Starvin

First Name
Arvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
When driving in a parking lot area with Auto Climate on at 70, I get a lot of jerkiness coming from the car at first and second gear going about 10-15mph. I'm new to driving standard so I don't know if this is a common issue or not. I understand that there's a loss of power with the A/C on in general but should it be jerking at slow speeds?

Any and all insight is greatly appeciated!
Sponsored

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
It's common on small engines with manuals. You just have to adapt. You'll get it with practice.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The power loss from the A/C means you have to shift at different RPMs and give a little more throttle when letting off the clutch than you usually do to get smooth shifts.

It's more prevalent at the low vehicle speeds with the lower gears (1st and 2nd) since they have higher gear ratios. You won't feel as much of the power being robbed if you were shifting from 4th to 5th at 50mph, so those higher speed, higher gear shifts won't be affected much.

skorj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
Our cars really amplify this jerkiness with that soft rear motor mount - you feel the engine rocking around with the change in load. Once I replaced that it was a lot smoother feeling at lower speeds like idling through a parking lot at 10mph.
Sponsored