auto-fold mirrors and walk-away-lock question.

eob2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UKDM 2017 Civic Sport Plus Hatch (1.5T 6MT)
Country flag
Hi everyone, I have just purchased a 2017 Civic Sport Plus, it is equipped with power fold mirrors which are great and all but they don't auto fold on lock, if I want to fold after exiting the car have to double press and hold the lock button on the key to fold them. This isn't a particularly intuitive and I was wondering if anyone had found a way to auto-fold the mirrors on a normal lock.

As an extension to this, has anyone found a way of enabling walk-away-autolock on EDM cars, it seems really weird to me that this is missing on keyless access models when it exists on USDM cars. I would assume the car has the ability to do this it is simply disabled in software somewhere.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have never heard of being able to "auto-fold" and close the windows for that matter without keeping the button pressed.

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
I've seen a video on youtube of a Chinese 10th gen with a plug and play auto folding module fitted in the drivers door. I'm sure it'll be available somewhere like Aliexpress etc. I haven't seen it in the flesh so I can't say what the quality is like.

Gympiebrowns

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Championship White Civic Type R, 2010 Toyota Prado GXL
Country flag
have you been through the settings in the headunit to see if its selectable in there, it is in Australia

inlinef

First Name
Antti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8, Accord Type R CH1, BMW 545e G30
Country flag
I also have to press and hold to fold the mirrors, it's irritating. There is a setting for it in the menu and it's turned on, still not working like it should.

Kaderekusen

First Name
Easy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag