass the sign.

Seems like you could have an issue with your camera module since both systems rely on it to function correctly.
Sponsored