Auto climate control

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
I miss old climate controls.. I hate this touch screen bs. It’s livable but damn.. kinda annoying.
Sponsored

skullmurdoc

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic SI sedan 2017 , Civic SI sedan 2013
Country flag
I haven't paid attention in the Civic, but I think modern systems with auto control (whether it's on or not) send conditioned air to the windshield. My Challenger did, as does my wife's Rogue.
Yes you are right. Most modern car will override your selection and run the AC on defrost. Some cars don't even light the AC light and run it.

tehSteve

GrayBeard McGootch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
I'm not understanding this "auto" thing. You can turn the AC on and off.
When you turn the AC on, you set the dial to your desired temperature as well as the blow speed.

So where does "auto" come into play here?

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
Do you turn the auto back on? I think the auto is what dictates heat to the feet. Other day it was cool enough outside that auto was giving me heat... but not cool enough that I needed it. Couldn't figure out how to just ask for fresh air vent. It still wanted to blow warm.
yupp. I just hit the off and on button

nuowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
I'm not understanding this "auto" thing. You can turn the AC on and off.
When you turn the AC on, you set the dial to your desired temperature as well as the blow speed.

So where does "auto" come into play here?
Thanks for the learnin'. I thought as soon as you turned the A/C on it automatically went to auto. Just went out and looked at it. Gonna have to go look at the Rogue and see if THAT one's had me fooled for three years. :oops:

MagicMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Coupe 2002 Mercury Cougar V6
Country flag
The one thing I find annoying about the auto climate is that it disables the re-circulation. Clicking that button disables the auto climate.
Just wanted to comment that this is not really accurate. Auto will use both recirculation and open vent modes dependent on how much the air needs to be cooled/heated. Also, when on Auto, toggling the recirculation button will not disengage the Auto functionality. Yes, the light goes off, but everything else remains "auto". It's in the manual.

4DBox

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silver EXT, 2018 Volt
Country flag
On cold days I've noticed when Auto is off and AC is off, my windshield is starting to fog so I press the front defrost button. The fan comes on full, the window defrosts, I turn off the defrost button. What I've found is that the AC stays engaged ON after this action, even with the heat on. I have to go to the touchscreen to press the AC tab to OFF to disengage AC. Usually I just leave it on for further de-humidification as its a distraction to be pressing screens while driving.
Sponsored