Auto High Beam Issue

FK718

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EX Hatch w/ Honda Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone else have issues with their auto high beams? I know it's not a super common option, but my EX w/ Sensing Hatch has them, and it's a complete love/hate relationship. They work fine on rural roads, but it's like they purposely wait for the absolute WORST time to turn on around town. For example, if a car merges in front of me, the system wont recognize it and without fail my high beams will come on. They also have a bad habit of waiting too long to turn on when I need them, and will turn on as a car is approaching for a split second so it looks like I'm flashing my high beams. I absolutely love the feature when it works, but it can be super frustrating/embarrassing at times.
Sponsored

Woodydog

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback sport touring
Does anyone else have issues with their auto high beams? I know it's not a super common option, but my EX w/ Sensing Hatch has them, and it's a complete love/hate relationship. They work fine on rural roads, but it's like they purposely wait for the absolute WORST time to turn on around town. For example, if a car merges in front of me, the system wont recognize it and without fail my high beams will come on. They also have a bad habit of waiting too long to turn on when I need them, and will turn on as a car is approaching for a split second so it looks like I'm flashing my high beams. I absolutely love the feature when it works, but it can be super frustrating/embarrassing at times.
Yeah mine has issues .I don't use them.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
This is why it's easy to toggle the automatic function on and off.

I disable it when the roads are twisty and I know there will probably be oncoming traffic. I also just flip them on and off manually when I'll know I need high beams but also need to be ready to switch them back off.

The camera system isn't yet capable enough to catch details like oncoming headlights peeking through trees or lighting the sides of the road. It also can't tell the difference between car headlights and the bright lights at a gas station. My wife really likes it on her CR-V, but I guess I'm a little pickier.

PMMonly4HATCH

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald Frump
Threads
Reaction score
Only bad people (Not Cars) come to America
Vehicle(s)
'17 HATCH ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It has worked flawlessly for me. I did get a message about Auto high beam issue but it has never popped back up.
Sponsored