Authorized Dealer + Group Buy Announcement! Paragon Performance FK8 Rotors & Pads

OP
OP
Unity Performance

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
14/15 invoices paid, last invoice for Fronts to make it #15 sent out to @cf1001! Bring it home sir ?

Past midnight here in Toronto, but I'll keep the GB open till 12AM PST! Whoever wants to jump in, this is your last chance folks ⌛

OP
OP
Unity Performance

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
7 folks so far in total for Rear Rotors (combined 305mm + 350mm), will there be 3 more entrants last minute to take it to Tier 2? :)

---

9 folks so far have added Pads to the setup! I made a late discovery that @cfl001 mentioned to me in the PM's, which is Titanium Shims being offered by Paragon that are compatible for the Front Pads. Below is the product description, and just like the Pads these will be 20% off of $60 USD = $48 USD / CAD equivalent.

My apologies for the very late add, I don't want it to come off to you as a sleezy tactic; just discovered it as mentioned and it would make the process convenient to send it all together if anyone would like them. Not necessary for the street guys or 1-3 light to mild track day goers, these are for the late brakers out on track many times times every season.

Product description per Paragon about their Titanium Shims:

Reduce heat transfer from the brake pads to the calipers and brake hydraulic system to lower the operating temperature. When the rotors and pads are hot, heat transfer via the caliper pistons to the calipers and brake fluid may lead to fluid overheat and brake fade. Fluid fade will lead to soft brake pedal and affect modulation, and is dangerous when there is sudden loss of braking power at the track.

Lower long term maintenance cost by protecting the caliper seals, dust boots, and brake fluid. Excessive heat will deteriorate these components a lot faster and lead to unnecessary replacement cost, plus wasted track time. Boiled fluid needs to be replaced after every track day.

OEM FK8 Brembo 4 piston calipers are known for turning brown or even black after track use. This low cost solution can reduce the likelihood of discoloration.
  • Improved safety by help preventing brake fade and failure
  • Extend the life of brake components and lower long term maintenance cost
  • Material: Grade 5 titanium (6AL-4V / ASTM B348)
  • Thickness: 0.5mm (0.02")
  • Set of 4 (axle set)
Link: https://paragonbrakes.com/paragon-pps370-titanium-pad-shims/?setCurrencyId=1

1. @17RGuy - Front R5, Rear R5
2. @Eugene_Fk8 - Front R5, Rear P3
3. @Dave B - Front R5
4. @seed3540 - Front P3
5. @Nitroturtle - Front P3, Rear P3
6. Anonymous - P3 Front, P3 Rear
7. @Matt-10611 - Front P3, Rear P3
8. @QuasarMotors - Front R5, Rear P3
9. @cfl001 - Front P2

^ Fellas above, let me know if you guys would like a set of shims or pass, and confirming this is the list I have for Pad selection.

Honda Civic 10th gen Authorized Dealer + Group Buy Announcement! Paragon Performance FK8 Rotors & Pads PPS370-FK8-Titanium-Pad-Shim-Paragon-Performance-1__20702.1623389424
Honda Civic 10th gen Authorized Dealer + Group Buy Announcement! Paragon Performance FK8 Rotors & Pads PPS370-FK8-Titanium-Pad-Shim-Paragon-Performance-2__27099.1623389433

Last edited:
OP
OP
Unity Performance

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wooooo, @cfl001 is in, which means 15 folks have completed their deposits for the Front Rotors, and you guys get the $200 USD off of those ?

Rears we are Tier 1, which is still $100 off - allowing entrants for 70 more minutes (PM ME!), after that give me about 48 hours to tally up everyone on my end, send out full payment invoices, and get these shipped out to you guys this week. Canadians, which is only @Dave B, I'll have these ready for pickup mid-month sir if you'd like to stop by the shop.

THANKS ALL! Will check back in the morning :)

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
Any benefit at all from using the shims if not tracking? I imagine it's unlikely the brakes would get hot enough for it to matter. Don't mind spending the money, but with no plans to track I think I'm gonna skip it.

Ars3nd

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey there is it too late to jump in on this for front rotors? :)

oak

First Name
wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
Thank you Unity for organizing this GB final payment made. Anyone know the part numbers for front and rear caliper bolts and torque specs?

Good habit to torque new rotors/calipers with new bolts due to bolt stretch.

Last edited: